The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #221
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

I cant wait for more news!!! Its exciting!
Just sure one thing: I´ll be on cinema to see this new movie no matter "who make what"!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:28 AM   #222
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I have to admit I'll be there for the midnight showing regardless. No matter what happens I keep coming back to my fandom here.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:55 AM   #223
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

I actually just read this entire freaking thread, and my brain hurts. It's mind-numbing how people can draw such negative conclusions when we know noooottthhhhiiinnngg about this film yet really.

That and, I don't say this to bash Spitfire or film critics, but I'm among the people who really don't give a crap what the critics say. Maybe I just have bad taste in films, but a lot of the movies I really like are the ones that get bashed by the so-called experts.

And having seen it myself, what the world does everyone have against the new Nightmare film? That turned out really, REALLY good I think, and this is coming from a fan of the originals. What, are they disappointed that they actually returned him to his roots more-so than even FvJ did? Do we miss him killing people with a Nintendo PowerGlove that much? The Nightmare film did a great job re-introducing the character and mythos to a new audience, as well as keeping things the same enough to please an old fan. Me and my girlfriend both saw it - I was already a fan, she wasn't. We both left pleased.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:17 AM   #224
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
And having seen it myself, what the world does everyone have against the new Nightmare film?
It was unnecessary. For starters... FvJ was the highest grossing movie of either the Freddy or Jason series, respectively... rebooting the Freddy films from scratch with a new Freddy for an encore afterward seems puzzling at best.

That said, I'm sure it's probably a pretty decent movie. I really enjoyed the latest standalone Friday movie, and the Texas Chainsaw remake duology. But let's not bury our heads in the sand and pretend it was the only/best way for them to go with the Nightmare films.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #225
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
what the world does everyone have against the new Nightmare film?
I haven't seen it yet, but from the trailers, it looks like they just copied the original. So, what's the point when you can just watch the original?
PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #226
ToTheNines
[sic]

Not responding to the post above me, but I hate this thread so much
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #227
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaFan87 View Post
I haven't seen it yet, but from the trailers, it looks like they just copied the original. So, what's the point when you can just watch the original?
Soooo, do you like the original?

And I agree this thread is entertaining me.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #228
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
it looks like they just copied the original. So, what's the point when you can just watch the original?
could it be because it's... wait for it... wait for it... a Remake!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #229
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I hate this thread so much
Because of the negativity? Well, to be fair, there's not much to get excited about. Michael Bay's name is attached to it. Platinum Dunes, a production company that has only done horror remakes, is in charge. The dude who wrote Forbidden Kingdom was rumored at one point. So, what's the good news, aside from a new TMNT movie being made? If Paramount said, "JJ Abrams is producing, Alex Kurtzman & Robert Orci are writing, and D.J. Caruso was directing" then we could start celebrating. But for now we have to be skeptical. The movie could be good/great. I'm not saying it won't. But at the moment there's no evidence to support that it will.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #230
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
could it be because it's... wait for it... wait for it... a Remake!
Scarface is a remake. John Carpenter's The Thing is a remake. Just cause something is a remake doesn't mean it has to be an exact copy. When you copy the original you end with Gus Van Sant's Psycho.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #231
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Because of the negativity? Well, to be fair, there's not much to get excited about. Michael Bay's name is attached to it. Platinum Dunes, a production company that has only done horror remakes, is in charge. The dude who wrote Forbidden Kingdom was rumored at one point. So, what's the good news, aside from a new TMNT movie being made? If Paramount said, "JJ Abrams is producing, Alex Kurtzman & Robert Orci are writing, and D.J. Caruso was directing" then we could start celebrating. But for now we have to be skeptical. The movie could be good/great. I'm not saying it won't. But at the moment there's no evidence to support that it will.
D.J. Caruso? Your kidding, right?

Quote:
Scarface is a remake. John Carpenter's The Thing is a remake. Just cause something is a remake doesn't mean it has to be an exact copy. When you copy the original you end with Gus Van Sant's Psycho.
If you actually grew up and watched something other than the friggin trailer, you would see that the movie's that PD are remaking are not exact copies of the original. And you never answered my question, did you like the original NOES?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #232
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain88 View Post
D.J. Caruso? Your kidding, right?
I can assure you he's on Paramount's short-list for directors. Disturbia and Eagle Eye were hits for the studio. DreamWorks made them, but Paramount distributed it.

Quote:
movie's that PD are remaking are not exact copies of the original.
Did I say all PD movies? No. I said Nightmare on Elm Street. The trailer showed nothing different. With Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th we saw something different. I could be wrong and the movie is entirely different, but the trailer didn't motivate me to spend $10 and find out.

Quote:
And you never answered my question, did you like the original NOES?
Was I a fan? No. Did I enjoy it? Yes.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #233
dontplaydead27
Thug

Quote:
Well, lets look at it this way.Im a huge Metallica fan. Now alot of people love old Tallica. When Bob Rock came around and started producing the new record everyone said it was gonna blow. And alot of people did say it sucked. Why? Because it was different. It was not the Tallica that anyone had heard before. This is why I think we are in a good situation because I think PD will make a TMNT that we have never seen before. Which is exciting. To me anyways.
Off topic of turtles, but I promise i'll wrap it around back to them. I'm a Metallica fan, not a die hard, but I really like the self-titled album, which got much backlash (Is that the Bob Rock one? I don't know much about their history) I think that's some of their best work, that I'VE heard- I haven't heard everything they've ever written. I have load and reload also here, but I still prefer the ST. I'll use Staind as my example.

