The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-09-2017, 11:48 AM   #1721
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I love a woman who can rock suspenders. Or...in this instance should I say braces?

I also love the Dexy's Midnight Runner meets Mork from Ork thing she's got going on.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #1722
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Location filming for the new series reveals Jodie wearing Peter's outfit

https://twitter.com/HQCelebCorner/st...71610354597888
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:18 PM   #1723
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

As expected, it looks comically baggy on her
Old 11-10-2017, 09:54 PM   #1724
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Location filming for the new series reveals Jodie wearing Peter's outfit

https://twitter.com/HQCelebCorner/st...71610354597888
I love how thrilled she looks here. I'm super excited for her run, and I hope she has a blast playing the Doctor.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:59 AM   #1725
Mayhem
Foot Elite

It's an interesting look, and you have to remember that the Doctor has only ideas and experiences about how women are supposed to dress from the people she's encountered, so you'd expect it to be a little peculiar, as there is no previous behaviour to fall back on! I liked the reveal costume, pity that's not the actual one, but it was a bit "Scottish Widows" like hah.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:25 AM   #1726
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Rose, The Christmas Invasion, Day of the Doctor and Twice Upon A Time are all being adapted into novels

https://www.penguin.com.au/search/?q...tion)&type=all
Old 11-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #1728
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

"What do you mean World War...One?"

OOPS
Old 11-18-2017, 04:48 AM   #1729
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
"What do you mean World War...One?"

OOPS
Well... to be strictly true here... people actually started referring to it as "World War One" before the war actually ended. Most definitely long, LONG before WW2 was a twinkling in Hitler's eye.

It was commonly referred to as the "Great War (for Civilisation)" but it wasn't an exclusive name. But on the side of probabilities here, Gatiss' character is likely to originate from a time prior to it being labelled as WW1 and thus the joke still works.

Besides, WW1 didn't "officially" end until 2010...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ally-ends.html
Old 11-18-2017, 08:21 AM   #1730
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking
Old 11-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #1731
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I've been meaning to get into this series and I keep losing interest/getting occupied with other stuff. I've watched the pilot episode from Eccleston's season, but that's it.

Is it like Power Rangers, where having context of the other stuff that came before is good, but not exactly necessary? I don't have the time to sit through 10 (?) seasons of TV these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #1732
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Is it like Power Rangers, where having context of the other stuff that came before is good, but not exactly necessary? I don't have the time to sit through 10 (?) seasons of TV these days.
The series is very accessible, it gradually reintroduces every element of the classic series over the course of those years so you never feel like you have to go back and binge the first twenty-six years of the show (half of which has whole episodes missing)

If you don't feel like going through ten years and two distinctly different showrunner eras, my advise would be to stick with the first four series and 2009 specials, which represents the era of Russel T. Davies as the showrunner. It has a very clear beginning, middle, and end.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:00 AM   #1734
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Series 11 of Doctor Who is being shot using Cooke and Angenieux anamorphic lenses for the first time as the show’s production team move to make the show look more filmic.

Bristol’s Films at 59, the company that supplies equipment to BBC Studios for production of the sci-fi drama, is making available Cooke anamorphic Prime lenses and Angenieux Optimo anamorphic zooms that will be used with Arri Alexa XT and Alex Mini cameras.

According to Films at 59, director Jamie Childs and director of photography Dennis Crossan want the lenses to bring an increased cinematic look to the show which went into production at the end of October.

Films at 59 hire client manager Dave Wride said: “The BBC have made a monumental leap here to enhance the look of Doctor Who and I’m sure the fans will not be disappointed with the distinctly cinematic results that this lens and camera combo will afford them.”

Series 11 of Doctor Who will be the first to feature Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor and will also star Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole and Mandip Gill.

Whittaker will be the Thirteenth Time Lord, taking over from Peter Capaldi who leaves the show at Christmas.

Series 11 will also be the first for new head writer and executive producer Chris Chibnall, who takes over as show runner from Steven Moffat.

The 10-part series will air in Autumn 2018, kicking off with an hour-long special followed by nine 50-min episodes.

Doctor Who is a BBC Studios production for BBC One and a BBC America co-production.
https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/tech/...124650.article
Old 12-26-2017, 03:19 AM   #1738
ZariusTwo
Overlord

My thoughts on "Twice Upon A Time"

Very much a character piece with not a whole lot of stake to it. Bradley was not needed, the whole thing with Bill, the Captain and Tesitmoney could have benefited more without his presence. The Captain's fate was determined by a flimsy gobbledygook explanation Moffat pulled out of his arse. I liked the whole Christmas armistice thing and the resolution, at last, to the War Doctor situation, but there could have been a tighter explanation.

Moffat also failed, in my eyes, to present a convincing case for Capaldi to carry on with his life. Capaldi seems to just come to a sort of "I suppose so" kind of calm resignation. Maybe that's how we all make it through a year come the start of a new one, I don't know.

On one hand I did like the callbacks to the RTD era, Into The Dalek, and Tenth Planet, but recycling the highs and lows of previous era (mostly highs) isn't a very confident practice, as it makes it look like the show is having an ongoing mid-life crisis trying to remind everyone of the earlier days when all people embraced it from 8 to 80.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:09 PM   #1739
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I finally got around to watching it.

I'm delighted that the "Naked Daleks" and Rusty weren't spoiled for me . Can't imagine how confused he would have been if time unfroze and the Doctor was already gone.

The Christmas Armistice was a nice twist, and I should have seen the Captain's identity coming a mile away. But it was still nice.

However, the best part for me was Capaldi's final line to stamp out Tennant's, since he'd been clinging to "I don't want to go" for so long that "Doctor, I let you go" was like a breath of fresh air after drowning.

Now, how the New Doctor is coming away from her...situation...I have no idea XD
Old 01-01-2018, 12:17 AM   #1740
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The Christmas Armistice was a nice twist
That was a real thing that happened, in case you didn't know.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity