The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-16-2006, 02:56 PM   #141
Lady Venus
Mad Scientist

Here in Fort Worth PR Mystic Force comes on at 5:30 Am on Saturdays on channel 8. When Mystic Force is done they'll put the new PR show on in Feb of 2007.

Sig made by: Joe
Lady Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:07 AM   #142
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Power Rangers Mystic Force, "Dark Wish," -- A Jetix Blockbuster -- will make its world television premiere MONDAY, JULY 10 (8:00-9:30 p.m., ET/PT) during Jetix. The Jetix Blockbuster spotlights the Mystic Force team as they are challenged by the evil Imperious who is granted a dark wish. Now, it's up to the five heroes to find a way to save the world from evil. A first ever live online chat with the Mystic Force Power Rangers will occur immediately prior to the telecast of "Dark Wish" (2:00 pm, PST/5:00 pm, EST) and select viewer questions will be answered both online and on air during Jetix.

-Jetix.

"Dark Wish" is essentially the third PR movie, even if it may likly be split up into three parts when they rerun MF
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:46 PM   #143
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The fifteenth season title has now been changed officially to Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive
Old 08-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #144
Brian
Foot Soldier

I'll admit it, I latched on to Power Rangers right when it came out. Kinda faded away after the original series was done. I think I may still have some of the old toys down in the basement...
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:27 PM   #145
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Ok Zarius, I gotta ask. I know this is the PR apprieciation thread, but I recently watched MMPR: The Movie. Re-watching this movie I loved as a kid, I was slightly disapointed by the replacement Rangers' (Rocky, Aiesha, and Adam) acting chops. What's your opinion, cause i know you have one...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #146
Draconic
Hench Mutant

I think I started watching when Tommy became the Green Ranger, and quit whenever Tommy left.

Tommy was the man.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #147
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Indeed, he, Amy Jo Johnson and David Yost were the best parts of MMPR: The Movie. Them, Alpha and the Villians.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #148
Kaneda
Foot Soldier

i definatly loved and still love the first power rangers movie turbo eh not so much.so i kno you all kno about power rangers operation overdrive but do any of you watch boukenger?i assume zarius does?

~Katana Courtesy of Sliced~
Kaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #149
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Ok Zarius, I gotta ask. I know this is the PR apprieciation thread, but I recently watched MMPR: The Movie. Re-watching this movie I loved as a kid, I was slightly disapointed by the replacement Rangers' (Rocky, Aiesha, and Adam) acting chops. What's your opinion, cause i know you have one...
I did'nt like it as much as I did the second movie, but then I was fine with Adam, Rocky, and Aisha when they replaced the original three, it would'nt have happend had it not been for pay disputes.

...PR cast's acting abilities range from great to medicore depending on the seasons, Time Force and SPD are regarded as the finest so far, though the MF team are just as good, if slightly overlooked

I've definatly watched a lot of Boukeranger, and it's insanely mecha-driven, I guess it's the theme of the season or a running joke to include so many mechas, but given Disney are cutting the budget on PR every season (no doubt thanks to Mr. Bruce "I love explosions" Kalish and his cronies), it'll be impossible to include most of those Zords.

They've already begun the Ten Terrors arc in Mystic Force, which in Magiranger, is close to the final episodes. MF is the shortest PR season ever so far with only thirty two episodes
Old 08-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #150
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Second movie? Was that Turbo: A Power Ranger Movie?

Old 08-08-2006, 09:25 PM   #151
Kaneda
Foot Soldier

yes thats the second movie jester.Ive only seen boukenger up to Task 6 so ill have to keep watching to see if its REALLY mech driven so far they have gotten two new ones pretty fast but im not complaining i really like it so far.

~Katana Courtesy of Sliced~
Kaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:15 PM   #152
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It turns out the reason no PR actors were available at Youmacon was because of Rangerboard's fans disrepsecting managment and causing disruptions, allegedly, PA's a member here so he could back it up, not sure if the guy he talked to is blowing smoke, but knowing the less than distingushed rep of any PR Fan, it's ludicrous to deny all of it.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #153
ZariusTwo
Overlord

http://tv.disney.go.com/jetix/operat...eo1/index.html

New trailer for 2007's season, Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive
Old 11-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #154
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It turns out the reason no PR actors were available at Youmacon was because of Rangerboard's fans disrepsecting managment and causing disruptions, allegedly, PA's a member here so he could back it up, not sure if the guy he talked to is blowing smoke, but knowing the less than distingushed rep of any PR Fan, it's ludicrous to deny all of it.
Guuuh, what about Youmacon? I was totally just there 2 weekends ago.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:32 PM   #155
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

It's odd, but my parents always disliked power rangers and supported Ninja Turtles. They said Turtles was more creative than power rangers and I agree with them now, but back then I couldn't see it.

Haven't watched the show since 1993 or 94.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 PM   #156
ZariusTwo
Overlord

...That's when it started oddly enough...

Still, as stated a million times in this thread alone, PR got darker.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:02 AM   #157
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist

Yeah maybe it was 95 I stopped. I remember Star Wars started back up again then so PR was done for me by then.
What was the schedule for Power Rangers back in '93 or '94? I remember it being on after school, and I think it was on foxkids, anyone know what aired before or after it? For some odd reason I clump Power Rangers with the Cosby Show...
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:28 AM   #158
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Time Force, the original series, and SPD OWN everything else...especially Time Force.

Why'd it have to end so sadly???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #159
ZariusTwo
Overlord

SPD is'nt remotley a good season, In Space and Lost Galaxy are far better, at least those seasons have continuity, drama, and pacing. SPD had, with the exception of the best cast in years, very bland fillers, inconsistent continuity, and explosions that killed the budget for Mystic Force. The fandom for the most part now despise it.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #160
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Hehe. I just watch the first episode of MMPR yesterday on Youtube.

Ah, the memories.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power rangers