The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #1021
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

long shot

chance we see the justice force in TMNT universe or any of the others? i enjoyed them in the 2003 series i think IDW could do something with them.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #1022
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No plans at this time, no. I personally never really felt like super heroes fit great into TMNT, but that's just my own feeling.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:17 PM   #1023
Powder
So tired of this place

I share that feeling myself. They're pretty much the only thing from Mirage I don't care for.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:50 PM   #1024
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

tough question but

What do you believe is the most comparable comic to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and why? Obviously don't have to answer if you don't want to.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:08 AM   #1025
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
New Animated Adventures Omnibus Vol. 1 appears not to include issue #0 from the Free Comic Book Day.
  • Is it the case?
  • Would it be because issue #1 is a reprint of this FCBD edition?

I am looking at this collection because they are a very convenient way to get my hands on the series without tracking every floppies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I'm afraid I don't know off hand. If I come across the answer I'll let you know!
Thanks anyway!

Anybody here owns these books and could answer my question?
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:04 AM   #1026
neatoman
Emperor

So is Amazing Adventures going to continue after the Batman TAS crossover or has that not been decided yet?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:47 AM   #1027
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
What do you believe is the most comparable comic to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and why? Obviously don't have to answer if you don't want to.
It's a good question. I don't know that I have one answer-- TMNT has parallels to a lot of other stuff... there's the outsider status of X-men (not to mention "mutants" in both). The family foursome of Fantastic Four, and obviously all of the nods to Daredevil.

A focused, small-team X-men book, like how it started, probably comes closest for me personally.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #1028
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So is Amazing Adventures going to continue after the Batman TAS crossover or has that not been decided yet?
Can't answer that directly at this time!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #1029
CyberCubed
Overlord

Speaking of the crossover, will the Turtles and Batman act like they're meeting each other for the first time again, or will they already know each other? Since this is the Nick Turtles and the animated Batman as opposed to the IDW Turtles and current DC Batman....they're different incarnations so they shouldn't be familiar with one another.

That being said I hope the intro stuff doesn't take more than 2 issues to get through again, because it would be retreading old ground.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #1030
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

New incarnations, so first meeting. But agreed, we don't want to spend a lot of time covering similar beats that were in the previous crossover. I think we're on the same page.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:45 PM   #1031
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

IDW Re-Mastered

Not so much a question, more of a proposal for something I think would sell fairly well.

Have you guys ever thought about doing re-releases of the first IDW issues (or key IDW issues) by some of the Mirage artists? I think Lawson, Talbot, Berger, Dooney, Farley, Lavigne, etc. could do some really cool stuff with it.

So what do you guys think? IDW TMNT Issue #1 Re-Mastered/Re-Mixed by Lawson and Talbot.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #1032
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Bobby, was John O'Neil deliberately patterned after Dr Benton Quest? Or is it coincidence?
Old 08-04-2016, 12:29 AM   #1033
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yet again, an Utrom-centered question. Because these are the things I think about instead of other things.

The Utrom Empire was explained to have stretched across their "entire" universe (a hard to swallow boast for Krang's part, I would at least assume half their galaxy). With that in mind, there must be several planets that have Utroms inhabiting them, and a few that would have had really good relationships with them. With that in mind, why is it that the ones on Burnow are the only ones left? With an Empire that was so vast and so expansive, surely there must have been some survivors on the planets where they did well enough with the native population that they'd be safe? And even then, there should be some living out their own kind of Mad Max situation either in Utrominon's ruins or on planets where they wouldn't be safe with the native population.
Earlier in the thread you considered that Krang's absentee mother "might be alive somewhere" in Dimension X, even with the statement that they were all dead. Which raises even more questions and pushes the possibility of Utrom Mad Max -- which sounds amazing.

And why wasn't Krang able to save a few children in the end? It's not like they'd be too busy working on recovering on Burnow to look after them as well - they'd be doing that at some point anyway down the line. From a generational standpoint, it would seal age gaps between them and the first Burnow line.

Finally, why didn't Ma'riell know who Professor Honeycutt was? It seemed like he had a huge enough reputation that Quanin wanted his service. Surely she could have heard of him while she was working with Krang on whatever he wanted with the Hamato family's genetic information. Atmosphere and genetics are two different things, granted, and they'd be working together for the first time on Burnow Island. It just seems improbably that she wouldn't at least have some idea of who he was. (Unless she does know who he is, and was just surprised that he was connected to the robot, but didn't ask follow-up questions)
Old 08-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #1034
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Not so much a question, more of a proposal for something I think would sell fairly well.

Have you guys ever thought about doing re-releases of the first IDW issues (or key IDW issues) by some of the Mirage artists? I think Lawson, Talbot, Berger, Dooney, Farley, Lavigne, etc. could do some really cool stuff with it.

