The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
General Tragg
Mouser

Is Krang Protected?

When looking at Krang's android body, it looks as thought the stomach compartment doesn't have any shielding, like a glass panel. Which makes me wonder when Krang takes on the Turtles. Surely it's unwise leaving yourself open like that?
General Tragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

No. You see him reaching out with his tentacles to push control panels or hand Shredder things. There is no glass there.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I believe there are times where it is shown to have some glass but most of the time it's clearly seen that there is no glass, which actually kind of bothers me, what an odd design choice.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist

^ maybe he has contact glass?
Old 07-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Logan
Hench Mutant

Power windows. That's my theory.

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
Icebot
Foot Elite

Maybe this is why he used his bubble walker at certain times instead of the android body. He even mentioned the plastic on the bubble walker is laser proof.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
Frozen_Cereal
Thug

The Krang + Power suit figurine I have has a glass covering over that area, but it's more so that the Krang toy inside doesn't fall out rather than for a canon reason. I never really understood why Krang leaves himself completely open like that.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Utrom exoskeletons have no glass or anything holding them in either.

I would venture to guess they are open for the sake of comfort, and also so they can see each other's faces.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

Do you know how much central air costs in an exo-suit? It is much easier to walk around with the window down.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #10
Zog the Equalizer
Stone Warrior

Maybe he's just over confident and thinks the Turtles can't get past his other defenses?
Old 07-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #11
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I think it has more to do with how the Utroms were originally designed. Krang was the OT's version of the squishy little guys after all. I mean if you think about it, it could get really claustrophobic if your sealed off.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Fifth Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Cereal View Post
The Krang + Power suit figurine I have has a glass covering over that area, but it's more so that the Krang toy inside doesn't fall out rather than for a canon reason. I never really understood why Krang leaves himself completely open like that.
Yeah, especially in the "Fifth Turtle" episode when the Technodrome is shaking.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Utrom exoskeletons have no glass or anything holding them in either.

I would venture to guess they are open for the sake of comfort, and also so they can see each other's faces.
Indeed, as even "Utrom wannabes" apparently aren't exempt from this. And to add what Old Hob said about the claustrophobia angle and the central air joke.

Actually, the matter didn't bother me, as, save for few occasions, Krang rarely went in the field or actively fought, so it didn't come off as a major liability, per se. (And if properly animated, like Shredder is Splintered, good luck getting close to him, anyway, with his active motion, molecular enlargement and swiss-army hands.) The closest that was shown would be with Karai in Forever, in a rather unpleasant scene.

The reason is probably for animation purposes, as it's hard to animate such a lively design fluidly and quickly if a glass panel is in the way. If he couldn't fight, he'd at least gesture a lot.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #14
Overlord

Glass

Maybe the glass can be activated and de-activated when he wants.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #15
pannoni1
Foot Elite

The episode in which Krang powers the Knucklehead also shows that when the Android body catches him at the end of the episode, it doesn't show any glass covering him, and when I first saw it I wondered why Krang wasn't protected since without him, the Android body would be useless and Shredder may have a hard time finding a replacement brain given the failure he had done.

This also applies to the Kraang aliens on the Nick series looking at the pictures so far. Though, remember one episode when Shredder covered Krang with a piece of metal? It got him all upset! And besides, when Krang was under attack in his Android body, he usually either grew in size or had a very powerful weapon or secret shield to escape. The episode "Shredder Triumphant" however proved how Krang isn't really fully protected in his Android body when it got sent back to Dimension X, where it was later found abandoned in the Technodrome.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #16
Overlord

Which episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
The episode in which Krang powers the Knucklehead
Which episode
Old 07-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #17
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Though, remember one episode when Shredder covered Krang with a piece of metal? It got him all upset! And besides, when Krang was under attack in his Android body, he usually either grew in size or had a very powerful weapon or secret shield to escape. The episode "Shredder Triumphant" however proved how Krang isn't really fully protected in his Android body when it got sent back to Dimension X, where it was later found abandoned in the Technodrome.
In case anyone is interested, the metal covering happened in the final scene in "Beneath These Streets" or the Season 3 premiere. (Yes, I also bought the DVD, recently, so it's fresh in my mind.) The irony wasn't lost on me, as I viewed the episode after posting and reading this discussion. And I was about to post on that, when you already did. Heh.

Actually, the android body wasn't sent back at Triumphant, as Krang still had it when the gang made their escape and post Don's Technodrome portal stunt. However, it wasn't seen until the final episode, three seasons later, and if anyone can properly explain what happened to the first body (assuming the one in Divide and Conquer is a spare), I'd send 'em 50 cents. (25 cents, if anyone explain how the bubble walker showed up, instead.)

Edit: Swedenfan, the Krang/Knucklehead thing was in Casey's first episode. I'm mostly sure about that.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #18
Overlord

Casey Jones, Outlaw Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
In case anyone is interested, the metal covering happened in the final scene in "Beneath These Streets" or the Season 3 premiere. (Yes, I also bought the DVD, recently, so it's fresh in my mind.) The irony wasn't lost on me, as I viewed the episode after posting and reading this discussion. And I was about to post on that, when you already did. Heh.

Actually, the android body wasn't sent back at Triumphant, as Krang still had it when the gang made their escape and post Don's Technodrome portal stunt. However, it wasn't seen until the final episode, three seasons later, and if anyone can properly explain what happened to the first body (assuming the one in Divide and Conquer is a spare), I'd send 'em 50 cents. (25 cents, if anyone explain how the bubble walker showed up, instead.)

Edit: Swedenfan, the Krang/Knucklehead thing was in Casey's first episode. I'm mostly sure about that.
You're right. Casey Jones, Outlaw Hero. Thanks.

Tags
fred wolf series