The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #15241
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Ric Flair Hospitalized

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #15242
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Come on, Ric, get through this.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #15244
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I really hope he'll be okay and this isn't all the years of booze and partying catching up to him. Reeeeeally don't want to lose Ric Flair.

Quote:
Alberto stripped of GFW title, he will remain suspended
Sounds like GFW is rethinking the idea of making Alberto the face of the company. It's amazing they keep making the same problem for themselves after so many years, giving the ball to people known for getting in trouble long before they can prove they won't. See also, the Jeff Hardy debacle.

Management might be new, but the mistakes are old.

Quote:
If it is true, that's 60 minutes of no selling Dean Malenko's offense. Goldberg was pretty ****** at selling.
There's no way it's true. Goldberg couldn't even do sixty minutes of no selling. I'm not saying that to knock the guy, who was super over and important during the peak year of his career in WCW. It's just reality. He was a Road Warrior wrestler; the money was in him destroying guys, not going long or putting on clinics.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #15245
The Deadman
Foot Elite

One report I read claimed he had heart failure which stemmed from some sort of disease attributed to excessive alcohol abuse. On a lighter note, Adam Cole signed with WWE and might debut at Takeover on Saturday.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #15246
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
One report I read claimed he had heart failure which stemmed from some sort of disease attributed to excessive alcohol abuse.
Gah, I was afraid of that. It's no secret what a party boy he was during his height. It really goes to show you what that kind of lifestyle does to you. Hopefully he pulls through.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #15247
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, this sucks, but I had a feeling this would happen one day. Really hope he pulls through because it would suck to lose him.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #15249
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The surgery in question wasnt heart related, it was colon related. So we still dont know the status of his health as it pertains to the heart issues. They obviously felt though that it was safe enough to perform some kind of surgery elsewhere.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #15250
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Glad to hear he's resting now. Hope he gets through this.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:17 PM   #15251
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Hoping Ric can pull through soon.

Spoiler:
Baron Corbin just lost his Money in the Bank contract. He tried to use it against Jinder Mahal after his match with John Cena. Cena distracted Corbin and Mahal escaped.

I'm happy Shinsuke Nakamura is likely to get the title without much interference, but it's baffling. Even if John is a Boy Scout, wouldn't he have wanted to make his match a title match, especially after "I'm Cena, recognize" back in January? It makes no sense; better yet, why now was a good idea to cash in the briefcase is beyond me.

I'm not a huge fan of Corbin, he's still relatively green to an extent. However, this was stupid as hell in my opinion.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #15252
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I read a tweet from Razor Ramon telling Rick something to the effect of 'C'mon Rick Flair, you got this, Just kick out at 2 and a half like you always do.' It's cool the respect others show for the Nature Boy.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:47 AM   #15253
jbeeman85
Foot Soldier

Spoiler:
That cash in last night was a total waste. I know it's scripted but a couple things:

1. Why wouldn't Corbin cash in immediately after he walks down there and takes out Cena? He waited way too long and even started to walk off before deciding to turn back and cash in.

2. Why did the ref have to make sure Jinder was aware of the cash in? Big Show wasn't granted that courtesy back when Daniel Bryan cashed in and the higher ups "hated" Bryan.

Don't get the point of having a cash in that officially only lasted a few seconds with a roll-up, Baron in no way comes out looking anything but weak and stupid after that.
jbeeman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:53 AM   #15254
jbeeman85
Foot Soldier

It's disgusting the comments on the ESPN article about Ric Flair being hospitalized. People having to make comments about WWE not being a real sport and ESPN needs to quit reporting on it. Have some freaking respect, a guy (no matter what your opinion of type of guy he is) is in the hospital with major health problems.

Don't see why so many people that don't like wrestling have to mock those who enjoy it as well as the performers themselves. And then take the time to actually read and comment on articles about it. I don't like Soccer, so I'm not going to waste my time commenting on articles about happenings in the world of Soccer, same logic should apply to those trolls.
jbeeman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:47 AM   #15255
ZariusTwo
Overlord

CM Punk is writing for Marvel again. He and Dalibor Talajic are the creative team on the Master of Kung-Fu One-Shot

https://www.newsarama.com/35973-marv...shang-chi.html
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #15256
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I agree that the cash in was definitely a stupid move on the creative side of things. They should have had him wait until at least Summerslam to do it properly. I don't know what sort of angle they're going with Corbin on this one but it better not be something stupid. I really like Baron's character and loved his rivalry with Dean Ambrose.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:00 PM   #15257
ZariusTwo
Overlord

According to Dave Meltzer, the reason WWE gave up on Corbyn was because he failed to impress them with his verbal sparring with Cena last week on Smackdown. Plus Mojo Rawley humiliated him on Twitter.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #15258
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
According to Dave Meltzer, the reason WWE gave up on Corbyn was because he failed to impress them with his verbal sparring with Cena last week on Smackdown. Plus Mojo Rawley humiliated him on Twitter.
In that case, have him lose the briefcase to someone or something. It's not like it would be the first time. Jettisoning it that way was a complete waste. No one looked good in that segment. Corbin looked like a goober for getting pinned, while fresh, by a guy who just went through a John Cena match and took multiple AA's. Cena looked like a dunce for, intentional or not, distracting Corbin and then smiling about costing him the title, when Corbin winning would have made their match for the title. While Jinder... really didn't get anything out of it, given he was dead to rights at the end of the match and only spared a loss to Cena because of Corbin. It even makes the briefcase look a bit worse, since it's the saddest cash-in ever, now supplanting Sandows. At least he got to look competitive (even if he ended up beaten by a John Cena whose arm had been all but thrown in a wood chipper).
Old 08-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #15259
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I don't have a problem with Corbin losing, because I never thought he should have gotten the briefcase. It should have been Rusev or Owens.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #15260
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I don't have a problem with Corbin losing, because I never thought he should have gotten the briefcase. It should have been Rusev or Owens.
Owens not only had the US title at the time, but will hold the WWE title in time anyway. As for Rusev, I'll give you that, but as much as a lot of fans like him as a performer, WWE seems to have little interest in him other than to job to the stars to get them some heat back. I can understand why they wouldn't have considered him for the briefcase this year, though. They'd already backed Jinder as "foreigner champion who derides America" and probably aren't doing it twice with two different people in one year. Not to mention the cash-in teases before Jinder lost the title would be downright silly. Where's the heat in an America hating foreigner teasing a cash-in - or actually cashing in - on an America hating foreigner?

This actually seemed like a good shot for Baron Corbin - who I do like overall - to end up a dark horse WWE champion, or at least put on a killer match before losing, and it was totally wasted. I figured it would be another Edge situation, where a guy you figure will be a perpetual midcarder is boosted up by the case, but I guess he sunk his own chances, because backstage WWE requires eggshell walking these days.

I'm not necessarily against the occasional cash-in loss, that whole segment just sucked for everyone involved.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling