The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 10-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #201
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMJeff View Post
so I finished the game tonight, my total play time is just over 5 hours. Pretty short game but hey for 39.99 its fun and worth it for a TMNT fan.
Do you get to keep running around, collecting and such, or does it just end?
Old 10-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #202
CMJeff
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Do you get to keep running around, collecting and such, or does it just end?
you can keep collecting, it put me back to the save point right before the final shredder fight
CMJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #203
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

sucks that the 3ds version is coming on nov 11th... i hope they used that extra time to make the game as good as possible.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #204
super curry max
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
sucks that the 3ds version is coming on nov 11th... i hope they used that extra time to make the game as good as possible.
The games have been done for a while now. 2 extra weeks makes no difference.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #205
Longview01
Foot Soldier

Mine should be here tomorrow
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #206
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Waitwhat? It's in stores right now. I've seen it twice. Also that's not how video game production works.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #207
chrisdude
Foot Elite

The 3DS version is slated for November 11. But I've been checking when I'm at places, anyway.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #208
Ninjinister
無問題

S'weird. I don't presume any of the stores would leak it early.

Anyone else disliking or having a hard time getting used to the combo system? Every muscle in my thumbs defy 'attack attack hold attack press a direction'.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:19 AM   #209
grizzlyaddams
Foot Soldier

I remember seeing an interview with WayForward where he indirectly suggested that the 3DS version would have parity in terms of content with the console versions.

I since followed up and WayForward referred me to Activision as the publisher who stonewalled me.

I prefer the handheld version because I am more likely to play it, but I don't want a pared down experience. Does anyone have any insight?

My TMNT Toy Collection

[WTB] MOC Gatekeeper Rocksteady Please PM!
grizzlyaddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:53 AM   #210
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
The games have been done for a while now. 2 extra weeks makes no difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Waitwhat? It's in stores right now. I've seen it twice. Also that's not how video game production works.
3DS version has not been seen by me. I have seen the other versions. Also if you go on amazon.com, they have the ps3 and 360 version in stock but the 3ds versions till says it's releasing November 11th. gamestop.com says THE SAME THING.

And if it actually were coming out two weeks later than the other versions (but apparently not according to your sightings), yes it could very well be indicative of needing a longer production time either in manufacturing or development even by just a few days, how can you say 'that's not how it works' yes, it can work that way we see it happen several times a year with staggered release dates on games, especially smaller games.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:03 AM   #211
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Where can i boycot Way forward for not release it on pc? What all of us who dont have 360 ps3 and 3ds will do? Buying a old gen console is not worth it anymore evry gamer who want to buy a new enternaiment system will either buy a new gen console or a powerful gaming pc but no one will buy a old gen console. By release it only there they destroy the game sales and limit the audience that can play it.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:04 AM   #212
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyaddams View Post
I remember seeing an interview with WayForward where he indirectly suggested that the 3DS version would have parity in terms of content with the console versions.

I since followed up and WayForward referred me to Activision as the publisher who stonewalled me.

I prefer the handheld version because I am more likely to play it, but I don't want a pared down experience. Does anyone have any insight?
I tweeted WayForward. they said the cinemas and voiceover work is the same. That's all I asked about, as far as parity. I'm waiting for it, just so I can have three TMNT 3ds games...

https://twitter.com/wayforward/statu...52883187888128
Old 10-31-2014, 06:29 AM   #213
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

I just got the 3ds version last night and played some of it. The voiceovers and cinemas are the same, but the in game cut scenes and gameplay don't look as good as it does on the 360/PS3 and the music doesn't sound as good either. The big plus is having the map on the touchscreen and being able to switch turtles on there too.
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #214
Longview01
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Where can i boycot Way forward for not release it on pc? What all of us who dont have 360 ps3 and 3ds will do? Buying a old gen console is not worth it anymore evry gamer who want to buy a new enternaiment system will either buy a new gen console or a powerful gaming pc but no one will buy a old gen console. By release it only there they destroy the game sales and limit the audience that can play it.
The install base of those 3 consoles is far far greater than both Xbone and PS4 combined...also 3DS is current Gen handheld wise.
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:55 AM   #215
Leo_Prime
Random Punk

I played the PS3 version quite a bit yesterday and I'm loving it because it kind of reminds me of the older games from when I was a kid. I do find it odd how it's only a one player game. Almost every turtle game that came out in existence was 2 or 4 players.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:00 PM   #216
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggedup226 View Post
I just got the 3ds version last night and played some of it. The voiceovers and cinemas are the same, but the in game cut scenes and gameplay don't look as good as it does on the 360/PS3 and the music doesn't sound as good either. The big plus is having the map on the touchscreen and being able to switch turtles on there too.
Where'd you get it?
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:46 PM   #217
Powder
So tired of this place

Heads up, Target is going to be doing a buy two get one free deal on ALL video games between the 9th & 15th, so y'all should hold out for this. Assuming you've not got any, you could snag all 3 modern TMNT games in one fell swoop (which may very well be what I do, though I do need Super Mario 3D World, yet...).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #218
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

Wasn't considering getting this, but then I kept seeing it pop up everywhere...now I might. Hell, I might take Powder's advice and just buy all 3 in one go.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:04 PM   #219
Longview01
Foot Soldier

Been playing the PS3 version for the last 3 hours or so and to start with I didn't really like it, I found it difficult and kept getting hit but then all of a sudden the game just clicked with me and I was taking out enemy after enemy without getting hit and using all the new moves well when given them.

Gotta say, its the best Ninja Turtles game i've played since the PS2/Gc/Xbox 2k games
Old 10-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #220
grizzlyaddams
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggedup226 View Post
I wouldn't expect the graphics or sound to be the same. I'm wondering about the levels, layout, power ups, story, characters, etc.

My TMNT Toy Collection

[WTB] MOC Gatekeeper Rocksteady Please PM!
grizzlyaddams is offline   Reply With Quote