The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #1481
ChosenOne
Banned

Now that the Turtles have cut ties with the Foot, and that Casey is running the Purple Dragons, where does he and his gang stand in regards to Splinter? Do the Dragons work for the Foot again like they did during and immediately after City Fall? Or was the assault on Dunn's HQ more of an alliance than a "calling the banners" (my status as a Game of Thrones fanboy is shining throug here) moment?

In other words, if push came to shove, would Casey and the Dragons side with the Turtles or Splinter and the Foot in any potential conflicts between the two groups? Or would Casey come to the Turtles' aid as his good ol' vigilante self, instead of his leader-of-violent-hoodlums self?

What can we expect from him going forward? Did that talk with Splinter influence him that much?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #1482
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
What about Bebop and Rocksteady? Do you think they could serve an ongoing, or are they simply too limited in their potential? (Again, discounting the factor of sales.)
Ten years ago i'd say no, but they fit a similar 'comedic anti-hero' mold as Deadpool or Harley Quinn, so maybe? I personally think those characters are overplayed, but that doesn't seem to stop them! But i'd like to keep B & R for special occasions, so they don't wear out their welcome.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #1483
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Now that the Turtles have cut ties with the Foot, and that Casey is running the Purple Dragons, where does he and his gang stand in regards to Splinter? Do the Dragons work for the Foot again like they did during and immediately after City Fall? Or was the assault on Dunn's HQ more of an alliance than a "calling the banners" (my status as a Game of Thrones fanboy is shining throug here) moment?

In other words, if push came to shove, would Casey and the Dragons side with the Turtles or Splinter and the Foot in any potential conflicts between the two groups? Or would Casey come to the Turtles' aid as his good ol' vigilante self, instead of his leader-of-violent-hoodlums self?

What can we expect from him going forward? Did that talk with Splinter influence him that much?
It's an interesting question that hopefully we'll get a chance to explore. As briefly seen in TMNT #65, I think Casey sees both sides, and has loyalty to both. He's closest to Raph, so I think he'd side with him first, but he'll do what he thinks best for all. I don't think he'll be paying tribute to the Foot, or doing odd jobs, like Hun did for Shredder. He and the Dragons will be more independent, but will definitely help out when things are dire.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:21 PM   #1484
ChosenOne
Banned

Is Dimension X a part of the main ongoing, or a mini in the same vein as Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything? I personally believe it's a mini but there seems to be some confusion regarding this point.

Also, in a universe where Universe (heh) never existed, would The War to Come have been told in the main ongoing, or would you have changed the Turtles' first clash with Bishop and the government to be Desperate Measures? How crucial was it to the future of the narrative?
Old 12-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #1485
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

TMNT #73-75 will be a storyline called "Trail of Krang". #73 comes out in August. Also in August will be the "TMNT: Dimension X" 5-week event. So the ongoing will focus in on the trial itself, but the Dimension X event will let us be able to see more of, well, Dimension X! They'll be tied in to each other.

The first Universe story sort of acts as a prelude to Desperate Measures, but if it didn't exist I don't think it would affect the ongoing storyline too much. It's hard to say-- hard to rewind time and then imagine how things might have been!
Old 12-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #1486
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
TMNT #73-75 will be a storyline called "Trail of Krang". #73 comes out in August. Also in August will be the "TMNT: Dimension X" 5-week event. So the ongoing will focus in on the trial itself, but the Dimension X event will let us be able to see more of, well, Dimension X! They'll be tied in to each other.

The first Universe story sort of acts as a prelude to Desperate Measures, but if it didn't exist I don't think it would affect the ongoing storyline too much. It's hard to say-- hard to rewind time and then imagine how things might have been!
Thanks for clearing that up! It's equally as hard to make time move faster, unfortunately... Can it be August already?! The whole thing sounds amazing!

It must be a pretty big and eventful arc, if we're getting at least two perspectives of it.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #1487
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Oh, my... It so awesome!!! Can't wait!!!

THANK YOU!!!
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:46 PM   #1488
CyberCubed
Overlord

So if I'm reading this right, are there really 7 new TMNT comics coming in August?

1. TMNT Ongoing

2. TMNT Universe

3. 5-issues of Krang
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:48 PM   #1489
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Where is the TMNT: Dimension mini and Trial of Krang questions coming from? I didn't think we had any information beyond February's #67 starting off Desperate Measures'. Good sleuthing!
Old 12-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #1490
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Where is the TMNT: Dimension mini and Trial of Krang questions coming from? I didn't think we had any information beyond February's #67 starting off Desperate Measures'. Good sleuthing!
From here.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:24 PM   #1491
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So if I'm reading this right, are there really 7 new TMNT comics coming in August?

1. TMNT Ongoing

2. TMNT Universe

3. 5-issues of Krang
That is accurate. Start saving now! (but seriously, much the same as with Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything, not necessary to read the Dimension X mini-series to enjoy the ongoing storyline. Just more to read if you want it)
Old 12-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #1492
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

How much time would have elapsed since Krang was captured in #44 and his trial in #73? Real time it is two and half years before his trial for war crimes started. How much time in IDW's timeline?
Old 12-19-2016, 04:48 PM   #1493
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I purposefully try and keep the passage of time in the ongoing vague to keep things flexible, so this isn't a cannon answer, but let's say around 6-10 months.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #1494
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I purposefully try and keep the passage of time in the ongoing vague to keep things flexible, so this isn't a cannon answer, but let's say around 6-10 months.
Yes. As per my OCD account of the timeline, it's been 8 months. He was incarcerated shortly before April graduated (which would have been May), so approx 8 months to the current "now".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:26 AM   #1495
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

The "Trail of Krang", is that like the Oregeon Trail only with Dimension X instead of the US?

Anyway, he's imprisoned on Neutrino, so is he just on trial for his crimes against the Neutrinos or is this like an ICC trial for Dimension X?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #1496
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The "Trail of Krang", is that like the Oregeon Trail only with Dimension X instead of the US?

Anyway, he's imprisoned on Neutrino, so is he just on trial for his crimes against the Neutrinos or is this like an ICC trial for Dimension X?
"You died of terraforming."
Old 12-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #1497
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Haha, I need to find a good editor!

More like a ICC trial. Crimes against Dimensions!
Old 12-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #1498
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, what I'm seeing is that May has the prequel to Krang's Trial.

Then August has a five-week event plus the first issue of Krang's trial, then following to October.

I feel as though I should be prepared to drown in delight.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:29 AM   #1499
ChosenOne
Banned

With the March solicitations having been released today, I have to ask:

Is IDW Bishop a hands-on fighter (he is depicted in one of the covers for #68 engaged in a brawl with Man Ray) or a "mere" overseer?

Also, will there be an in-story reason why he targeted cohesive groups of mutants like the Mutanimals and the Turtles, instead of picking off outliers like Leatherhead, Alopex, Bebop & Rocksteady, or even trying to go after Splinter? Is Bishop even aware of their existence?
Old 12-21-2016, 01:26 PM   #1500
neatoman
Emperor

So three questions regarding the latest issue of Universe (two of them in spoilers).

1. Was LH wearing some kind of sack or something? Didn't look like a piece of clothing with all the stiches.

Spoiler:
2. Will Hob take LH's advice and not let solitude be tortuous?
3. Is LH's flow chart a hint of things to come?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz