The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-04-2017, 02:11 AM   #21
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Raven is only 13? WTF? Isn't that a little young?
That was about my reaction as well, but they might portray her as fourteen or so in the series (and Teagan herself might be that age by the time they film this thing). The only thing I can think of is that they might plan on this being a long runner with the characters aging over time, so they start young with a couple of them. But that's a guess on my part. I imagine Beast Boy will be of similar age; it seems like they always cast him as younger than most of the members, like when they used him in Young Justice for some odd reason. Anyone else is a toss-up. We don't know a ton about this so far.

I've never seen anything with her, so I have no clue if she's any good. I tried to IMDB her and she's only got two prior credits under her belt, so she's definitely new. But then, so were the kids in Stranger Things, so I don't know.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:54 AM   #22
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Raven is only 13? WTF? Isn't that a little young?
They're probably hoping that the show will live on long enough that the Titans can grow up throughout the series.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:26 PM   #23
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Starfire has been cast

she is played by Anna Diop
Old 08-23-2017, 06:33 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

I sure hope they make her skin orange then, because black Starfire is yet another pointless race change.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #25
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
I sure hope they make her skin orange then, because black Starfire is yet another pointless race change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #26
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
I have to agree Give me orange skin or cancel the show!

They should have just casted Ivanka Trump to play the role. She grew up in privilege and has orange skin
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #27
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Isn't the fact that it's a human playing an alien in itself a pointless race change?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #28
sdp
-

It's just pandering if she's not orange, maybe if they hadn't "promoted" Cyborg; a change that no one likes they wouldn't have to fill in their "black" quota. I'd totally love to see Cyborg here where he belongs. Horrible decisions. I hope she's orange.

How old is she anyway? She looks a bit old to be playing a teen titan, then again the comic star fire was never young looking but she seems to be pushing it, her boobs also seem small for Starfire who like Powergirl is kind of part of her character design.

13 year old Raven is an interesting but it could work.

I don't know how much hope I have for this show, titans is not something that works on a tv budget or live action

I just can't add another DC show to all the ones I'm already watching, jeeze, I never thought I'd say we have too many DC shows.

As far as the streaming service I can see it being something I subscribe to one month and binge everything that has happened once a year or so. Hell that seems to be the only way to go when everyone and their mother has a streaming service. Keep netflix and change between the others for original shows every month.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

If they don't make her skin orange and Beast Boy's skin green, then what's the point? Starfire isn't black, she's orange. It'd be like introducing a white Cyborg.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:57 PM   #30
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Because OF COURSE we're all going to freak out that a black woman was cast to play an alien princess.

Completely predictable.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:58 PM   #31
ToTheNines
[sic]

You're such a fuc*ing hillbilly sometimes.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:06 PM   #32
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

they will probably use cgi like for David Harewood's Martian Manhunter for the skin color of Starfire if not body paint

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 08-24-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:22 PM   #33
snake
Disgusting

I'm more mad at 13 year old Raven than Blackfire (hah).
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'm more mad at 13 year old Raven than Blackfire (hah).
It does seem odd, especially now that we see the age difference between Raven and Starfire (and presumably the rest of the cast).

They're probably trying to latch onto Eleven's marketability (Stranger Things).
Old 08-25-2017, 02:13 AM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think most comic fans would be really bothered if both Starfire and Beast Boy aren't correctly colored their runs on the show. Watch Beast Boy not be green either, and just be whatever skin color the actor they cast him as.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:51 AM   #36
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Beast Boy could also start out as red instead of green thanks to New 52

I think Starfire would look great with just her natural skin color with a rich purple costume, the fiery hair, maybe have make-up give her a golden glow to achieve a similar effect like Live-Action Heimdall. It'd make a more striking visuals compared to painting the actor in a alien orange and dull up the color mix.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 08-25-2017 at 02:57 AM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #37
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It's just pandering if she's not orange, maybe if they hadn't "promoted" Cyborg; a change that no one likes they wouldn't have to fill in their "black" quota. I'd totally love to see Cyborg here where he belongs. Horrible decisions. I hope she's orange.

How old is she anyway? She looks a bit old to be playing a teen titan, then again the comic star fire was never young looking but she seems to be pushing it, her boobs also seem small for Starfire who like Powergirl is kind of part of her character design.

13 year old Raven is an interesting but it could work.

I don't know how much hope I have for this show, titans is not something that works on a tv budget or live action

I just can't add another DC show to all the ones I'm already watching, jeeze, I never thought I'd say we have too many DC shows.

As far as the streaming service I can see it being something I subscribe to one month and binge everything that has happened once a year or so. Hell that seems to be the only way to go when everyone and their mother has a streaming service. Keep netflix and change between the others for original shows every month.
WTF.... wait so Cyborg is not going to be in the show????? WOW!!!! No wonder TNT scrapped the project

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Because OF COURSE we're all going to freak out that a black woman was cast to play an alien princess.

Completely predictable.
I don't think anyone has a problem with a black actress playing Star Fire. I think people are more concerned about taking an iconic character with an iconic look and drastically changing the character.

As I said before I hope they give us a classic star fire look. But hopefully they make the mini skirt at least a little longer than what it is in the comics
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:57 PM   #38
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Dick Grayson has been cast

http://deadline.com/2017/08/titans-b...in-1202159057/
Old 09-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #39
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/09...?sf112329969=1

Alan Ritchson (Raph from the PD movies) is playing Hawk

Minka Kelly is playing Dove
Old 10-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #40
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Ryan Potter has been casted as Beast Boy: http://tvline.com/2017/10/18/titans-...eaming-series/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubed is an idiot, cuck everlasting, cybercubedtheklansman, cybercubedtheracist, what the sjw, young cucktice