The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-07-2019, 06:09 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Remember when watching a video on the computer took 10 minutes to download a 2 minute video?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:31 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Remember when watching a video on the computer took 10 minutes to download a 2 minute video?
I wasn't watching videos in the early 2000s. I didn't start watching videos until I discovered youtube in mid-2006. So no.

Also, remember when flash games were huge? I spent SO MUCH time playing hose flash games on Cartoon Network's website back in the early 2000s.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Remember when you had to pay to watch movies/tv shows? Or watch with commercials on a certain time on TV or you were out of luck until rerurns?

When it came to my favorite shows, I was always so mad if I missed an episode because at the time there was no way to watch it unless reruns happened and that wasn't always a thing. Nowadays anything you miss on TV is on the internet in the next day or so.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:07 AM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't like it, everybody got fat.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:58 AM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

What about actors/actresses that came into prominence in the past decade? I believe Scarlett Johansson did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I used to have this idea that younger generations were getting fatter each decade, but I actually read some study a year or two ago that obesity in kids and teenagers in Portugal has actually gone down this decade.

Obesity rates have been climbing up in developed nations overall, though, and fast ageing populations don't help since a lot of people put on weight when they reach middle age. It's funny. Most younger people I see are scrawny or thin/normal, while a big portion of people aged 40 and above have beer bellies or some extra fat.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:47 AM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

I love it when I sober up and discover my drunk posts from earlier in the day. It's like Christmas.

Confession: Not actually all that sober, but the point still f*cking stands.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:43 AM   #27
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Remember when there were loads of different types of magazines on sale in shops? Nowadays, most of them are gone and a lot of people just find information on websites.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:58 AM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Remember when there were loads of different types of magazines on sale in shops? Nowadays, most of them are gone and a lot of people just find information on websites.
I miss when video game magazines were must buy.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #29
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Hey, at least it's job security for you when they inevitably "try" to get fit/slim down!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:34 AM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

I remember when Britney Spears shaved her head bald and the media treated it like it was the biggest event of the decade. And even Kevin Federline showed on in WWE and beat John Cena in a match when he was Super Cena and beating literally everyone... and yet loses to ****ing K-Fed of all people
Old 09-10-2019, 09:41 AM   #31
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'm old enough that it mostly just happened in a flash and relatively uneventful. I just have a harder time believing that movies and things that came out then are nearly 20 years old already. Seriously, how did that happen?
This.

I graduated in 2000. And I still can't believe that was virtually 20 years ago. Maybe it's just me getting older, and I hate how cliche' this will sound, but man, time flies! I mean, just the other day they were talking about The Phantom Menace celebrating it's 20th anniversary? What the heck!
Old 09-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
This.

I graduated in 2000. And I still can't believe that was virtually 20 years ago. Maybe it's just me getting older, and I hate how cliche' this will sound, but man, time flies! I mean, just the other day they were talking about The Phantom Menace celebrating it's 20th anniversary? What the heck!
I graduated HS in 2008 and it's also mindblowing how it's been over a decade ago already.

Nowadays we're starting to see nostalgia for the early-mid 2000s popping up. In a handful of years well see nostalgia for the early 2010s popping up. What will the young adults of then nostalgia about, though? Justin Bieber? The 2012 TMNT cartoon and the Bay Turtles movies?
Old 09-13-2019, 04:23 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why can't it be 2005 again? I wish I could go back in time to 2005. what a glorious time
Old 09-13-2019, 04:37 PM   #34
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Why can't it be 2005 again? I wish I could go back in time to 2005. what a glorious time
Tbh 2005 feels quite distant to me by now. I was only 14-15 at the time. Think it was when I fully began feeling like a teenager. Which had its highs and lows.

Now if I could go back to, let's say, 2011 or 2012, that would be fine I was 20-22 at the time which made me feel that I still had all the time in the world. The first years in your adulthood are pretty cool because you feel so free and independent for the first time but still can afford to be somewhat irresponsible.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:38 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was 20 in 2005 so for me it's a lot different.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:41 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
That was a good era, around then. People still had their websites, Youtube was just starting out. Social media was around, but not annoying yet. Anything seemed possible.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That was a good era, around then. People still had their websites, Youtube was just starting out. Social media was around, but not annoying yet. Anything seemed possible.
Yeah, about the only thing I don't miss from that time is not being able to watch any show/movie you want online, or fear of missing an episode of your favorite show because there was no way to catch it again till reruns. Online streaming barely existed back then, you had to download stuff from torrent websites that took forever, and for me, they never worked.

These days you can watch virtually anything online with the click of a finger. Any random episode of any old TV show, you don't even have to own DVDs anymore or nothing.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #38
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I didn't even know of youtube until spring 2006. It was a GOLD MINE for full anime/cartoon series and also for wrestling videos. I watched A LOT of Attitude and New Generation era WWF on youtube and Dailymotion back in 2006-2007. That stuff NEVER got removed until Youtube was bought by Google and they began taking copyright seriously.

Quote:
Yeah, about the only thing I don't miss from that time is not being able to watch any show/movie you want online, or fear of missing an episode of your favorite show because there was no way to catch it again till reruns. Online streaming barely existed back then, you had to download stuff from torrent websites that took forever, and for me, they never worked.

These days you can watch virtually anything online with the click of a finger. Any random episode of any old TV show, you don't even have to own DVDs anymore or nothing.
Yes, I agree.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:32 PM   #39
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I was a mere child during the 2000's.

Good grief.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #40
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I was a mere child during the 2000's.

Good grief.
I think it's pretty cool I was born in 1990, the first year of a new decade. That means it was still possible for me to remember a bit of that decade even if it was mostly the later years of it. My brother, on the other hand, was born in 1983 and he does not remember the 80s.