You can say Staind was one of my favorite bands, back in the "break the cycle" days. Then their albums got continuously more watered-down and ballad oriented, but they still have a few tracks I liked. Their newest album, "the illusion of progress" is total dogsh** in my opinion. That album made me realize they have changed from what I liked and you will no longer hear me mention Staind when asked what my favorite bands are, although I still like the old. So my example, about remaining a "fan", was more along the lines if they put something out YOU can't stand. Do they get a pass for that bad decision, or do you say "enough is enough"? But I understand what you're saying about the Metallica thing.

Onto turtles. The people saying there's nothing to bitch about yet, you're right. There's hardly any information out there that makes this topic being pages long justified. With that said, one way, a popular way, to decide what the future holds, is to look back at the history. It's how virtually every establishment progresses and how society functions. It's how you get a job and it's how businesses make money. I think that a majority of us (fans of the TMNT and many horror franchises, not the general public) feel PD has done mediocre at best with the horror genre. It's perfectly acceptable, at this point, to hold some skepticism with the mention of the company name alone, based on what I feel is the consensus that PD hasn't done a very good job with what they've had so far. Maybe TMNT would be a great franchise for them, I don't know.

I know the only thing I feel they did alright on was the Texas Chainsaw remake, and I thought trying to revamp a horror heavyweight like Freddy was ballsy for them. What i'm interested in is why PD is interested in the turtles. For a horror production company, what does a comic adaptation offer to them? I know I said this was a horrible move earlier in this topic, but I jumped the gun- which I can occasionally do. I was focused on Bay and needed time to "cool it" but when you sit back and rationalize it, there's no need to say this is going to be a horrible choice. Of course your skepticism is a perfectly normal reaction to the news.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #234
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
I can assure you he's on Paramount's short-list for directors. Disturbia and Eagle Eye were hits for the studio. DreamWorks made them, but Paramount distributed it.

Did I say all PD movies? No. I said Nightmare on Elm Street. The trailer showed nothing different. With Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th we saw something different. I could be wrong and the movie is entirely different, but the trailer didn't motivate me to spend $10 and find out.

Was I a fan? No. Did I enjoy it? Yes.
Well, if you enjoyed the original why wouldnt you enjoy the remake. After all, it is the ''same''

Its a remake. Get over it. If it was exactly the same there really wouldnt be any point in making it. Dont judge movie by the trailer. Going around and saying movies suck and then saying ''But I havent seen it yet'' makes you look like a fool.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #235
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
Going around and saying movies suck
I don't recall ever saying that Nightmare on Elm Street sucked. What I do remember saying is that the trailer didn't motivate me to spend $10 on it.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #236
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
I don't recall ever saying that Nightmare on Elm Street sucked. What I do remember saying is that the trailer didn't motivate me to spend $10 on it.
Great. You technically never said sucked but you did say you passed on the entire movie based off of a trailer. After you saw that trailer, what did you say? It sucked? Or, ''No,no, that is not needed. Chainsaw and 13th were only ones that needed this treatment''.

But who cares anyway. This is not the point. The point is that Bay and Dunes are doing this movie. There is not one damn thing you or anyone else can do about that. So why sit here and whine about how much they are going to ruin the movie. Try to see it for what it is. A big name. Money. Gotta look at the good things about this situation. Because this is a very good thing. But maybe im out of my mind. I liked the Transformers movies and those remakes.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #237
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Scarface is a remake. John Carpenter's The Thing is a remake. Just cause something is a remake doesn't mean it has to be an exact copy.
Well, there's remakes and then there's reimaginings.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #238
PizzaFan87
Thug

Quote:
you passed on the entire movie based off of a trailer.
Is that unique?

Quote:
After you saw that trailer, what did you say? It sucked? Or, ''No,no, that is not needed. Chainsaw and 13th were only ones that needed this treatment''.
I said, "it's not worth $10." A year from now when the movie premieres on HBO I will see it. Then we can discuss if it was good or not.

Quote:
The point is that Bay and Dunes are doing this movie. There is not one damn thing you or anyone else can do about that. So why sit here and whine about how much they are going to ruin the movie.
Being skeptical is better than getting excited. At this point, anyway. When Stephen Sommers was announced as director of G.I. Joe, did you jump for joy or remain skeptical? Hopefully it was the latter.

Quote:
Try to see it for what it is. A big name. Money. Gotta look at the good things about this situation.
Viacom spent $60 million on TMNT. They were never gonna make a cheap TMNT movie. Michael Bay is there to advertise a name not to provide a budget.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #239
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Is that unique?

I said, "it's not worth $10." A year from now when the movie premieres on HBO I will see it. Then we can discuss if it was good or not.

Being skeptical is better than getting excited. At this point, anyway. When Stephen Sommers was announced as director of G.I. Joe, did you jump for joy or remain skeptical? Hopefully it was the latter.

Viacom spent $60 million on TMNT. They were never gonna make a cheap TMNT movie. Michael Bay is there to advertise a name not to provide a budget.
Is it unique passing on a movie because of the trailer? Maybe not. But if I saw and enjoyed the original, I could spend $10 to see the remake.

Im not a fan of G.I Joe so I didnt give a damn honstly. But I am a fan of the TMNT and I know Bay will give us a good movie.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #240
Loco
Mad Scientist

Good News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post

Shia Leblouf will probably play Casey Jones
crazy
Oh nooo he won't lol
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Yo, this guy is off the chain, son!