The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-17-2018, 10:16 PM   #1301
Leo656
The Franchise

Dude's batsh*t-crazy statement deserved an adequate response, nothing more.

I figure I may as well leave a review on my way out...
Spoiler:

-Fin.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:21 PM   #1302
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It's okay to miss us.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:30 PM   #1303
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm looking forward to Solo more than Ep. IX. I don't know, I have a feeling that even though it seems like it'll suck, it could impress me, while I can't think of anything IX could do to change my mind.
You know, in spite of TLJ doing its darnedest to make me not be excited or interested in IX (and keep in mind, I am of the "I liked TLJ... but man it has problems" camp)... it's a fascinating thing. JJ rightfully got so much sh** about TFA there is no way he is not aware of it... and now he gets the chance to redeem himself and justify this whole kind of empty, questionable trilogy. I am really interested in what he's going to do (and with JJ throwing his hat in for this, 2 out of the 3 sequel trilogy movies... he surely must know no matter what, he will either get all of the credit or all of the blame, depending on how it goes down). I can't even speculate what it will be.

Solo? It may be good or bad. Howard won't deliver a turd... but what it won't be is overly interesting or inspired. It will be a fill in the box next to a bunch of checkboxes from the OT and all seem very familiar. Kessel Run, Chewie rescue, Lando, winning the Falcon, probably him learning to say "I have a bad feeling about this" from Woody Harrelson or something, the origin of that chess board... we'll needlessly see all of that, I'm certain.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-18-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:52 PM   #1304
snake
Disgusting

The no girls allowed cut is probably better than the actual movie.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:23 PM   #1305
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It's okay to miss us.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:29 PM   #1306
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

It goes like this:

Empire
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
Clone Wars
Phantom Menace
Leonardo_thebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:35 PM   #1307
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Stick around, foo.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:39 PM   #1308
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Stick around, foo.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:42 PM   #1309
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You know, in spite of TLJ doing its darnedest to make me not be excited or interested in IX (and keep in mind, I am of the "I liked TLJ... but man it has problems" camp)... it's a fascinating thing. JJ rightfully got so much sh** about TFA there is no way he is not aware of it... and now he gets the chance to redeem himself and justify this whole kind of empty, questionable trilogy. I am really interested in what he's going to do (and with JJ throwing his hat in for this, 2 out of the 3 sequel trilogy movies... he surely must know no matter what, he will either get all of the credit or all of the blame, depending on how it goes down). I can't even speculate what it will be.
I guess we'll see. I've seen enough Abrams films that I'm not super optimistic. It doesn't help that this new trilogy was put together in the most slapdash manner. They decided to farm all three films out to three different directors, initially, and Abrams only came back in when Book of Henry seemed to make them think twice about Trevarrow, so the whole thing just felt kind of sloppy and put together just to get the three films out like an assembly line with no delays. It's never felt like this trilogy was going to have some consistent vision.

I'm hoping he puts something out that makes for an alright cap, but I'm not expecting amazing things. I think the worst case scenario is another Force Awakens thing where it's just nothing. Another negative possibility is another film like Star Trek Into Darkness, which got a little too cute and felt like it thought it was a bit more clever than it actually was.

There's also whatever happens with Solo to consider, too. If that film bombs in some way - critically or commercially (by the standards of Star Wars, of course) - Disney might want Episode IX to play it safe to try and win people back or encourage them to forget the most recent film.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:58 PM   #1310
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
There's also whatever happens with Solo to consider, too. If that film bombs in some way - critically or commercially (by the standards of Star Wars, of course) - Disney might want Episode IX to play it safe to try and win people back or encourage them to forget the most recent film.
There's two sides to it (though I don't foresee any side where "Solo" doesn't pull at least Rogue One numbers). Solo does great, look forward to IG-88: The Movie. It's received badly... maybe no more looking in the rearview, which wouldn't be the worst thing at all.

Neither of which, I think, will impact IX. Won't it basically begin principal photography by the time Solo comes out?

*Disclaimer: We know Kathleen Kennedy has no problem shooting the same movie twice, so... anything goes.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:19 AM   #1311
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
There's two sides to it (though I don't foresee any side where "Solo" doesn't pull at least Rogue One numbers).
That's why I mean comparatively for Star Wars. It'll make bank, but if it's bad, word of mouth will slow it. It's also a side film with a lot of publicly noted problems going in and bad early buzz has hobbled more than one movie. Also worth noting that it's coming out five months after the last in the franchise. People will have barely processed The Last Jedi before the next film comes along, marketing and all.

I don't think they're at the point where they could lose money on a Star Wars film yet, but I can forsee it making around, quite possibly less, than Rogue One. It has elements that are not in their favor at all.

Quote:
Solo does great, look forward to IG-88: The Movie. It's received badly... maybe no more looking in the rearview, which wouldn't be the worst thing at all.
I'd be fine with that. The latter, I mean. F*** IG-88.

Quote:
Neither of which, I think, will impact IX. Won't it basically begin principal photography by the time Solo comes out?
June. A month after Solo hits. That's assuming no delays. A lot can change in that time, especially if they're worried. Hell, last I heard, they're still hammering out what Episode IX is even going to be now, since they've had to alter what plans they did have. Hell, they could even throw money at reshoots if they feel it necessary.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:36 AM   #1312
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
That's why I mean comparatively for Star Wars. It'll make bank, but if it's bad, word of mouth will slow it. It's also a side film with a lot of publicly noted problems going in and bad early buzz has hobbled more than one movie. Also worth noting that it's coming out five months after the last in the franchise. People will have barely processed The Last Jedi before the next film comes along, marketing and all.

I don't think they're at the point where they could lose money on a Star Wars film yet, but I can forsee it making around, quite possibly less, than Rogue One. It has elements that are not in their favor at all.

I'd be fine with that. The latter, I mean. F*** IG-88.

June. A month after Solo hits. That's assuming no delays. A lot can change in that time, especially if they're worried. Hell, last I heard, they're still hammering out what Episode IX is even going to be now, since they've had to alter what plans they did have. Hell, they could even throw money at reshoots if they feel it necessary.
I dunno... everyone, especially Kathleen Kennedy, seem to really, really revere JJ. I seem to remember it was a bit of a begging game to even get him to do TFA... if I recall, it came down to a phone call from Spielberg (JJ's admitted and obvious idol) telling him to do it that moved the needle with JJ. I'm certain whatever negotiations that happened with JJ in the Speed Force when Trevorrow was shown the door gave him similar carte blanche as before... possibly more so, since TFA did better box office than any SW movie ever.

I feel like whatever deal JJ signed under duress for IX, it would be one that would be sure and insulate him from being the next Gareth Edwards or those two directors on Solo. 100%.

Not saying that great things will come of this, I'm just saying that we've never seen JJ with his back against the wall like this, with a ton to prove.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-18-2018 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:41 AM   #1313
Vegita-San
Emperor

I wish I knew where this was from. but the place I saw it in didn't post a link.
If true, it wouldn't be shocking. RT's protecting the interest of disney and not letting the film score fall below a certain extent.

we all know the critics are afraid of disney anyway.

>>>I believe I can show that the current audience score of 49% which RT displays for the Last Jedi is false. I can only speculate as to why they are lying but they clearly are. I did a statistical analysis of all of the audience reviews I was allowed to view. There are nearly 2000 pages of reviews and I was able to access 46 of them. This is a perfectly reasonable sample size which I believe represents an accurate reflection of the overall audience opinion. A five star rating system translated to a scale of 1 to 100 means that each star is worth 20 points. A half star is 10 points etc. Here are my results...

.5 stars - 339
1 star - 173
1.5 stars - 66
2 stars - 90
2.5 stars - 23
3 stars - 19
3.5 stars- 12
4 stars - 26
4.5 stars 25
5 stars 95

A sample size of 868 audience reviewers awarded a total of 23390 points for an average user score of 33.8594. Less than 34%.

I don't know why RT is lying to the public, but they are clearly preventing the audience score from falling below a certain level. If RT is protecting Disney's interests then this is a conflict of interest of the highest order and this site cannot be trusted. Again, the true audience score for this film is well, WELL below 40. >>>
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:22 AM   #1314
plastroncafe

It's about ethics in film criticism journalism.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #1315
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I know it went through massive reshoots but I'm still shocked we have seen absolutely nothing official released from Disney for Solo and the movie comes out in 4 months. No images, no behind the scenes reel. Nothing. Not even the planted articles from Lucasfilm on EW doing damage control and trying to reassure fans that the movie will be great great and all the negative production problems are overblown like they did for Rogue One after all of those reshoots.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:21 AM   #1316
Vegita-San
Emperor

man..this one must really suck..

and it mostly stars men, so it's OK to say it sucks by everyone. YAY!
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #1317
plastroncafe

Okay, but only because you said so.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #1318
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
man..this one must really suck..

and it mostly stars men, so it's OK to say it sucks by everyone. YAY!
You are on this forum...but we do not grant you the rank of sh*tposter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #1319
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The Last Jedi was made for more sophisticated fans.
You like milking tits too?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:00 AM   #1320
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
You like milking tits too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
notmyskywalker, star wars, subvert expectations, the last sjw