The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #781
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Honestly, though, I could see how TMNT could tie into some of the greater storylines of Marvel if someone did muscle up the ability to make a crossover happen (would make more sense than Batman, anyway...)

Would make some of the space arcs work better too.

Sure, the Utroms are trying to escape from the Triceratons while they're at war with the D'Hoonibs/"Human" Federation...but who are THEY trying to escape from as they fight?

...Thanos. Of course it's Thanos.

Everyone is scared of Thanos and they're all completely shocked that General Krang got away from picking a fight with him alive.

And thinking further...
Maybe they have an Infinity Stone in this particular universe? Maybe the Soul Stone (Space Stone would make it too easy for them to leave Earth), and that was what made it possible for the Ooze to mutate the lifeforms of Earth? And they're trying to get off Earth after the crash before Thanos can catch them and take the stone? Then by the time they leave, Thanos arrives with them already gone (and then just takes the Mind Stone from Doctor Strange while he's at it). Or maybe they have a different kind of Infinity Stone (like the Ego and Continuity Stones).
Would TCRI be an aid to Stark Enterprises? The tech would line up pretty effectively, and maybe there are some TCRI guys working in Wakanda to see how Vibranium works.

It would be a mess, but hey...it's Marvel.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 03-28-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #782
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Would it be weird and off putting if the Turtles had five fingers on each hand? Look like ours, just green? I feel like it really would be. lol

Even though they originate from a species that has five digits like us, so really it should be that way. But I guess mutation isn't a perfected art and has some funny results. But I like their chunky three fingered hands, it suits them. Skinny fingered five digit Turtles would look strange.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:24 PM   #783
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I kind of wish these were actual toys and not just believably toy-like CGI models, they're kinda cute! Someone needs to make them happen. (But that is some pretty good skills there making them feel like you could just pick them right up.)

Spoiler:
Quote:
TMNT Infinity: 3D Illustrations by David González

Spanish 3D artist and motion designer David González created these fantastic renders of classic-looking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in Disney’s Infinity style.

[Damn, images didn't stick... See link.]

David González, are you here somewhere...? I want these.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-03-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:18 AM   #784
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Jason Biggs's and Jenny Mollen's son, Sid, had his skull fractured during the weekend.

I can't even imagine what they're currently going through. I hope that their son makes a full recovery.

My thoughts and condolences are with them at this time.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #785
miru
Mad Scientist

I wonder how the pressure points of mutants work, as opposed to normal human ones? Also, do Utroms have pressure points?
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:14 PM   #786
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I kind of wish these were actual toys and not just believably toy-like CGI models, they're kinda cute! Someone needs to make them happen. (But that is some pretty good skills there making them feel like you could just pick them right up.)

Spoiler:

https://www.designnews.co.kr/data/fi...2617007928.jpghttps://www.designnews.co.kr/data/fi...2616990745.jpg

[Damn, images didn't stick... See link.]

David González, are you here somewhere...? I want these.

Those are SWEET! Yes, we really need these, if not as toys, then statuettes or even as tree ornaments, at least.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:36 AM   #787
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

From Amazon...

Totally reasonable.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:18 AM   #788
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
From Amazon...

https://i.imgur.com/4SLG4jn.jpg

Totally reasonable.
This reminds me of when I saw Amazon list a Power Rangers colouring book for £1500. That is one expensive colouring book!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:21 PM   #789
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It just occurred to me that IF that next film manages to have decent figures I want, I just realized that thanks to my job and the fact that Walmart is one of the stores I hit each week, I TOTALLY have access to the stockroom and people back there who I could ask if anything has shown up and maybe get stuff early if there is otherwise a release date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
This reminds me of when I saw Amazon list a Power Rangers colouring book for £1500. That is one expensive colouring book!
Wow, makes me wonder how some people even come up with that. Does it not cost to list it? So why waste the money when that will never sell.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #790
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
It just occurred to me that IF that next film manages to have decent figures I want, I just realized that thanks to my job and the fact that Walmart is one of the stores I hit each week, I TOTALLY have access to the stockroom and people back there who I could ask if anything has shown up and maybe get stuff early if there is otherwise a release date.
Good luck!

Quote:
Wow, makes me wonder how some people even come up with that. Does it not cost to list it? So why waste the money when that will never sell.
I tried to find the listing but it seems they took it down, probably due to people like me questioning the price. I'm almost certain Amazon screwed up and automatically added a couple of zeros to the end of seller prizes for the book. I don't think there was anything special about the book from what I remember, it's more a system error. Like I said, it got taken down after I questioned it but I should be careful in the future in case I get caught out with stuff like this. No one should be paying a couple of thousand for a colouring book unless it's made of gold.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:23 AM   #791
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

One of the things that I find funny about ROTMNT Splinter is just his different take on what he does when the turtles leave the sewer.

The others just meditate...do zen stuff.
And then there's ROTMNT Splinter as soon as they're gone:
Old 06-04-2019, 05:13 PM   #792
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ran across this really cute FW TMNT Adventures comic cover rug on Overstock. That would be so cute in a room devoted to a TMNT collection, wish I had a spare room for it.

Spoiler:
Old 06-17-2019, 12:29 PM   #793
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Ran across this really cute FW TMNT Adventures comic cover rug on Overstock. That would be so cute in a room devoted to a TMNT collection, wish I had a spare room for it.
Oh that artwork has been used on a lot of merchandise. I wonder you could probably do a Google search for it to find a higher quality version. That way you wouldn't have to buy the comic just for the cover.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #794
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just realized...did the 2003 show ever explain why the Utrom needed to be disinfected after being in contact with humans?

Especially after any concerns they have about contact with them is nullified with Ch'rell being in contact absolutely everything; even being hand-carried by Karai once or twice without much of a problem?
Old 06-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #795
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I just realized...did the 2003 show ever explain why the Utrom needed to be disinfected after being in contact with humans?

Especially after any concerns they have about contact with them is nullified with Ch'rell being in contact absolutely everything; even being hand-carried by Karai once or twice without much of a problem?
I'm guessing Karai is just really keen on washing her hands.

... And now I'm thinking about Karai with OCD.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:00 PM   #796
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm thinking it might be the TCRI Utroms that have the germ problems. But you'd think they'd be able to put it together that Ch'rell (who they know to be Shredder and Oroku Saki) is fine after being in constant contact with humans, so I don't know why they make such a big fuss.

If it was an excuse for a reveal to get them out of the suits, it's a few too many steps ahead. The suits being uncomfortable and needing to get out of them for a breather is enough of one.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #797
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Did I miss something somewhere? Out of curiosity though, now I kind of want a TMNT novel by her.

And of course it's one of those listings with no image, so who knows which among the countless TMNT books it is even supposed to be. It would almost be exciting to order and see what you get. lol
Old 06-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #798
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

No one:
JK Rowling: Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki had a tumultuous love affair
Old 06-23-2019, 04:10 PM   #799
neatoman
Emperor

"Baxter Stockman was totally gay you guys. He has never been shown in a relationship with a woman, you can't disprove it!"
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #800
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
No one:
JK Rowling: Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki had a tumultuous love affair
lol Oh god.

Spoiler:
I bet it already exists in fanfic.