The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #81
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
To quote Cube: "LOL, what?" He's not developed at all. To reiterate what I've said before, read this: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...0&postcount=13 (quoting would enlarge the discussion by a bit much otherwise)
Sorry I should have been more clear, I was talking about when he was human.

I do find that Baxter changing back to human form a big unexpected moment at the time of viewing.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

If Fishface/Tiger Claw don't appear again, it's pretty funny Baxter was the only one of Shredder's henchmen that got mutated. He basically got the best fate of them all.

Bebop/Rocksteady will probably stay mutants like always too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #83
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
he's been seen, what, barely ten times in the entire series? and a few of those he didn't even talk at all!
He was in 24 episodes

Think His Name Is Baxter Stockman
Mousers Attack
The Alien Agenda
The Pulverizer
Baxter's Gambit
Mikey Gets Shellacne
Wormquake
The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto
Vengeance is Mine
Return to New York
Serpent Hunt
The Pig and the Rhino
Casey Jones VS. the Underworld
The Noxious Avenger
Clash of the Mutanimals
Meet Mondo Gecko
The Deadly Venom
City at War
The Insecta Trifecta
The Super Shredder
Darkest Plight
Requiem
Owari

Last edited by Vicky82; 04-10-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord

Vegita-san proves time and time again he has no idea what even goes on in this series. I'm starting to believe he either doesn't actually watch the show at all, or when he does watch it he skims through the eps and barely pays attention to them.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #85
JTH
"ME"

Man, sucks that there's no more Tiger Claw, so with that, that's basically the end of the Foot arc for the show right?

4 seasons of build and it just kinda went out with a whisper, a shame really it couldn't have been ended on a bigger scale or have just had the Season 4 finale had been the dagger to the Foot and ended it there.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #86
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Man, sucks that there's no more Tiger Claw, so with that, that's basically the end of the Foot arc for the show right?

4 seasons of build and it just kinda went out with a whisper, a shame really it couldn't have been ended on a bigger scale or have just had the Season 4 finale had been the dagger to the Foot and ended it there.
This was a pretty big finale. The human Foot Clan still exist under the control of Karai, so we'll likely see them in the rest of Season 5. Karai will appear in a few more eps.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:17 PM   #87
Vegita-San
Emperor

uh oh.. a show insult and or criticism! Cue the childishness ;o)
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #88
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Check out my review of "End Times"!
https://youtu.be/OIMfJC3JckE

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:38 PM   #89
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
uh oh.. a show insult and or criticism! Cue the childishness ;o)
I imagine you as TeamFourStar Vegeta who loves the OT and 4Kids but takes every opportunity to slyly cuss this show out the Nick show as the worst thing that happened since the Next Mutation lol.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:41 PM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I imagine you as TeamFourStar Vegeta who loves the OT and 4Kids but takes every opportunity to slyly cuss this show out the Nick show as the worst thing that happened since the Next Mutation lol.
He's been doing this for at least 2 years too, since around the beginning of Season 3 I think. We're now in Season 5 and he sits here complaining in every Nick episode review thread and the news/info threads over and over.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:42 PM   #91
Vegita-San
Emperor

I didn't get the reference(oh, wait, 4 star dragonball? Why was i thinking pokemon or something?), but i think i understand the meaning behind the sentiment!

Thing is, I don't think it's the worse thing to happen since next mutation. I find that it's largely a missed opportunity for greatness because it's poorly run and too many hands are trying to decide what it should be.

only the people here who deem any insult or criticism to the show as a personal insult to them seem to think i'm on some kind of crusade ;o)..

The animation is excellent. most of the character designs are ok. The Voices are top notch. the Music is perfect.

but the plotting, writing, and development leaves ALOT to be desired. and most of it comes off as half assed. you can criticize a franchise you love and still want to be informed on what happens in it ;o)
Old 04-10-2017, 05:52 PM   #92
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Likewise Splinter departed into heaven, completely separate from all the ghouls being sent back down below to Hell or the netherworld. They made that distinction quite clear, that's why Splinter didn't disappear when all the other ghosts did...but afterward. So I don't see why you keep bringing that up.
Aaaaaand this little gem sums up this entire debate. Sure, one time is a mistake, but come on, this has been more than a couple times by now. The fact that Splinter "departed into heaven, completely separate from all the ghouls being sent back down to Hell" was exactly my point. Why is he the special snowflake spirit that just happens to come down from the skies if Kavaxas specifically released the ghouls from the underworld? Can Splinter's spirit just transcend worlds whenever it damn well pleases? That cheapens the death, but, hey, this show is an expert at that, so why am I even complaining, right?

