The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-15-2021, 01:47 AM   #61
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Awful news!
I know right. I was just getting acquainted with his character in Season 1...

Hope he beats the cancer.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:59 AM   #62
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Very sad news. I hope he survives it too.

I’ve only seen the first episode of the new series but it’d be great if they had a full reunion in general.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:58 AM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Never should have bothered without him.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:28 AM   #64
Vegita-San
Emperor

Sigh. I feel like screetch got a bad rap. truly was the nerd that no one liked and fell into disrepair because of it.

hope he wins this one.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:07 AM   #65
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Is "The New Class" still considered canon?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:02 AM   #66
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Is "The New Class" still considered canon?
The New Class would have to be considered canon before this show would be.

Oh, and speaking of the New Class, Lindsay Mckeon is hot:

ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:06 AM   #67
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Sigh. I feel like screetch got a bad rap. truly was the nerd that no one liked and fell into disrepair because of it.

hope he wins this one.
I mean he did it to himself and tried to screw over the rest of his cast-mates. I don't know if any is his fault per say, factoring in what growing up as a child star does to you.

That being said, I wish him no ill will. I hope he pulls through. I mean, he could always makes amends with his former co-stars.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 06:06 PM   #68
Icebot
Foot Elite

I’m actually a big fan of the New Class and I’ve seen every episode so here’s how there’s continuity (and not) for the 2020 series:

Spoiler:
The last episode of the New Class reveals Mr. Belding leaving Bayside and that explains why Mr. Belding is not the principal anymore, Mr. Toddman is the principal.

Mr. Dewey is still a teacher and he was also a teacher in a new class episode.

It is mentioned that Screech is an astronaut, and he gets experience at space camp during the new class. I’m guessing he left as administrative assistant not long after the new class ended to join the space program.

The Max is where continuity doesn’t work, the Max got burned down during the new class and was rebuilt as a different layout, the old layout is the one used for the 2020 series.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:14 PM   #70
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Remember the days when companies waited to see if the first season was actually GOOD before renewing a second one?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:37 PM   #71
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I am seeing on twitter, Dustin Diamond, 44, has died after a three-week fight with cancer

So sad, really is. R.I.P

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:40 PM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I am seeing on twitter, Dustin Diamond, 44, has died after a three-week fight with cancer

So sad, really is. R.I.P
Sad. And disgusting. On the producers of the titular show.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:46 PM   #73
Leo656
The Franchise

Not to speak ill of the dead, but merely to play Devil's Advocate... Dustin spent most of the last 20 years vividly illustrating through multiple ventures that he could be a gigantic pain in the ass to work with.

I'm sure his name came up in conversation for the new show at least once. But the guy was a gigantic "heat magnet". They probably passed on it for the sake of not wanting any drama in the "locker room". The guy hardly went anywhere without causing a ruckus, and they probably just didn't want the hassle.

I mean yeah, for the sake of nostalgia it would have been nice to see him included (not that it would have been able to lead to anything substantial, knowing what we know now). But his professional reputation was very poor and while I'm sure he wasn't like that 100% of the time or anything, it makes sense why the producers would shy away from using him. The upside versus the potential for conflict and headaches was minimal.

And as I've mentioned... sadly, even if they'd had him show up, it wouldn't have led to anything. Tough break he had to go out like that. Cancer sucks.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:20 AM   #74
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Not to speak ill of the dead, but merely to play Devil's Advocate... Dustin spent most of the last 20 years vividly illustrating through multiple ventures that he could be a gigantic pain in the ass to work with.

I'm sure his name came up in conversation for the new show at least once. But the guy was a gigantic "heat magnet". They probably passed on it for the sake of not wanting any drama in the "locker room". The guy hardly went anywhere without causing a ruckus, and they probably just didn't want the hassle.

I mean yeah, for the sake of nostalgia it would have been nice to see him included (not that it would have been able to lead to anything substantial, knowing what we know now). But his professional reputation was very poor and while I'm sure he wasn't like that 100% of the time or anything, it makes sense why the producers would shy away from using him. The upside versus the potential for conflict and headaches was minimal.

And as I've mentioned... sadly, even if they'd had him show up, it wouldn't have led to anything. Tough break he had to go out like that. Cancer sucks.
I was going to say something similar. Dustin ostracized himself a bit from the group, from the outside perspective. Whether it was justified or not, who knows, but I can understand the producers needing to make hard decisions when it comes to casting for the reboot. They may have lost more of the original crew, had they brought back Dustin. But, like Andrew said, he was a pivotal piece of the show, and in a way, it seems unfair.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:08 PM   #75
Icebot
Foot Elite

New trailer for season 2, premiers November 24.

Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote