The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How Do You Prefer to Read Mirage?
Black and White 23 82.14%
Colorized 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2020, 09:56 AM   #21
Shinigami
Thug

I don't think for me there is even an option. I can't stand those colorized versions. The original does something beautiful to my brain.
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:14 PM   #22
DK2
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
I don't think for me there is even an option. I can't stand those colorized versions. The original does something beautiful to my brain.
I think the best closest example of good colored Mirage stuff was from the First Comics TMNT colored graphics. They went with the nice water coloring look. Eastman I believe colored the first issue setting the example and I believe most of it was by Steve Lavigne afterwards. Those to me were the examples of how it should be done and the duotones were gone too. But IDW can't even do it right by coloring tears on an outfit and Shredders outfit wrong when it's on the original issues cover intact too within their own reprint books. Coloring over the duotones seems so generic to do so.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #23
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

Colored, hands down. I’m actually surprised to see the poll so skewed in favor of black and white. It is really difficult to appreciate all the details on a page and it makes it look too busy.

I am glad I found the colored version of the Mirage comics. Without it I’m not sure I would have been able to keep reading through it all.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:27 AM   #24
Sharman
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
Colored, hands down. I’m actually surprised to see the poll so skewed in favor of black and white. It is really difficult to appreciate all the details on a page and it makes it look too busy.

I am glad I found the colored version of the Mirage comics. Without it I’m not sure I would have been able to keep reading through it all.
Horses for courses, I guess. Yeah, some B&W can seem a little hard to read but the duo-shade work was always something special to me - and coloring it seemed to ruin the grit for me.
But, each to their own, indeed.
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote