The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #1081
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
When? I'm guessing this Monday?
no they got married last night at the end of the 4th Crisis episode
Old 11-29-2017, 01:25 PM   #1082
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
which episode was this so i know what one to skip?

I've only seen two this season so far. the premier and the suit ep.
Episode 5 is the Feminism Strong women SJW episode
Old 11-30-2017, 08:17 AM   #1083
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
When? I'm guessing this Monday?
At the very end of the crossover actually.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:08 PM   #1084
Vegita-San
Emperor

first supergirl since the season 1 finale.

god, that alex plotline really does take up alot of the show now, doesn't it?

I can imagine alot of the family based viewers probably not being too particularly happy about it either, especially in the square states..

at least this is finally wrapping up the barry and iris romance plotline. until the inevitable cringe worthy 'we're having a baby' episodes start. ugh.

edit - and what he hell is with archie wanting to make riverdale all dark and gloomy? saw a preview for that thing and it's like, am I watching batman or some murder cop show here? smh...

-edit edit - saw all but part two. my god snart, what the hell did they do to you? sigh. enough with this romance crap. straight, gay, whatever. just stick to the super hero stuff, because most of part 4 was beyond incredible. especially on a tv budget.

all that other crap just gets in the way.

Last edited by Vegita-San; 12-03-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:15 AM   #1085
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Recent episode was pretty sweet. Can't wait for the Trial of The Flash adaptation in the next episode, it looks great.

Quote:

edit - and what he hell is with archie wanting to make riverdale all dark and gloomy? saw a preview for that thing and it's like, am I watching batman or some murder cop show here? smh...
To each their own. I wasn't even into Archie much aside from the reboot comics and Riverdale made me a bigger fan.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:54 PM   #1086
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

People, I've been meaning to ask this: since when did Iris become a tech savvy person on team flash? Did she take a course or something? I'm just confused. She's not doing a great job at all, i think she should step down and let Harry take it from here. What do you guys think? She said herself she doesn't know how long she can do it.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #1087
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Just finished season 2, a few episodes into season 3 now.

Season 1 was awesome! And that season finale could have been a movie. After a rocky start with Cisco and Caitlin, I quickly realized this is a rare show where I love all the leads. They're all fantastic. Grant is great, Iris is mesmerizing (I mean wow, what a beauty, and very charming), his sidekicks endearing, the Harrison Wells guy is impossible not to enjoy watching act, and even the cop guys like Eddie and his adoptive dad are cool. The slow buildup to the big Thawne battle and trying to save his mom was well done.

Season 2 was... really good, just not totally awesome. Zoom just wasn't as compelling a villain as Thawne despite all the dumb twists they throw at him ("He's Jay Garrick!" "He's not REALLY Jay Garrick!" blah blah), and Iris' family troubles/intrigue just wasn't... intriguing. Barry's random girlfriend was fun for a minute but kind of pointless with zero payoff (I almost wonder if it was the CW saying, "Look, fine, you damned racists... we'll give him a white girlfriend before he's stuck with Iris!"). They probably could have saved this Earth-2 stuff for another season... I just feel like it convolutes things way earlier than we need to. Barry actually going back in time and stopping his mom's murder at the end was unexpected.

Probably not worth pointing out the hundred-some times Barry, who we're told can run at Mach 2, could easily defeat non-speedsters? You're telling me Captain Cold can pull his trigger faster than the Flash can run up to him, snatch the gun away and punch him in the face 50 times? There's no way.

My biggest complaints would be how the rules of time travel in this are basically nonexistent. He can time travel back a day and his 1 day ago self just vanishes... but if he goes back 15 years, his younger self doesn't? Or if Barry changes the timeline and goes back to the present of the altered timeline, he'll slowly forget everything from the old timeline? That's what happened in the first episode of season 3, yet after undoing it and restoring things which still led to an altered timeline... why is Barry so confused about his new Harry Potter partner? Or why Iris is mad at her dad? Wouldn't he just slowly "remember" all of this stuff, anyway? Where was the Future Barry Allen shaking his head at Barry Allen stopping him in the room with his mom's murder when Barry returned there at the end of season 2? Killing Eddie Thawne vaporizes Eobard Thawne right in front of them... except it doesn't?

I don't like where this "Let's get us a new Harrison Wells!" thing is going.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-19-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #1088
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Just finished season 2, a few episodes into season 3 now.

Season 1 was awesome! And that season finale could have been a movie. After a rocky start with Cisco and Caitlin, I quickly realized this is a rare show where I love all the leads. They're all fantastic. Grant is great, Iris is mesmerizing (I mean wow, what a beauty, and very charming), his sidekicks endearing, the Harrison Wells guy is impossible not to enjoy watching act, and even the cop guys like Eddie and his adoptive dad are cool. The slow buildup to the big Thawne battle and trying to save his mom was well done.

Season 2 was... really good, just not totally awesome. Zoom just wasn't as compelling a villain as Thawne despite all the dumb twists they throw at him ("He's Jay Garrick!" "He's not REALLY Jay Garrick!" blah blah), and Iris' family troubles/intrigue just wasn't... intriguing. Barry's random girlfriend was fun for a minute but kind of pointless with zero payoff (I almost wonder if it was the CW saying, "Look, fine, you damned racists... we'll give him a white girlfriend before he's stuck with Iris!"). They probably could have saved this Earth-2 stuff for another season... I just feel like it convolutes things way earlier than we need to. Barry actually going back in time and stopping his mom's murder at the end was unexpected.

My biggest complaints would be how the rules of time travel in this are basically nonexistent. He can time travel back a day and his 1 day ago self just vanishes... but if he goes back 15 years, his younger self doesn't? Or if Barry changes the timeline and goes back to the present of the altered timeline, he'll slowly forget everything from the old timeline? That's what happened in the first episode of season 3, yet after undoing it and restoring things which still led to an altered timeline... why is Barry so confused about his new Harry Potter partner? Or why Iris is mad at her dad? Wouldn't he just slowly "remember" all of this stuff, anyway? Where was the Future Barry Allen shaking his head at Barry Allen stopping him in the room with his mom's murder when Barry returned there at the end of season 2? Killing Eddie Thawne vaporizes Eobard Thawne right in front of them... except it doesn't?

I don't like where this "Let's get us a new Harrison Wells!" thing is going.

I just don't care for race switches. it's usually the LAZIEST form of pandering you can do, because you don't believe in a NEW character. or want to give an EXISTING character of said race a chance to shine. So, what do you do? switch a white character over to something else. smh.

I personally find Iris the most boring and bland character on the show. however, the relationship between Barry and her father is so fun to watch. one of the better written ones on tv.

I sometimes think the writers forgot just how MANY Barry's where in that room with his mother at the moment, that they HAD to play with the rules of time travel a little just to simplify things a bit. otherwise it'd get too confusing over time.

I'm also glad they got rid of hawkgirl as cisco's girlfriend. she... wasn't that great a character to be honest. Gypsy is far cooler.

As for the new Harry Wells thing. I liked the IDEA, I just didn't care for the one they eventually chose. he was totally useless and just used for laughs. and after watching Earth 2 harry, not NEARLY as fun or interesting.
kind of glad he's gone.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #1089
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I just don't care for race switches. it's usually the LAZIEST form of pandering you can do, because you don't believe in a NEW character. or want to give an EXISTING character of said race a chance to shine. So, what do you do? switch a white character over to something else. smh.
If I was a huge Flash comics fan that might bother me, though probably not even then. If I had to pick a nit with anyone's appearance, it'd be Barry's hair. Would it have killed anyone to make Grant Gustin dye his hair blond from day one? Barry Allen has blond hair, just like Clark Kent has black hair. His character should be treated with the same respect as all the other DC "icons." Seeing a brown-haired Barry Allen is every bit as wrong as seeing a blond-haired Diana Prince or a red-haired Bruce Wayne. It's not that hard, CW.

(also, this clearly created a snowball effect with the DCEU... Zack Snyder almost undoubtedly made his "Barry Allen" brown-haired because of the CW show)

Quote:
I'm also glad they got rid of hawkgirl as cisco's girlfriend. she... wasn't that great a character to be honest.
It only lasted one episode!

Man, that Hawkgirl actress is horrible, though. Not as bad as the Vixen actress over in Arrow season 4, but close.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-19-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #1090
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Does anyone stop and think how horrible the original Harrison Wells was done? I mean the original guy. The one that Thawne took the place of.

Thawne wrecks his car, murders his wife in front of him, sucks the life out of him slowly, then masquerades as him... the accident at STAR Labs is solely blamed on him (even though he was long dead before that), and then for an encore, the FAKE Harrison Wells leaves a confession about killing Barry's mom.

So this poor bastard that didn't do a single thing wrong in his life, his legacy becomes all of that stuff. Yeesh.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:07 PM   #1091
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Does anyone stop and think how horrible the original Harrison Wells was done? I mean the original guy. The one that Thawne took the place of.

Thawne wrecks his car, murders his wife in front of him, sucks the life out of him slowly, then masquerades as him... the accident at STAR Labs is solely blamed on him (even though he was long dead before that), and then for an encore, the FAKE Harrison Wells leaves a confession about killing Barry's mom.

So this poor bastard that didn't do a single thing wrong in his life, his legacy becomes all of that stuff. Yeesh.
Yeah, Thawne is sadistic. Earth-1 Wells got torn apart...
Old 01-20-2018, 05:53 PM   #1092
Vegita-San
Emperor

yep, that's the only thing I don't like about the whole wells thing.

We never got to know what Earth 1 harry was like at all. he got screwed.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #1093
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Boy, the Trial of Barry Allen didn't last too long, did it? It's too bad celebrity lawyers didn't get involved to craft a "narrative."

Quote:

Haha, it totally is a tragic story. I continuously wonder:
(a) with all the multiverse Wells walking around on Earth-1, how many people freak out, having that opinion of the Earth-1 Wells.
(b) how Star Labs continues to stay financially viable with only a handful of full-time people doing superhero projects in that huge complex.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #1094
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Boy, the Trial of Barry Allen didn't last too long, did it? It's too bad celebrity lawyers didn't get involved to craft a "narrative."

Haha, it totally is a tragic story. I continuously wonder:
(a) with all the multiverse Wells walking around on Earth-1, how many people freak out, having that opinion of the Earth-1 Wells.
(b) how Star Labs continues to stay financially viable with only a handful of full-time people doing superhero projects in that huge complex.
Was wondering that about the latter. Where are they getting their money? Barry inherits STAR Labs, fine, but they're not making commercial products that are turning a profit. They're not even technically in business anymore. And I'm sure when Barry accepted STAR Labs he also accepted its debt... which had to be considerable. After the particle acceleration incident it probably got hit with a ton of class action lawsuits.

Secondly, I'm in season 3. Are they ever going to bother to repair the outside of STAR Labs?
Old 01-20-2018, 07:34 PM   #1095
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Was wondering that about the latter. Where are they getting their money? Barry inherits STAR Labs, fine, but they're not making commercial products that are turning a profit. They're not even technically in business anymore. And I'm sure when Barry accepted STAR Labs he also accepted its debt... which had to be considerable. After the particle acceleration incident it probably got hit with a ton of class action lawsuits.

Secondly, I'm in season 3. Are they ever going to bother to repair the outside of STAR Labs?
Maybe they're funded by royalties of preexisting product or technology?
Old 02-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #1096
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

About halfway through season 3 of this, and halfway through season 5 of Arrow. Man these are getting formulaic... pretty much any new character you meet at the beginning of any new season of either will end up being said season's arch nemesis.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:20 AM   #1097
Vegita-San
Emperor

so, been catching up on flash backlog from october on.

This is EXACTLY the type of villain flash needed to revitalize the show. I just wish they didn't wait until they did THREE 'greatest speed foe ever' villains to do it.

where in the world did they find the son of jim carrey for elongated man? he reminds me of him so much it takes me out of the character.

The plastic Man trickster episode. did the writers just forget about the first two hostages? they got all but forgotten about.

I was warned about it, but can't BELIEVE they did a whole episode on feminism. take those refs out, and the episode would have been fun. 'I didn't like Dr.Who until he became a woman'....ugh. do they not see how stupid that sounds?

I also can't help but wonder if any of the writers are turtle fans. devoe's power stealing chair is EXACTLY like dreggs power stealing suit. right down to the claws.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 04-07-2018, 11:02 AM   #1098
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I don't remember specifically which episode it was (aired within the last month), but Cisco specifically made a Spider-man reference. Man, I don't even know what to think of that.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #1099
Vegita-San
Emperor

Either intentional or not, we got ALOT of TMNT references on Flash this season.

first, the 1st LITERAL mention of Master Splinter by dibney.

The Stealing of power chair = Dregg's power Stealing suit, complete with claws.

The Numbing Satellite, = Professor Cycloydes Satellite.

And, the end Battle with millions of devoe reminded me of the Fast Forward, Viral video game episode.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #1100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Tonights Episode was just a big SJW Feminism barf fest ugh keep that crap on Supergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
#feminism.
Quote:
They are strong women
Quote:
Episode 5 is the Feminism Strong women SJW episode
I have to assume you guys are talking about the bachelor party one. Oh man oh man, this was like beyond terrible. It had the potential to be so much fun, for both the ladies and the dudes... instead it's a 10 ton blunt force, "Masculinity = BAD, Feminism = GOOD" battering ram. I don't think a single dude in the whole episode is allowed to behave remotely like an actual dude, or at least not a neanderthal-like nincompoop. No dude gets out unscathed.

As soon as Sisco busted out the alcohol he made for Barry I was stoked... I thought they'd forgotten about that after season 1 (Sisco promised he'd work on a better version of what he gave him then, which only lasted a few seconds) -- we get Drunk Barry! But all excitement for how much fun that could be for a scene or two was quickly sucked away by the over-arching "Important Message" of the episode.

Quote:
People, I've been meaning to ask this: since when did Iris become a tech savvy person on team flash? Did she take a course or something? I'm just confused. She's not doing a great job at all, i think she should step down and let Harry take it from here. What do you guys think? She said herself she doesn't know how long she can do it.
And did she quit the... news place she was working for, or something? I don't remember that happening. And why introduce Linda Park (Iris' boss at the news place) if Wally West isn't going to so much as go on a date with her? Isn't that his future wife?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-08-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Tags
flash, run barry run!