The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-16-2018, 11:36 PM   #21
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I've got a few..... but it's late and I need to go to bed.
Exactly my thoughts when I was about to comment on the stories here but was too tired.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:24 AM   #22
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I've got a few..... but it's late and I need to go to bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Exactly my thoughts when I was about to comment on the stories here but was too tired.
You guys could have just waited to post something when you're not so tired.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #23
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
You guys could have just waited to post something when you're not so tired.
I plan on doing that eventually

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:46 PM   #24
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Same here. I have so many though, there wasn't enough time to even scratch the surface. Like the pizza delivery order I took one time where the customer called back after the driver had returned from taking it out, to say we got it wrong. He ordered a half pepperoni half sausage, and GOT a half sausage half pepperoni. Let that sink in for a moment..... Got it? Okay, yeah, we couldn't stop laughing at the idiot either. I had to put him on hold just so he wouldn't hear me, the driver AND the manager all busting out laughing. The manager finally told the guy to turn it around, and the customer was amazed we fixed it so fast. He was totally baked, obviously.....

There are many more just as weird, funny, stupid or just plain nuts.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #25
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I've inherited the knack for running into random people wherever I am.

A few years ago I randomly met a woman from my home town in the polar bear exhibit at the San Diego Zoo. Apparently she's been a friend of the family for years.

This is extra funny given that earlier my travel companion had dared me to out-story our previous pilgrimage to the SDCC, where we met a Holocaust survivor in an LA CVS.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:42 AM   #26
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Crazy thing happened to me a few weeks ago when me and my mum were just casually walking around in the neighbourhood, when a giant white dog the size of a PANTHER comes bolting straight us, looking like it has a particularly strong lust today for human flesh and blood.

My mum utterly freezes, having a huge fear of dogs and hides behind me, leaving me to confront the barking beast as it is practically on the verge of pouncing. I'm a big guy and know how to fight, but this dog was atleast half my size, so even I was brainstorming all sorts of ideas as how to defend myself against this thing without getting fatally wounded. The dog leaps, and I get into fighting stance, before it all suddenly dies down when the owner of the dog comes running towards us, grabbing her dog by the collar and profusely apologizing. I was pumping with adrenaline, so it it took me a few good seconds to register the situation, but I eventually calm down after breathing really fast and being red all over.

Me and my Mum casually talk to the lady, relieved that she came just in time. However, what she tells us next shocks both of us to no end. The dog was apparently just a BABY! This kind of really got on my mum's nerves, seeing as how she feared/disliked dogs and I was just flabbergasted, thinking what it would've been like if the dog was fully grown instead and came charging for me without the owner's intervention.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:47 AM   #27
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I can think of some strange things that's happened to me while being here in Japan.

A few years ago, I was walking to work. I usually went to a nearby restaurant during my break for dinner. So anyway, I was walking back to work when this old Japanese guy just walked up to me. He said, "Thank you" in English and tried to give me a ¥1000 note. I was confused, but I refused, shaking my head and waving my hands. He kept insisting and I kept refusing. He then did something that he should've gotten smacked for, but it happened so fast I couldn't even react. He forced his hand down my shirt with the bill and copped a feel. He then grinned all creepy like, said, "THANK YOU" and took off. After I returned to work, I asked about that and if that was normal or what it could've meant. I was just told, "He's a pervert." ><

The other situation I had was my first year here and my Japanese was passable. I was in an area with a lot of shops. I was walking back to the station and from the area I was in to the station was at least a 30 minute walk. A Japanese guy approached me. An older guy. He wanted to talk. I wanted him to go away, but I was nice. He asked me if I had a boyfriend. Me like a dummy, said "no" without thinking. He then kept asking me questions and trying to get with me or whatever. I explained I was on my way to the station. He would not leave me alone and stuck with me. He was like a stalker. He kept asking where I live and all that stuff, where I was going, etc., and if I liked Japanese men. Don't recall what I said, but this guy was bugging me, so in order to get rid of him, I went to the Mos Burger which was close to the station. I told him I was hungry. He said, "Okay". I was like, "Ugh, really?" So I went in. He WAITED at the darn door. I pretended to look at the menu, but he just wouldn't leave. I finally started to order something and THEN he left! I took my meal to go, got on the train and headed home.

I have some more stories I can share, but I'll stop for now.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #28
Shark_Blade
Emperor

One time I was at a laundromat minding my own business when this lady came up to me and criticize my small laundry.

"What a waste! But men don't use much clothes anyway"

Wtf How she gon criticize the clothes I'm using??? Crazy ass.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:36 AM   #29
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I can think of some strange things that's happened to me while being here in Japan.

A few years ago, I was walking to work. I usually went to a nearby restaurant during my break for dinner. So anyway, I was walking back to work when this old Japanese guy just walked up to me. He said, "Thank you" in English and tried to give me a ¥1000 note. I was confused, but I refused, shaking my head and waving my hands. He kept insisting and I kept refusing. He then did something that he should've gotten smacked for, but it happened so fast I couldn't even react. He forced his hand down my shirt with the bill and copped a feel. He then grinned all creepy like, said, "THANK YOU" and took off. After I returned to work, I asked about that and if that was normal or what it could've meant. I was just told, "He's a pervert." ><

The other situation I had was my first year here and my Japanese was passable. I was in an area with a lot of shops. I was walking back to the station and from the area I was in to the station was at least a 30 minute walk. A Japanese guy approached me. An older guy. He wanted to talk. I wanted him to go away, but I was nice. He asked me if I had a boyfriend. Me like a dummy, said "no" without thinking. He then kept asking me questions and trying to get with me or whatever. I explained I was on my way to the station. He would not leave me alone and stuck with me. He was like a stalker. He kept asking where I live and all that stuff, where I was going, etc., and if I liked Japanese men. Don't recall what I said, but this guy was bugging me, so in order to get rid of him, I went to the Mos Burger which was close to the station. I told him I was hungry. He said, "Okay". I was like, "Ugh, really?" So I went in. He WAITED at the darn door. I pretended to look at the menu, but he just wouldn't leave. I finally started to order something and THEN he left! I took my meal to go, got on the train and headed home.

I have some more stories I can share, but I'll stop for now.
Definetly sounds like a Pervert in both instances. It still makes me think though, why did the first guy offer the money in the first place? He didn't know you at all, and wouldn't get anything out of the money, so it just seemed like it was an excuse to get away with what he did at the end without being convicted? Because if he got caught, he would just try to justify his groping by saying he was just trying to give money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
One time I was at a laundromat minding my own business when this lady came up to me and criticize my small laundry.

"What a waste! But men don't use much clothes anyway"

Wtf How she gon criticize the clothes I'm using??? Crazy ass.
That seems like the most superflous thing to criticize, especially when its a stranger lol.

Anyways, I have another crazy story to tell. This happened when was a really young kid (about 10 I think?) living in a third world country. I grew up in an average household despite seeing extreme poverty all around me but our middle class lifestyle still had a number of nuances that were common in those countries as electricity that would always go out and animal infestations.

Our house was infested by lizards that would stick to the walls and when threatened, would run at the freaking speed of light. They were everywhere, atleast 4-5 in a room at any single given time. My grandpa even felt one tickle his feet once when he wore his shoes where one was sleeping so we had to be wary at all times.

Eventually, I got used to them all around the house and even was kind of fascinated by them, but one day something happened which really shocked me. I was playing in the garden and then out of nowhere, this giant lizard just pops out of nowhere and begins to run all over the place! The thing had spikes all over its body (it was an Oriental Garden Lizard) and ran extra-ordinarily fast.

Of course, I had been used to lizards at this point, and I was determined to catch this thing because I'd been watching too much Pokemon. I chased it for a good 10 minutes before cornering the lizard and finally putting it in my hands as it was too tired to resist.

It was about half as long as my palm to my elbow, and would slightly change colour depending on where it was, from being green in plants, to being brownish, in dirt soil etc. It felt very rubbery and its claws were really sharp. I admired the thing for a few good few minutes before letting it go.

From that point onwards, I would always find that same bearded dragon hiding somewhere new in the front lawn, and I would always try to catch it again. However, I never succeeded after that first attempt as it always managed to dissappear into cracks or something to hide. The last time I saw it was when I chased it into the neighbours house and it dissappeared into a massive pile of logs that was completely out of my reach.

When I returned to visit my old house in my home country many, many years later, I had a nostalgia rush seeing my front lawn again, considering the huge gap in time which literally made the whole trip feel like time travel into the past. All the lizards on the wall were still there, but I couldn't help myself but look in every corner of the front lawnfor that Giant Lizard just for fun. It was nowhere to be found, but hey, reptiles live long right? One thing I did find however, was that my old primary school had adopted a desert monitor in their collection of animals so that was really cool, seeing as how I was an animal enthusiast.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 02-20-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #30
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

This is something that has been told to me, as I was too young to remember...

But when I was three years old, I was almost attacked by a groundhog and was saved by grandma's dog.

My parents had taken me to Ohio, and my grandparents lived out in Logan where the houses are set far apart and your likelihood of seeing an Amish buggy cart skyrockets.

Good ol' dad decided to take me to see the remains of his childhood home, which was over some hills and lots of walking.
So of course, on the way there, a groundhog spotted us.
And got pissed. And charged.

My father tells me that for the first time in his life, he had no idea what to do or how to protect me from this giant rodent that could literally scar me for life by biting a chunk out of my skin. He had to resort to shielding me.

When suddenly, from over the hills, my grandmother's dog Rusty, who had been walking with us, comes rushing over, grabs the groundhog, shakes it twice - which of course kills it instantly, and barks when he drops it.

I don't know if we made it to the old house, but thinking about my dad's logic, he probably would have taken me back to where we started.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #31
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Go, Rusty!

Makes me glad the ones we've had living under the shed over the years have never posed a problem and make themselves scarce if we go out into the backyard.

Although if they'll go after people, maybe that explains how the daughter of my mother's friend managed to pick one up (and subsequently got bitten and received rabies shots) as a young kid. (She had told her mom that there was a "puppy" outside... Her mother apparently, and stupidly, didn't care enough to go check it out. >.> So she went back out and tried to pick up a groundhog.)

Ssjup81, that is awful. Sorry you had to go through those things. I've had weird and/or old guys try to chat me up, esp at work, in ways that were pretty uncomfortable and ask rather intrusive questions, but nothing to that extent.

Some people are just so randomly weird or ignorant though, like Shark_Blade's laundry lady... Ugh. I'd once gotten into my car after coming out of a store, and I usually grab the hand sanitizer from my purse, esp in cold/flu season. I think it was late winter or early spring. I had the window open only a little (fortunately) and this old guy comes up saying something like "Are you cleaning your little handsies?" Wtf?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:06 PM   #32
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Ssjup81, that is awful. Sorry you had to go through those things. I've had weird and/or old guys try to chat me up, esp at work, in ways that were pretty uncomfortable and ask rather intrusive questions, but nothing to that extent.

Some people are just so randomly weird or ignorant though, like Shark_Blade's laundry lady... Ugh. I'd once gotten into my car after coming out of a store, and I usually grab the hand sanitizer from my purse, esp in cold/flu season. I think it was late winter or early spring. I had the window open only a little (fortunately) and this old guy comes up saying something like "Are you cleaning your little handsies?" Wtf?
Some people just have nothing better to do with their time. It's like that quote from Plato that goes "a wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something.".

I once had a lady say some random things to me in my building's laundry room, and I couldn't make sense of them. So I just decided to ignore her and act like she wasn't there. I went down there to take my clothes out of the washing machine and transfer them to a dryer. After I got done unloading, she tells me "you did a good job". When I was putting my clothes in the dryer, I was being very careful that she wouldn't see my "unmentionables". Then when I tried to start the dryer with my money card, she comes out of nowhere and tries to start it up with hers. She said she needed to empty it out. She was so insistent about it that I just let her do it. Then she said that she's just pissed off because her husband had to work that day. And as I was leaving, she said "don't tell anyone you made a new girlfriend. Most people who I've talked to about this said she was flirting with me. I don't mind when women flirt with me, but I just simply couldn't make any sense of her actions. I thought she might have been high or drunk, even though I smelled nothing on her.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've got one. When I was like 3 or 4 or 5, I found an unopened pop can in the bushes that had probably been there like 10 years, untouched. Me and a buddy cracked it open and I swear to god, a jet black eel creature came out of it, we dropped the can, and the eel thing tried to make a B line for us. We got the hell out of there and ran in the house.

When we went back out, guess what couldn't be found anywhere? The eel. It was gone.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #34
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I guess it might just be a horrific accidental experiment on what happens when you leave unopened soda outside for a decade...

That does sound absolutely terrifying though.

Five seems a more likely age, I don't think many three year olds could open a soda can on their own...even with the way the tabs were shaped back then.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:29 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I guess it might just be a horrific accidental experiment on what happens when you leave unopened soda outside for a decade...
That's the obvious thinking... though I haven't been able to find any accounts on the internet about similar things happening, ever.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #36
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, it's a pretty unique situation.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:18 PM   #37
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

To ssjup81 and Storm Eagle:

I am sorry that you both had to deal with harassment. No one should have to experience it.

Hopefully, everyone involved had gotten properly punished, or at least properly reprimanded.

------------------------------------------------

My Experience: Someone once told me that I was "gucci".

Last edited by Papenbrook; 02-22-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:39 AM   #38
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've got one. When I was like 3 or 4 or 5, I found an unopened pop can in the bushes that had probably been there like 10 years, untouched. Me and a buddy cracked it open and I swear to god, a jet black eel creature came out of it, we dropped the can, and the eel thing tried to make a B line for us. We got the hell out of there and ran in the house.

When we went back out, guess what couldn't be found anywhere? The eel. It was gone.
Was the can just your everyday 355 ml variant? Then I highly doubt it was an eel, unless you were sure it had eyes and a mouth. Maybe a giant black worm? or a snake if it somehow found a way to burrow inside the can and eels mostly only come on land if they need to travel between rivers/lakes.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:55 AM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Was the can just your everyday 355 ml variant? Then I highly doubt it was an eel, unless you were sure it had eyes and a mouth. Maybe a giant black worm? or a snake if it somehow found a way to burrow inside the can and eels mostly only come on land if they need to travel between rivers/lakes.
I'm not sure of anything. All I know is that thing burst out of the can (Yeah, your average pop can size but old, even then, in like 1985) and was very interested in us.

My buddy and I still shudder remembering that. And yes, as an adult I'm sure there's probably a reasonable explanation for what happened... but I've scoured the net for years and have yet to see one that would explain it away. I remember it was warm, too... it wasn't like it was just some half-frozen Coke oozing out.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-22-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:13 AM   #40
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm not sure of anything. All I know is that thing burst out of the can (Yeah, your average pop can size but old, even then, in like 1985) and was very interested in us.

My buddy and I still shudder remembering that. And yes, as an adult I'm sure there's probably a reasonable explanation for what happened... but I've scoured the net for years and have yet to see one that would explain it away. I remember it was warm, too... it wasn't like it was just some half-frozen Coke oozing out.
Couldn't sound any creepier XD.

Anyways, I got another story to share. Years ago, I used to walk my younger sister to school everyday to and from school. It wasn't a very long walk, but I used to walk my sister anyday just to make sure she was safe.

On the way back (after having dropped my sister off) there was was always this creepy man who used to walk the same route everyday. He was short, stocky and bald and dressed really odd in a way that would make you think he was from an asylum or something. His expressions were really odd to, mostly just having a blank, serious looking stare to looking at you with a slight grin. Me being a tall, big and muscular guy intimidated him which definetly caused me to take notice. However, I didn't think much of his odd mannerisms as something too out of the ordinary as he didn't know me, and those who do, know that I am a Gentle Giant.

I used to drop my sister off everyday, until fastforward a few years and my younger sister had considerably grown. It was decided that since she was much older, and the route from home to school was very short (and filled with lots of other kids) that there would be no harm in letting my little sister walk by herself for the short distance. Things went normal until one day, when I was free and had no work myself, I decided to drop my sister off just for fun. We head towards the school, and guess who we see on the way.

My sister told me the weird man would always look at her and other kids on the way, and even tried talking to her in a very creepy "I have candy for you" sort of way. Every alarm bell in my body went off as I held my youngest sister and we both crossed the young man and I looked at him. His look was different this time, like as if he was less than pleased or dare even I would say, had hate in his eyes. From then on, whenever I saw him, he would give me the same hateful look as if I'd taken something from him, and would even never allow me to walk a hundred metres behind him, thinking I would maybe stab him or something. I'll admit, I didn't like the guy at all but the way he responded me to felt so wrong, hating me as if I was threatening him outright while being overtly friendly with my sister.

Thankfully, the year I found out what that guy was upto was the last year my sister attended primary school, graduating with flying colours and getting enrolled in a middle school which was in a different location, necessitating other forms of transportation that don't require walking alone. Still however, when I occassionally walk in the direction of my sister's old Primary School during drop off and pick up hours, I still see that same man, walking in the same direction, making sure I was never behind him.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 02-22-2018 at 03:06 AM.