The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #301
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Dragonball Super's a little surprising, I guess, but Anime works differently. Revivals like that do happen in Japan. Full Metal Panic! has a new series coming continuing the story after a long time. Gundam started getting entries in the UC Calender again after a long time where the focus was on alternate continuities and the most it got were tiny net animations as extras. I think Inuyasha had a big comeback to wrap up. It seems a bit more common over there. But then, Inuyasha and FMP, among others, are continuing narratives that never finished their stories, so that's different from DB Super, I guess.
Thinking about new stories like Super and the new Sakurs Card Captor (and possible new Yu Yu Hakusho), I'm surprised Sailor Moon went for a manga reboot instead of an actual continuation to their story. I'm curious what adventures they face as adults.
v=ufYzGoquORs[/url]
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:26 AM   #302
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>

I've seen CN schedules where they played TTG almost all day, but seriously who's watching CN besides little kids and a few man children.

Most kids watch streaming and choose what they want when they want, only younger ones need to have a tv turned on for them and let someone be the "dj", and kids like repetition. No different from when you as a kid watched the same VHS over and over. Many adult channels are just constant re-runs, sure you still have people tuning for shows that premier first on TV but that will be ending soon as well.

I still remember being called crazy when I said streaming would take over TV 10+ years ago when google video launched (before youtube).

As for most people complaining they don't really watch CN or Nick, unless they have children and are forcing them to like the stuff they liked as kids and yet they constantly complain about how CN was better when they were kids even though they don't even watch cartoons or CN or Nick or anything anymore because they're adults. Yes, grandpa, your childhood was better than everyone elses.

TMNT Dinos @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #303
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know anyone who actually turns on the TV to watch Cartoon Network or any shows as they air anymore. Nowadays we just watch everything online whenever we want. It isn't 1992-2005 anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #304
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Trailer's out

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #305
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>

I'm in, can't be any worse than the Teen Titans:Trouble in Tokyo movie.

TMNT Dinos @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #306
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'm so happyyyyy.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #307
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm in, can't be any worse than the Teen Titans:Trouble in Tokyo movie.
Yeah, really. Not a high bar to clear, sure, but at least you gotta figure this couldn't be nearly that dull. Or pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I'm so happyyyyy.
Same. Hoping it's good. The show's been pretty consistent in quality. Especially this season. Can only think of a few I didn't care for in season four.

Quote:
I don't know anyone who actually turns on the TV to watch Cartoon Network or any shows as they air anymore. Nowadays we just watch everything online whenever we want. It isn't 1992-2005 anymore.
Yeah, pretty much. There aren't a lot of reasons to really watch the channel itself in this day and age. You can catch a lot of it through other means. Kids still tune in to the channel directly though, I'm sure.

Quote:
Am I reading that chart right? on Saturday/Sunday all CN plays is one show, Gumball for 48 hours straight?
From about six to eight, it seems. Remember, Adult Swim takes up the night, or it did last I paid any attention to the channel. Is Toonami still around? That might take up the weekend night slots too.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #308
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Loved the Aquaman joke at the end of the trailer.

Looks like Will Arnett is the voice of Deathstroke, not Batman this time.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 01-10-2018 at 03:20 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:10 AM   #309
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is the animation any better than the regular series? I don't watch it regularly so I don't know.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:23 PM   #310
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is the animation any better than the regular series? I don't watch it regularly so I don't know.
I haven't watched in a while but it definitely seems better quality.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tothecucks