The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 07:57 PM   #21
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

It's not gay men.
There's a history of straight women preying on boys as well, but it's not as sensationalistic, for a multitude of reasons.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:01 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well that's probably because boys like it. It's a, "Mrs. Robinson" scenario from The Graduate.

I mean what 15-16 year old boy doesn't want to be seduced by an older female? Of course they're not going to complain.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:32 PM   #23
plastroncafe

The guy in the Graduate was an Adult.
15-16 year old kids aren't.

That's what makes it rape.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #24
THGhost
Puppet Master

Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner. That's two X-Men directors with sexual assault accusations. Here's hoping Matthew Vaughn doesn't end up with any.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
Old 11-02-2017, 10:21 PM   #25
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It's not gay men.
There's a history of straight women preying on boys as well, but it's not as sensationalistic, for a multitude of reasons.
I heard some rumors about a particular teacher at my high school from some of the more socially connected athlete types after we graduated and I saw them at university. It made me connect the dots as I actually can recall an incident I had where she leaned rather close to me and literally told me I smelled like strawberries (not a joke, this really happened). From what I gather, if the rumors I heard are to be believed, she mostly tended to groom the younger freshman and sophomore athletes.

When I was there, she was one of the most universally well-liked members of the faculty and she still works there, to my knowledge, despite the place experiencing a number of small scandals and a huge number of staff roster changes/retirements, including one male JROTC instructor who ran off and got married to a young female student he was sleeping with.

I think that different social factors affect female predators in comparison to males. The studies that I've read indicate that they tend to be more patient and are willing to do what they have to in order to fly under the radar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:02 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

Filthy criminal scum, roaming our fair streets. It's hard to believe these people work among minors/kids for so many years and don't get caught. Even worse the bigswigs at Hollywood who think they're among elite society and won't get caught.

They're scum. No, they're lower than scum. In fact they give scum a bad name. They deserve to be locked up and burn in the fiery pits of hell. Damn these disgusting and sickening individuals. Damn them all to hell.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:15 PM   #27
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Filthy criminal scum, roaming our fair streets. It's hard to believe these people work among minors/kids for so many years and don't get caught. Even worse the bigswigs at Hollywood who think they're among elite society and won't get caught.

They're scum. No, they're lower than scum. In fact they give scum a bad name. They deserve to be locked up and burn in the fiery pits of hell. Damn these disgusting and sickening individuals. Damn them all to hell.
So what Jones, you gonna take matters into your own hands?

In all seriousness, I actually agree with you.
These are horrible people who deserve to be severely punished for these kind of despicable acts.
My heart goes out to all those who suffered these kinds of things. I know all too well what it feels to suffer and be in distress and not be able to tell anyone about it, be it because of a sense of shame, trust issues, or whatever other reason. I hope they eventually muster the courage to talk about these things.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:44 AM   #28
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

What he [Bryan Singer] did was just disgusting.

I hope that his victims receive some well-deserved healing in a peaceful environment.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:39 AM   #29
Sumac
Banned

I've heard many rumors about Singer and always was surprised that none of them ever led to the court cases and the like.
Now, the roach is under the slipper, so to speak, and I hope, he won't have anywhere to run.

Personally, I really really hope that those "people" will receive as harsh punishment as possible and not a slap on the wrist.

As for why people do this? Power corrupts.
Our society is build on hierarchy and money. As soon as human have sufficiently high place and lots of money, they are starting to feel untouchable. It can make even good people into shitstains. Now if those people had some hidden dirty desires, it turns even worse. Since our society is still sadly patriarchal, men wrongdoings are more prominent, since they usually have the most power and money.
Such is a nature of human, sadly. At least, at this point of development.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Are we sure those other Bryan Singer accusations in the past are bogus now? Even the one that went to court and ended up with the accuser going to jail?

I mean... think about it. If I come out and say, "Plastroncafe grabbed my **** 15 years ago" and take her to court, but I can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt and she's got millions of dollars to throw at a legal team and I don't? I'm probably looking at a massive countersuit from her, defamation of character, all of that, and there's nothing I can do about it.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #31
plastroncafe

And because you are a dude, and I'm a chick, you'll be a laughingstock for complaining in the first place.

This is why people make such a big deal when gay dudes get caught doing this sort of thing.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Seems like a lot of big names in Hollywood are getting accused of sexual harassment, assault, etc.

Tbh the show business has always been very shady, so it's not that surprising. People are just disappointed that popular guys such as Dustin Hoffman, Bill Cosby, etc. turned out to be that sort of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
And because you are a dude, and I'm a chick, you'll be a laughingstock for complaining in the first place.

This is why people make such a big deal when gay dudes get caught doing this sort of thing.
Around 9th grade or so, a couple of girls in my school yelled at me "YOU'RE SUCH A HUNK!" out of the blue. I didn't know those girls at all and I assume they were just teasing me out of boredom or something. It didn't affect me because, well in a fist fight, I'm pretty confident I'd beat them easily.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

Around 9th grade or so, a couple of girls in my school yelled at me "YOU'RE SUCH A HUNK!" out of the blue. I didn't know those girls at all and I assume they were just teasing me out of boredom or something. It didn't affect me because, well in a fist fight, I'm pretty confident I'd beat them easily.
LOL...what? Sounds like they were coming onto you.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #34
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL...what? Sounds like they were coming onto you.
Doubt they were tbh. I mean, I dont' want to sound like I lack confidence or anything, but in 9th grade I was a HUGE dork. Not the type of guy your average teenage girl would go for at all. I was the guy who spent recess playing Magic the Gathering and talking about wrestling instead of playing soccer and basketball like the cool guys did.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. It's a fun story to remember
Old 11-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
. I was the guy who spent recess playing Magic the Gathering and talking about wrestling instead of playing soccer and basketball like the cool guys did.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:51 AM   #36
Prowler
Emperor

Andrew, you win the Drome award for the day. Stone Cold gifs are always welcome!
Old 11-03-2017, 03:46 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Andrew, you win the Drome award for the day. Stone Cold gifs are always welcome!
Hell yeah!

Old 11-05-2017, 04:52 PM   #38
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I think everybody in the building wanted Stone Cold to stun Hogan rather than share a beer during that segment. "Silverdome". F***, Hogan. Trust me, we were chanting "Su-per-dome" even louder than the broadcast show made it seem. Hell, Hogan can't even chug the beer. Rock and Austin go all in and Hulk just kind of sips like he's afraid to get his shirt wet.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:20 AM   #39
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Charlie Sheen was accused of sexually assaulting Corey Haim.

https://m.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00115298.html

Oh my...

Just ... why? Why do human beings keep doing this?

It's inhumane.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:29 AM   #40
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Just ... why? Why do human beings keep doing this?

It's inhumane.
On contrary - it is very human thing to do, sadly.
Closed Thread