The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 10:41 PM   #41
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Some probably are. There's at least a couple IDW and general higher ups masquerading as "regular" members around here.
The IDW higher-ups are on here under their own name and quite active for professionals. So no, no masquerading there. IDW employees are honorable.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #42
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

I sort of have to side with Cubed on this one. Ciro got all haughty and left... forever. I don't remember what you were saying exactly, Cubed, but there were and are a lot of legitimate concerns about the show. Apritello left a serious bad taste in the mouths of many of us, and there have been endless missed opportunities and weird characterization moments. Ciro couldn't take the criticism of the fans, but the IDW staff that post on the Technodrome have earned the Dromers' respect through their integrity and their attempts to please fans. Even when they get criticized they handle it way better. I do like some aspects of the show but many things have grated on me as well.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #43
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
I sort of have to side with Cubed on this one. Ciro got all haughty and left... forever. I don't remember what you were saying exactly, Cubed, but there were and are a lot of legitimate concerns about the show. Apritello left a serious bad taste in the mouths of many of us, and there have been endless missed opportunities and weird characterization moments. Ciro couldn't take the criticism of the fans, but the IDW staff that post on the Technodrome have earned the Dromers' respect through their integrity and their attempts to please fans. Even when they get criticized they handle it way better. I do like some aspects of the show but many things have grated on me as well.
He made about 10 posts in the first 2 pages for the discussion for "I think his name is Baxter Stockman" stating that the 4kids version was better.

So between Cubed's broken record act and the couple people who chimed in to agree, Ciro probably thought we were a bunch of babbling retards. I don't blame him.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:34 PM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
He made about 10 posts in the first 2 pages for the discussion for "I think his name is Baxter Stockman" stating that the 4kids version was better.

So between Cubed's broken record act and the couple people who chimed in to agree, Ciro probably thought we were a bunch of babbling retards. I don't blame him.
Yeah, he probably thought this forum was full of overly obsessed fans that would bitch and complain the hell out of every episode and every new idea introduced (which kinda did happen) and decided to leave before the negativity got to him.

Especially since none of us gave the IDW guys that much grief.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, he probably thought this forum was full of overly obsessed fans that would bitch and complain the hell out of every episode and every new idea introduced (which kinda did happen) and decided to leave before the negativity got to him.
You do realize all the people complaining about the Nick show week after week all started around late Season 2 to early Season 3, and this was long after Ciro was gone?

The Nick section over the last 2 years or so has been the worst its ever been, and Ciro would be far more offended or annoyed by seeing the stuff people post now more than ever. There are people who criticize both him and Brandon Auman constantly on these forums, saying all their episodes are terrible or filled with bad writing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:14 PM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
The IDW higher-ups are on here under their own name and quite active for professionals. So no, no masquerading there. IDW employees are honorable.
There's nothing wrong with running around with "the little people." I know of at least a few DC high-ups that have done that in the past, and gotten caught.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:53 AM   #47
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You do realize all the people complaining about the Nick show week after week all started around late Season 2 to early Season 3, and this was long after Ciro was gone?

The Nick section over the last 2 years or so has been the worst its ever been, and Ciro would be far more offended or annoyed by seeing the stuff people post now more than ever. There are people who criticize both him and Brandon Auman constantly on these forums, saying all their episodes are terrible or filled with bad writing.
There's been complainers since day one. I don't think it got really bad until the space arc though.

You keep pointing fingers, but I think this should be a good opportunity for you see how obnoxious it can be when you go overboard with repeating yourself. I know you like the show, and you did have a valid point, but you need to just make your point and move on sometimes.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote