The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #3721
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That's not cool. I'm dog-sitting today. So far, Toby's been good for me.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #3722
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
that's good. and weather's still sh*t here! freakin wind needs to go the 'f' away!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #3723
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

We're getting snow now. Mom's at Grandma's with Toby so he doesn't stay all alone by himself. He was a bit of a brat today when he got a piece of plastic and wouldn't give it up.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #3724
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
We're getting snow now. Mom's at Grandma's with Toby so he doesn't stay all alone by himself. He was a bit of a brat today when he got a piece of plastic and wouldn't give it up.
rofl! too funny!

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 03-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #3725
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, he gets possesive when it comes to paper or plastic. But all in all he's a pretty good dog.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #3726
Powder
Salami Origami

My parents have been on this love/hate thing since august & it's driving me f*cking batsh!t. One day they're divorcing, the next its all heartwarming crap, then they're spying on eachothers cpu's, then they're at a concert tearin' up full'a love. Dad asks me who I'd stay with one if one left this day, the next I'm told it would never happen, etc. I just wanna punch the f*ck out of someone's face. I moved to SC from NY three years ago next month and have not gained more than 3 acquaintances since I've been here, one of which I actually kinda hate. I have terrible social skills and the culture shock sucks ass. So as if that wasn't bad enough, my family, the one thing I DO have, is cracking. As a result I've been regressing more and more into my childhood stuff & as much as it brings me comfort, its kinda negative 'cause I'm already scared of reality/adulthood as it is. I'm really getting sick of the parent shtick though, mostly. My own problems are my own problems and I can deal with them on my own. Their problems are not the kind I can deal with. Not personally, nor with them (meaning I am no help to them at this time). I'm not looking for advice or anything, just wanna vent a little bit. Anyway, I guess that's why I've been kind of a dick on here lately. My bad for that.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #3727
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior

that sucks man , but you're lucky they stayed together long enough to raise you. My parents split when i was 3 or 4 and i lived with my mom and grandma for a while because my dad worked out of town. He would pick me up some weekends and i would be absolutely thrilled every single minute of time i spent with him. I used to pray they'd get back together so i wouldn't have to go back and forth , then as time went on he got a local job and i spent my entire childhood living out of a duffel bag. I'd live with my mom one week , dad the next , literally that was there custody plan. So every week i'd pack up and go back and forth. They've both re-married , and divorved since. multible times. Altogether i've had 3 stepdads , a step mom , 2 step sisters , 2 step cousins. ect.

I'm not going to pretend i know what you're going through , because if my parents had been together growing up , i can't imagine losing them now. but i kind of understand the whole love one minute hate the next because my mom and step dad were like that for months before they're divorce. They eventually got tired of the back and forth and gave it up.

i always hated marriage growing up and swore up and down i'd never get married.

Now i'm in a 2 , closing in on 3 year relationship and I think the reason all there marriages failed is because they always rushed in. not one of my parents dated someone for 6 months before getting married. it's crazy to me now when i look back.

So if you're parents have been together this long , there has to be something real there. I hope things work our for the best.

( TMNT Clothes , DVD's , Accesories , ect. )

Red Bubble ( My Tee Shirt Designs )
deadpoolRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #3728
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
My parents have been on this love/hate thing since august & it's driving me f*cking batsh!t. One day they're divorcing, the next its all heartwarming crap, then they're spying on eachothers cpu's, then they're at a concert tearin' up full'a love. Dad asks me who I'd stay with one if one left this day, the next I'm told it would never happen, etc. I just wanna punch the f*ck out of someone's face. I moved to SC from NY three years ago next month and have not gained more than 3 acquaintances since I've been here, one of which I actually kinda hate. I have terrible social skills and the culture shock sucks ass. So as if that wasn't bad enough, my family, the one thing I DO have, is cracking. As a result I've been regressing more and more into my childhood stuff & as much as it brings me comfort, its kinda negative 'cause I'm already scared of reality/adulthood as it is. I'm really getting sick of the parent shtick though, mostly. My own problems are my own problems and I can deal with them on my own. Their problems are not the kind I can deal with. Not personally, nor with them (meaning I am no help to them at this time). I'm not looking for advice or anything, just wanna vent a little bit. Anyway, I guess that's why I've been kind of a dick on here lately. My bad for that.
hey man no sweat. i hope all works out for u in the end. and regardless of what happens, hey maybe it was/is meant to be