So what do you guys think? IDW TMNT Issue #1 Re-Mastered/Re-Mixed by Lawson and Talbot.
I think it's a fun idea, but I have doubts that it would sell well. A bit too much of a niche within a niche. In the comic book world TMNT does well, but is not a blockbuster compared to some Marvel/DC title. So you take that segment, TMNT fans, and you divide it by the long time fans who follow the Mirage guys and know who they are. Then you take those fans and see who would be interested in seeing them re-do an IDW story (there's a portion of Mirage fans who aren't interested in IDW stuff). Overall I don't think that's a whole lot of people, comparatively.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #1035
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Bobby, was John O'Neil deliberately patterned after Dr Benton Quest? Or is it coincidence?
No, i don't think it was deliberate. Not something in the script, and I'd be surprised if it was intentional on Sophie's part.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #1036
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
No, i don't think it was deliberate. Not something in the script, and I'd be surprised if it was intentional on Sophie's part.
Looks just like him. I hear the voice actor from "Real Adventures of Jonny Quest" whenever I read him speaking, too.

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #1037
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yet again, an Utrom-centered question. Because these are the things I think about instead of other things.

The Utrom Empire was explained to have stretched across their "entire" universe (a hard to swallow boast for Krang's part, I would at least assume half their galaxy). With that in mind, there must be several planets that have Utroms inhabiting them, and a few that would have had really good relationships with them. With that in mind, why is it that the ones on Burnow are the only ones left? With an Empire that was so vast and so expansive, surely there must have been some survivors on the planets where they did well enough with the native population that they'd be safe? And even then, there should be some living out their own kind of Mad Max situation either in Utrominon's ruins or on planets where they wouldn't be safe with the native population.
Earlier in the thread you considered that Krang's absentee mother "might be alive somewhere" in Dimension X, even with the statement that they were all dead. Which raises even more questions and pushes the possibility of Utrom Mad Max -- which sounds amazing.

And why wasn't Krang able to save a few children in the end? It's not like they'd be too busy working on recovering on Burnow to look after them as well - they'd be doing that at some point anyway down the line. From a generational standpoint, it would seal age gaps between them and the first Burnow line.

Finally, why didn't Ma'riell know who Professor Honeycutt was? It seemed like he had a huge enough reputation that Quanin wanted his service. Surely she could have heard of him while she was working with Krang on whatever he wanted with the Hamato family's genetic information. Atmosphere and genetics are two different things, granted, and they'd be working together for the first time on Burnow Island. It just seems improbably that she wouldn't at least have some idea of who he was. (Unless she does know who he is, and was just surprised that he was connected to the robot, but didn't ask follow-up questions)
The true answer to these questions are that they are things that we haven't thought about as they don't have much to do with Turtles story we're telling. But they're all things we could explore later. Could be there just aren't that many Utroms to begin with, and thus why they mutated their own vassals. But sure, there could be some out there in other parts of Dimension X. But Krang got all the ones he could take, or at least the most that he felt he could support in a new world. Maybe Krang intended to broadcast to other Utroms in Dimension X once Earth once terraformed.

Could be that some of the Utroms he put in stasis are kids, we haven't seen all of them. Or maybe Krang just doesn't like kids! And that's all assuming that Utroms follow a life cycle akin to most Earth life.

I wouldn't think anyone would know who Honeycutt was except for people working directly with him. He was part of a secret project, and a Neutrino, so probably not of much interest to the average Utrom. And Ma'riell could have been doing some other job far away and never had any interaction. There's way to much we don't know to make any assumptions.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:40 PM   #1038
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Total coincidence! I've never seen Jonny Quest.

Quote:
I think it's a fun idea, but I have doubts that it would sell well. A bit too much of a niche within a niche. In the comic book world TMNT does well, but is not a blockbuster compared to some Marvel/DC title. So you take that segment, TMNT fans, and you divide it by the long time fans who follow the Mirage guys and know who they are. Then you take those fans and see who would be interested in seeing them re-do an IDW story (there's a portion of Mirage fans who aren't interested in IDW stuff). Overall I don't think that's a whole lot of people, comparatively.
Personally I'd be kind of insulted if this was done with one of my issues. Like the original artists' work wasn't good or "valid" enough so the real-deal Mirage people get brought in. I don't know, maybe I'm too sensitive but I would not be happy no matter how great the art was! I love Mirage but let IDW be IDW.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:59 PM   #1039
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Could be that some of the Utroms he put in stasis are kids, we haven't seen all of them. Or maybe Krang just doesn't like kids! And that's all assuming that Utroms follow a life cycle akin to most Earth life.
It seems like they do, given the panel from Utrom Empire in my signature. Not just the two small ones on the blanket with the adults, but there's several more silhouetted in the back. Mirage has also made it pretty clear that Utroms follow an Earth pattern life cycle (thank you, Professor Obligado), so I assumed the IDW ones do as well. Plus following logic from what we've seen of their social behavior and making comparisons on earth. Highly intelligent animals (usually mammals) that have close-knit social relationships usually have adults retaining bonds with their parents long after dependency is no longer required.

I've had a lot of thoughts about this, but I'm not quite sure where to put them...at all.

(And oh yeah, Krang probably wouldn't do well with kids whatsoever. But he'd have to put up with them at some point whether he liked it or not, if all went according to plan.)
Old 08-05-2016, 02:54 PM   #1040
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Hello again

Rather odd question but..

With the news of the TMNT WWE line from SDCC, and the turtles many crossovers as well as wwe crossing over with The Flintstones, Scooby Doo (twice) and 'Surfs Up' , is there any chance of a WWE/TMNT crossover?

And Follow up, What do you think a plot would be of it? Cause i've thought long and hard about it and i cannot come up with one for the life of me.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz