The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 02:01 AM   #921
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I like the design a lot actually. It's cute and playful. I even like the logo. It's all quite endearing imo. Under the right context.

4kids and Nick'12 were both serious representations (for the most part) so I have no problem with them going with a more lighthearted take with fantasy and such. It's always had fantasy elements.

Fake or not if the actual show is like TTGo I will be severely disappointed. Please. Just no pointless scenarios or stupid humor.

I don't see how it can be though since they're gonna have gems and new powers. That must have purpose.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:02 AM   #922
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
4kids and Nick'12 were both serious representations
Old 08-01-2017, 02:22 AM   #923
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Come on. You know what I mean.

I don't know what you personally want next but I don't really want another version re-telling the usual stuff. Whether you prefer 4kids or Nick both were well done.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:43 AM   #924
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
You can not believe me, it's your right. Unfortunately, now I can not say more.
I saw a sneak-peak. TMNT design is very similar to Bay-Turtles. The logo is similar to the one that is drawn here.
Sorry, but that's all I can say for now.
From the leak:
Quote:
The turtle designs are like Mirage meets the Michael Bay movies. Not my ideal versions to pull from but they look decent. They all look pretty similar except for Donny's goggles, Leo's got some armor, Raph has the du-rag like in the new movies, & Michelangelo's got some "cool" accessories.
Seems to me, your words pretty confirm the leak...

I mean the design might different from the one in that picture (as the first nick turtles concept were from the real ones), but story could be still the one from the leak.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:34 AM   #925
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

This might be the new show? Ehhhh, the designs sound a bit odd, don't know how I feel about that Donnie design, and that radical of an origin change? Ehhh, I don't know, it seems a bit too far from core turtles lore.

Now, that whole thing with the magic stones, and giving them mystical ninja powers? That could be a good basis for a series set after shredder's defeat, with the tmnt fighting mystical foes, and havign mystical allies would make a good series, but with a different art style and tone than what is proposed here.

We'll just have to wait and see if this is real, and what the finished product will look like.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #926
neatoman
Emperor

Considering how both alleged claims on the designs mentions the PD inspiration, it makes me wonder how long this show has been in development. Like, did it start when they still thought OotS would make money or after it failed to earn any money? If it's the latter, why use a critical and financial failure as inspiration?
Hahahaha!
Old 08-01-2017, 10:23 AM   #927
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Considering how both alleged claims on the designs mentions the PD inspiration, it makes me wonder how long this show has been in development. Like, did it start when they still thought OotS would make money or after it failed to earn any money? If it's the latter, why use a critical and financial failure as inspiration?
It's hard to believe they would throw good money after bad in recycling OotS stuff, even designs, so you might be onto something.

Kind of like the whole, "Well how come they greenlit a Ghostbusters video game with the female Ghostbusters if the female Ghostbusters movie wasn't a hit???" Because they'd already spent a bunch of money developing it for over a year by the time the movie was realized to be a failure, you moron! You know? It would cost them more not to see what they were doing through, and all.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #928
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's hard to believe they would throw good money after bad in recycling OotS stuff, even designs, so you might be onto something.

Kind of like the whole, "Well how come they greenlit a Ghostbusters video game with the female Ghostbusters if the female Ghostbusters movie wasn't a hit???" Because they'd already spent a bunch of money developing it for over a year by the time the movie was realized to be a failure, you moron! You know? It would cost them more not to see what they were doing through, and all.
You're betting Rise was in development alongside OotS then? Or did I misunderstand you?
Hahahaha!
Old 08-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #929
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Thanks!

Do not worry, all is well. I would not believe it either.
I really regret that now I can not say more.
Only one thing - TMNT have a different design. 100%.
What is your role in the TMNT world to always have the sneak peeks and previews of comics and now the new show? I'm very curious. Do you work for nickelodeon or are you like PixelDan?
Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #930
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Thanks!

Do not worry, all is well. I would not believe it either.
I really regret that now I can not say more.
Only one thing - TMNT have a different design. 100%.
If you don't mind me asking, are the designs you saw better or worse than the ones we all saw, in your opinion?
Old 08-01-2017, 11:05 AM   #931
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
You're betting Rise was in development alongside OotS then? Or did I misunderstand you?
I'm not betting that, but it's possible. It really is, however, the only reasonable explanation for why they'd want to recycle designs from OotS into other stuff after OotS torpedoed their whole movie franchise.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #932
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's what I don't get at all. I can believe they'd use chibi anime designs or something, but be similar to the Bay Turtles? Like...it makes no sense. The movies bombed. They know those designs were poorly received.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #933
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

They're in denial. They still believe they're right and those Bay designs are great and we're all wrong for not liking it. I guess they'll find out how wrong they are when the new show comes out and bombs but chances are, they still won't get it.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:14 PM   #934
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Even if Rise only lasts a season, I think I'll have fun with it. Years from now, it'll probably be thought of as a "period piece," kinda like how I think of that CGI Spider-man show as trying to capitalize on the first Sam Raimi movie's success before Spider-man 2 came along.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
Old 08-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #935
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
They're in denial. They still believe they're right and those Bay designs are great and we're all wrong for not liking it. I guess they'll find out how wrong they are when the new show comes out and bombs but chances are, they still won't get it.
http://collider.com/teenage-mutant-n...e-flop/#tmnt-2

"We were obviously surprised at the box office results. We loved the movie. We loved making the movie. From our first Super Bowl teaser to everything we launched, we felt so good about our material, and for some reason it did not find the audience that the first movie found. And we talk about it all the time, and we tried to figure it out, but we cannot put our finger on what happened. We really can’t. It’s just one of those things where we feel like we made a really great movie" "it just didn’t find an audience. We really don’t know why."
Old 08-01-2017, 12:24 PM   #936
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's what I don't get at all. I can believe they'd use chibi anime designs or something, but be similar to the Bay Turtles? Like...it makes no sense. The movies bombed. They know those designs were poorly received.
Sad thing is, there is some flipping adorable chibi 2014/16 Turtle fanart I'd much rather see used if they for some reason wanted a PD vibe, but younger.

I mean, if it was designed like this for example (if the artist is here and doesn't mind me using theirs as an example)...

...and it was written as the adventures of junior Turtles prior to those movies, that I might actually get into it because it could be cute as (s)hell.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #937
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
http://collider.com/teenage-mutant-n...e-flop/#tmnt-2

"We were obviously surprised at the box office results. We loved the movie. We loved making the movie. From our first Super Bowl teaser to everything we launched, we felt so good about our material, and for some reason it did not find the audience that the first movie found. And we talk about it all the time, and we tried to figure it out, but we cannot put our finger on what happened. We really can’t. It’s just one of those things where we feel like we made a really great movie" "it just didn’t find an audience. We really don’t know why."
So I'm right then. I imagine Viacom is just as clueless.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #938
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The movie bommed because i didnt fought the turtles. And a show without me will be a failure even worse than the 2016 movie.. Who will fight the turtles if not me and my foot ninajs? Only stupid aliens and purple dragons with mafia?! These vilians are nothing compared to me!!! IAM THE BEST. TURTLES CANT LIVE WITHOUT ME!
Old 08-01-2017, 02:47 PM   #939
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
The movie bommed because i didnt fought the turtles. And a show without me will be a failure even worse than the 2016 movie.. Who will fight the turtles if not me and my foot ninajs? Only stupid aliens and purple dragons with mafia?! These vilians are nothing compared to me!!! IAM THE BEST. TURTLES CANT LIVE WITHOUT ME!
You know if these rumors are true, Shredder won't even be in the 2018 series. By that logic you would have to kill off your persona or leave forums forever, right?
Old 08-01-2017, 02:47 PM   #940
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
It might be good thing if there is no Shredder in this cartoon because then this idiot won't bother us.

Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters