The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old Today, 07:59 PM   #3421
Dask
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I know I'm revisiting this again, but based on what I said on the last page as well as the April O'Neil sculpt, NECA needs to release a head swap pack for the FW line.

But then again even that would piss us off because they'd be charging more for something that should have been done correctly in the first place.
NECA could definitely redeem themselves later in the line by releasing a deluxe April O' Neil with a toon accurate head sculpt and swappable mutation parts (similar to Vernon and Rat Vernon) for each of her animal mutations. However, I don't think it is particularly too high up in their priorities. I'm still confused why April O' Neil was green-lighted by execs. They also had over a year to fix the sculpt (it reminds me of that time that Super 7 downgraded Filmation She-Ra's face sculpt and dealt with considerable backlash).
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:11 PM   #3422
stcardinal
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
NECA could definitely redeem themselves later in the line by releasing a deluxe April O' Neil with a toon accurate head sculpt and swappable mutation parts (similar to Vernon and Rat Vernon) for each of her animal mutations. However, I don't think it is particularly too high up in their priorities. I'm still confused why April O' Neil was green-lighted by execs. They also had over a year to fix the sculpt (it reminds me of that time that Super 7 downgraded Filmation She-Ra's face sculpt and dealt with considerable backlash).
I almost feel that is what they will do. Because if NECA had just release a perfect April right off the bat, people would skip a Cat April not deeming it essential.
stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:12 PM   #3423
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I know I'm revisiting this again, but based on what I said on the last page as well as the April O'Neil sculpt, NECA needs to release a head swap pack for the FW line.

But then again even that would piss us off because they'd be charging more for something that should have been done correctly in the first place.
I mean, there's precedent. Mattel released a package of swappable heads for the "Masters of the Universe Classics" line ways back that more closely resembled the 2003 cartoon looks for certain characters like Buzz-Off and Sy-Klone, in case collectors wanted to display the figures with that look rather than the "classic" one. Since the figure bodies themselves were 99% identical whether the character was "80s style" or "2003 style", it didn't make sense to release a whole new figure just to get a second head, BUT it was a way to give people options if they wanted to display Buzz-Off with the more prominent antennae or Sy-Klone with his Samurai look, stuff like that, which was nice of them.

The variable of course being, Back Then it wasn't common practice yet to ship figures like this with multiple heads and all that, the way it is now. Nowadays, if any character had more than one "look", the default is absolutely to ship the base figure with swappable parts. So yeah, given that the NECA TMNT figures are coming out Now and not ten years ago, it makes sense that they should have just included swappable heads in-package as a default since even the Mattel WWE figures do that now. BUT, at least there's a historical precedent for simply shipping a box of alternate heads. So there's a chance they COULD do that. It would make more sense than just producing brand new figures over and over when the base figures are Just Fine and it's mostly the heads people take some issue with.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:34 PM   #3424
Germ
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
You’re welcome, Germ. Someone will post the #TurtleTuesday information here tomorrow. Unfortunately, it may not be related to reissues of April O’ Neil Versus the Bashed Foot Soldier and Casey Jones Versus the Slashed Foot Soldier. I say be ready for anything.

yeah I doubt it will be either but I guess it couldn't hurt to hold out one more day just in case.
Germ is online now   Reply With Quote