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 03-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #3729
ToTheNines
[sic]

I need some relationship advice. I won't bore you with the whole story, so i apologize if some details are foggy. Here's the time line:

January 2010: My girlfriend of over a year abruptly breaks up with me. It's a rough break up, she asks for me back and I say we should wait a little bit before doing that, weeks of stupid drama ensue. She gives me the hot and cold routine all while dating other guys.

May 2010: She starts dating a friend of mine. Not a really close friend, but still B.S. She asks why I deleted her from facebook, acting like nothing is wrong, we fight, I tell her to never talk to me again.

Late summer 2010: After a summer of drinking and just being single, I get texts from her apologizing for how unfair the breakup was, and she admits that her friend put her up to it, but she states that she just wants to be friends since she's going away to college in a year. I tell her we couldn't work that out, but I tell her I forgive her and to enjoy her senior year. She seems content with that.

Last week: Out of no where, I get a friend request from her and she's also "liked" one of my status's since re-friending me. Now I know this kind of stuff isn't a big deal, but I just feel like she's trying to get my attention.

I have no idea if I should even talk to her, I've gotten so many mixed pieces of advice...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:39 AM   #3730
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior

If she's liking your stuff she's def. trying to get your attention.

Ultimately , it's up to you whether you want to be with her or not.

If after all the stuff you guys went through over a year go , you still added her as a friend and have texted, there might still be something there.

But if she left you in the first place because " her friends put her up to it " .. you need to ask yourself if you want to be with someone whose so easily influenced by other people & ask if you ever meant anything to her in the first place.

You've already added her and such , but if you don't want to be with her or be friends , the best thing to do is tell her , delete her , and eventually you'll think about her less and less.

If you do want to be friends or be with her , it sounds like it's progessing nicely.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #3731
ToTheNines
[sic]

Prett good advice man, I think I'll go ahead and contact her this weekend.

To adress a few things you said in particular:

I did mean a lot to her when we dated. I know that's a pompous thing to say, but she always talked about getting married and we had a couple of pregnacny scares which brought us really close together.

And the problem with being friends/getting back together is she's going to WV State (where you're from irconically) for college and I'm probably not leaving the Eastern Panhandle anytime soon.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #3732
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior

and where i'm going to school in fall. lol. weird. where are you from?

& yeah man contact her and just be honest with how you feel. Hopefully things work out for the best

Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #3733
ToTheNines
[sic]

Charles Town, WV lol, towards DC/Baltimore.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #3734
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior

wait so you live in charelston ? that's where i live.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #3735
ToTheNines
[sic]

Nah man, Charles Town. Very confusing, I know lol

It's in Jefferson County, like 6 hours away.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #3736
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior

lol aw okay , i got you.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #3737
ToTheNines
[sic]

Well I talked to her and it went great. She told me she misses me a lot and was glad that I messaged her. We're going out to eat sometime this week. Thanks for the advice lol
Old 03-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #3738
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Powder, I'm sorry to hear about your parents. It sounds like they may need counseling to deal with their issues. I hope it all works out. You'll be in my thoughts.

TTN, I'm glad everything's going great with you and that girl. Maybe she realizes that she messed up and really wants to start over. I wish you luck.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #3739
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Well I talked to her and it went great. She told me she misses me a lot and was glad that I messaged her. We're going out to eat sometime this week. Thanks for the advice lol
Good to hear man , no prob.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #3740
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Toby's being a brat today. I don't know what's gotten into him. I took him outside to do his business and he did. Then I took him back in and gave him his treat. A few minutes later, he goes to the door again even though I just took him out. But the good thing is that he did go for me. He has a big obsession with paper that I can't break.

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip