The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 05:30 PM   #41
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Can one of the mods close this thread? It's getting ridiculous.
The people of this thread will not stand for your oppression!
Old 12-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #42
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
The people of this thread will not stand for your oppression!
Wha-What oppression?! I just said that the thread needed to be closed.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #43
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
the people of this thread will not stand for your oppression!
freeeedommmm.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:18 AM   #44
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Wha-What oppression?! I just said that the thread needed to be closed.
Maybe not "oppression" but you do always try and police what people talk about and there are Staff for that. It's entirely possible to simply voice your displeasure with a conversation and move on - or stay out of it entirely if the topic makes you uncomfortable - without making everyone else stop talking entirely. It's not your place to do that.

I think I've said this elsewhere, but if the Mods want to close a thread they will. Otherwise, let people talk.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 12-13-2015, 06:55 AM   #45
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Maybe not "oppression" but you do always try and police what people talk about and there are Staff for that. It's entirely possible to simply voice your displeasure with a conversation and move on - or stay out of it entirely if the topic makes you uncomfortable - without making everyone else stop talking entirely. It's not your place to do that.

I think I've said this elsewhere, but if the Mods want to close a thread they will. Otherwise, let people talk.
The same could be said for you.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:56 AM   #46
Leo656
The Franchise

Don't start, kid.

I'm the one who says people here should be allowed to say whatever they want. You're the one who says nobody should be allowed to say anything "mean". I advocate total freedom while you champion censoring people. If I had my way, this place wouldn't even have Moderators, or at least they'd only be necessary for the most severe infractions, while you go on and on about "People shouldn't be allowed to say (____)! That's mean!"

We're nothing at all alike. So, no, the same CAN'T be said. At all.

Last edited by Leo656; 12-13-2015 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:39 AM   #47
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Extremely silly thread is silly. No point, nothing of notable instance, not an important issue to cover. If you want the slap, then play an older Street Fighter game, nothing too big to complain on the game.

Also, PK/Papenbrook, yes you've done this several times now. If you have such a problem with the topic:
Spoiler:
Then leave the topic.

If you can't stand the fighting or continuously find stupid flaws in Ninja Turtles, then stay off the Drome for a while. Sucking up to the mods to do something you want when in the minority is going to get you nowhere (as much as I don't want to say that). If it annoys you, just ignore it and move on, nobody's asking for you to post in every topic.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:47 AM   #48
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Fighting games have always been aimed at teenagers, ones mainly looking for violence and sex appeal. That's the whole reason Mortal Kombat exploded in popularity in the 90's, and why the Dead or Alive franchise gets volleyball spinoff's.

Soul Calibur does the same thing with Taki's skin tight outfit and Ivy's breasts are so large now you wonder how she can hold herself up.
As expected from someone like you.

The fact that they do this stuff doesn't mean that it should be that way. I am not against fanservice, but some times there is too much of it like in Soul Calibur IV.
As a reminder, such fanservice panders mostly to immature teenagers, which in turn can influence and lead to vitriol and pathetic hatred of any attempts to call for more respectful presentation of women in gaming.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:48 AM   #49
Powder
So tired of this place

Bry & I argued without slinging insults or getting hostile so I don't see the harm.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 12-13-2015, 08:00 AM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Bry & I argued without slinging insults or getting hostile so I don't see the harm.
For real though.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:19 AM   #51
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
As expected from someone like you.

The fact that they do this stuff doesn't mean that it should be that way. I am not against fanservice, but some times there is too much of it like in Soul Calibur IV.
As a reminder, such fanservice panders mostly to immature teenagers, which in turn can influence and lead to vitriol and pathetic hatred of any attempts to call for more respectful presentation of women in gaming.
It's stupid to single out specific over sexualized female characters in gaming and pretend as if all women in video games are portrayed that way. Any one or dozen characters isn't a statement about an entire gender, race, or species. Just because a women is portrayed as "sexy" doesn't mean she isn't a respectable female character. Plenty of unrealistically proportioned macho men exist in gaming yet it's not considered an issue nor do people call for more respectful presentation of men in gaming.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:41 AM   #52
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
It's stupid to single out specific over sexualized female characters in gaming and pretend as if all women in video games are portrayed that way. Any one or dozen characters isn't a statement about an entire gender, race, or species. Just because a women is portrayed as "sexy" doesn't mean she isn't a respectable female character. Plenty of unrealistically proportioned macho men exist in gaming yet it's not considered an issue nor do people call for more respectful presentation of men in gaming.
Yea, I don't see men up in arms whenever female manga authors draw every male in their shoujo/josei manga as androgeneous looking bishounens for the girls to drool over.

If you're gonna ask someone to draw a character of the opposite gender, you can't really blame them for taking into consideration what they find attractive in the opposite gender. I mean, video games, comics and such are meant to be escapism and they're fantasy worlds. It would be wrong for there not to be good looking chicks in such worlds, imo.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:52 AM   #53
Kingoji
Hench Mutant

If the Japanese release maintains the slap, then it's censorship. Dunno if it does, just putting it out there.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:52 AM   #54
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingoji View Post
If the Japanese release maintains the slap, then it's censorship. Dunno if it does, just putting it out there.
It's only censorship if someone else, like the government or some sort of legal authority, forces them to change their content. If it's Capcom's decision, like they've stated it is, then it's not censorship. You can call that self-censorship if you like, but that's not being imposed on them by a third party or an official, it's entirely their choice. It's their property and they have full right to do whatever they choose to with it.

The term "censorship" gets tossed around way too casually about issues like these. Even if online commentary/criticism played a role in Capcom's decision -- and note the keyword if, because the producer has stated that it didn't -- that's still not censorship. No matter how loud they are, critics have no actual power to censor anyone.

Beyond that, all this comes down to is one "side's" preferences over another's. Not a battle between "right and wrong" or "good guys and bad guys" or "free speech and censorship" -- just opinions, which are completely subjective and not worth freaking out over in this case, IMO.

Last edited by Bry; 12-13-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #55
Kingoji
Hench Mutant

Fair point. I would amend my statement to say "edited content", but that would have been too obvious to have stated in the first place.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #56
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingoji View Post
Fair point. I would amend my statement to say "edited content", but that would have been too obvious to have stated in the first place.
Cool. Didn't mean to assume that you didn't realize that, and it wasn't really a direct reply, necessarily -- just kind of a "launching off" point to talk about something I've seen a lot of.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #57
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Instead of looking up conspiracy theories, maybe it has something to do with the rating going from Mature to Teen thanks to the minor edits?

But, Nah. Dem feminists ruins mah game!
Old 12-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #58
Powder
So tired of this place

Imagine if you just kinda accepted the difference of opinion rather than making funny comments.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #59
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

No, sure I accept the absolute nonsense of blaming SJW, feminists and Anita Sarkeesian to have a finger in Capcom editing the camera angles to bump SFV from Mature rating to Teen rating.

In just being equally silly back, that's all.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #60
Powder
So tired of this place

Nonsense, silly, these are not words respectfully directed at one whose POV you don't share. Take some cues from Bry next time.

Literally all you've done is chime in with smart ass comments.

Closed Thread