The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #41
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Peter said the Shredder Wars thing was meant to be the future on his blog. Also the TMNT4Kids guy who post on this forum said the Shredder Wars likely would had happened if BTTS got another season.
Okay. The way I see it, all 3 of those Shredder's are in the same place at once because of a Time Window malfunction while they were trying to send Serling back to the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
this is pretty cool
Thanks pal.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #42
ChetTurtle
Foot Soldier

This is really quite good! Thank you all who contributed!

ChetTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #43
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Wow. This is very interesting. Kudos to those who compiled it and have shared it with us. It's awesome.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #44
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Wow. This is very interesting. Kudos to those who compiled it and have shared it with us. It's awesome.
Thank you, it was very fun to work on. I'm about to start another watch-through of the series sometime next week, hopefully I can pick up on a few new things.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 04-02-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #45
ToTheNines
[sic]

A few small additions.

I put in the events of "Time Travails" as 1406, and gave the founding year of the EPF a hard 1870 as clearly stated by Bishop in "Bishop's Gambit".

Also gave Hamato Yoshi the birthyear of 1953, based upon the notes of Lloyd Goldfine and Peter Laird stating he is 16 in 1969.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 04-02-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #46
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Cool. Thanks for sharing that, Nines.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #47
ToTheNines
[sic]

Small change, but after watching season 4, I feel like that season goes on long enough to pin point the TMNT's 18th birthday as taking place in early season 5.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #48
akp
Mouser

There are a few glitches in the time-line. Inconsistencies and of course paradoxes.

In the flash-back (fathers and sons) it is shown that Splinter is aware that the shredder is indeed an utrom. But in season 2 when they are in the memory pods he seems to act completely ignorant of the fact.

Then there is the small matter of the time spent by the turtles in all their time-travelling adventures.

Like in return of savanti, they spent three months in the past, but when they returned they returned to the exact same point they left. So did they age three months or not. It is a paradoxical question.

There are a few more. But these two come to mind.
akp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #49
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
In the flash-back (fathers and sons) it is shown that Splinter is aware that the shredder is indeed an utrom. But in season 2 when they are in the memory pods he seems to act completely ignorant of the fact.
Another reason why I hate season 5. Splinter seemed way too clued in on everything, when he should have been almost as lost as the turtles were.

My "no-prize" explanation is that after Splinter found out that Shredder was an Utrom, he contacted the Ancient One through the astral plane and got the whole story from him then.

I don't know why he wouldn't have shared all that information with his sons, but it's the only logical explanation.

Quote:
Like in return of savanti, they spent three months in the past, but when they returned they returned to the exact same point they left. So did they age three months or not. It is a paradoxical question.
Lol yeah, so the Turtles are actually a few months older than they are by Splinter's count.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #50
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

This isn't something I thought I would have cared about, but interesting, nonetheless. And I can respect the amount of work put into it. Good job, dawg.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #51
ToTheNines
[sic]

Thanks man, glad you liked it.

Does anybody know what year O'neilTech was founded? I just watched through Fast Forward not too long ago, but I didn't pick up on that.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #52
akp
Mouser

Another interesting fact is TMNT 2K3 seems to subscribe to a single linear time stream. Which creates it owns paradoxes. Don was very particular about not polluting the time stream. But the very fact that they made it to the future and gain some info, however miniscule it was did indeed pollute the time stream.

Also since it seems that they follow a single time stream as opposed to the many worlds theory, it would not matter what the turtles did or did not find out while they were in the future, as once they travelled back, all the events that will happen from then on will have incorporated all the things they do know. Single time streams have to be self consistent.

Then there was the episode timing is everything, where Mike and Raph from the very near future, tell their very recent past selves to go home and look for an envelope and ask their selves to do the same when they get to the future. This seems to create a causality problem. Which version originated the thought/knowledge the first. It appears to be cyclical reasoning. They only know about the envelope don mailed from the past from themselves. Which seems to create a contradiction.

Then there was Serling travelling back to the past to meet the turtles as kids. Although there do not seem to be any contradictions here. Another example of a linear time stream.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #53
akp
Mouser

One quick question while we are talking about timeline.

In the first episode of BTTS, the turtles encounter three shredders going at each other. Did that event actually come to pass or was it one of those cases where TMNT did subscribe to many worlds and alternative histories theory?

One other being when Don is transported to a bleak alternative future. Where, "there is no hope, there is only the shredder".
Old 04-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #54
akp
Mouser

But Splinter visited the Ancient one soon after Yoshi was killed, when the turtles were still children. It was then Splinter uses the phrase Utrom Shredder. This according to chronology happened before season 2. Though this incident was revealed in season 5.

Then splinter acted as if he was unawares about Utrom Shredder's true identity in season 2.

I guess the only logical explanation is that it was just a continuity error in the script. Whether it was there deliberately or not cannot be answered without input from the writers. Or maybe the writers just chose to say to hell with it and went ahead and wrote the script for season 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Another reason why I hate season 5. Splinter seemed way too clued in on everything, when he should have been almost as lost as the turtles were.

My "no-prize" explanation is that after Splinter found out that Shredder was an Utrom, he contacted the Ancient One through the astral plane and got the whole story from him then.

I don't know why he wouldn't have shared all that information with his sons, but it's the only logical explanation.

Lol yeah, so the Turtles are actually a few months older than they are by Splinter's count.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #55
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Then there was the episode timing is everything, where Mike and Raph from the very near future, tell their very recent past selves to go home and look for an envelope and ask their selves to do the same when they get to the future. This seems to create a causality problem. Which version originated the thought/knowledge the first. It appears to be cyclical reasoning. They only know about the envelope don mailed from the past from themselves. Which seems to create a contradiction.
It's just a constant loop. I love time-travel! lol

Quote:
In the first episode of BTTS, the turtles encounter three shredders going at each other. Did that event actually come to pass or was it one of those cases where TMNT did subscribe to many worlds and alternative histories theory?
Personally, I think it was an alternate future. But if it did actually happen, I bet it all started when they tried to send Serling back to the future. Something went wrong with the time-window and somehow those 3 Shredder's were all brought to the same time.

Quote:
One other being when Don is transported to a bleak alternative future. Where, "there is no hope, there is only the shredder".
Definitely an alternate future based upon Donatello disappearing in "late season 3" and not being there for the events of Exodus. I'm sure that mission would have gone to hell without old Don.

Quote:
But Splinter visited the Ancient one soon after Yoshi was killed, when the turtles were still children. It was then Splinter uses the phrase Utrom Shredder. This according to chronology happened before season 2. Though this incident was revealed in season 5.

Then splinter acted as if he was unawares about Utrom Shredder's true identity in season 2.
That's often the nature of the flashback episode though. I just chalk it up to the fact that that's how Splinter was differentiating the two Shredder's for the purpose of the story being told to the turtles.

Quote:
I guess the only logical explanation is that it was just a continuity error in the script. Whether it was there deliberately or not cannot be answered without input from the writers. Or maybe the writers just chose to say to hell with it and went ahead and wrote the script for season 5.
Yeah, that whole season was just a wreck. Which is a shame, because the writers did such an epic job leading up to it with the late season 4 sub-plots.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah Splinter mentioning the Utrom Shredder in the flashback was a plothole. Sadly the writers probably didn't realize they were writing something from the past when Splinter didn't know that Shredder's identity.

It can be shrugged off I suppose, just a continuity glitch.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #57
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Turtles Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Why do you say Ch're'll re-establishes the Foot Clan? Was there any proof the Foot existed before Ch'rell? Also according to the official site page for the episode "Timing Is Everything" it says the turtles were oozed in 1990 and "The Shredder Strikes" takes place in 2000. http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/...opses/133.html Also what what about the so called "Shredder Wars" that take place after Turtles Forever?
Is Turtles Forever really a part of the official storyline? Isn't it just a "what if the TMNt from both shows met"?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #58
Xav
Foot Elite

I'm pretty sure Turtles Forever was supposed to happen. I was originally was going to be a two-parter of BTTS.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
Is Turtles Forever really a part of the official storyline? Isn't it just a "what if the TMNt from both shows met"?
Of course not. When it aired on TV as 3-episodes, its official number destination was 158, 159, and 160.

And why the hell are people debating whether Turtles Forever was canon anyway? This is silly.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #60
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
Uh... Yeah. "What if the TMNT from both shows met not long after the events of Back to the Sewer."

Tags
4kids, timeline