I'd argue the rest of your points, but why bother? If you're just going to restate my exact point against you and try to turn it against me without any change to the original point or any original argument of your own, what's the point?

Although I definitely agree that saying this Shredder wasn't a threat and was barely in the series at all is a pretty bombastic claim.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:54 PM   #93
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Although I definitely agree that saying this Shredder wasn't a threat and was barely in the series at all is a pretty bombastic claim.
Never said he wasn't a threat. just that it FELT like he was hardly in the series at all during the Krang Years, and then kind of jumped center stage.

Maybe Splinter wasn't part of the demon horde. he got sent down as an agent from above to help out?

but yeah, while the proper send off was a nice touch, it DOES cheapen the death.

Why kill him of if he's just going to come back as a ghost?
Old 04-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #94
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Aaaaaand this little gem sums up this entire debate. Sure, one time is a mistake, but come on, this has been more than a couple times by now. The fact that Splinter "departed into heaven, completely separate from all the ghouls being sent back down to Hell" was exactly my point. Why is he the special snowflake spirit that just happens to come down from the skies if Kavaxas specifically released the ghouls from the underworld? Can Splinter's spirit just transcend worlds whenever it damn well pleases? That cheapens the death, but, hey, this show is an expert at that, so why am I even complaining, right?
Perhaps that is the case. Perhaps his spirit lingered in the living world a little longer because he had "unfinished business" as in Shredder killed him and he wanted to make sure his sons were safe. A lot of other series do something similar. Now that the threat of Shredder is gone, Splinter departed to the afterlife.

Quote:
I'd argue the rest of your points, but why bother? If you're just going to restate my exact point against you and try to turn it against me without any change to the original point or any original argument of your own, what's the point?
Either way, a lot of your points were nitpicks blown out of proportion, like complaining about minor support character roles like Leatherhead, Fishface, Bebop/Rocksteady, etc...when all their roles in this arc was fine. And the invasion itself was just to "raise the stakes" and not the main focus point.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #95
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
And the invasion itself was just to "raise the stakes" and not the main focus point.
Not to come off as a dick, I'm just legitimately curious, what, to you, is the main focus point of the episode? I'm just convinced that the main plotline revolves around Kavaxas gaining the ability to unleash his power and doing just that, leading directly to the end times.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:09 PM   #96
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Not to come off as a dick, I'm just legitimately curious, what, to you, is the main focus point of the episode? I'm just convinced that the main plotline revolves around Kavaxas gaining the ability to unleash his power and doing just that, leading directly to the end times.
The plot itself was of course raising Shredder (which was independent of the whole ghost invasion), and Kavaxas trying to break free of Tiger Claw's control and then of course all the chaos afterward to set things right. Kavaxas endgame was of course to unleash hell on Earth, so to speak, but it was also done to raise the stakes and show why they had to stop him here and now. And why the Turtles couldn't just let him and Shredder roam around for the next 10-15 episodes before stopping them or whatever.

I like the ghosts invasion because of the cool visuals and action scenes it gave us, but I didn't sit there thinking, "Man this needs to be expanded on for another 2-3 episodes!" or anything.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #97
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

I thought the same thing, so, okay. I just think that Avatar's "Sozin's Comet" arc is appropriately about Sozin's Comet and the battle/catastrophe that results from it, and not quite about, say, Aang learning firebending which was built up in the episodes before. Likewise, I feel "End Times" is about, as I previously stated, the end times that results from Kavaxas. But that's probably just me, anyway. This episode is so jam-packed you could say it's about many things.

Quote:
I like the ghosts invasion because of the cool visuals and action scenes it gave us, but I didn't sit there thinking, "Man this needs to be expanded on for another 2-3 episodes!" or anything.
I didn't either. I thought the stuff with Leo/Splinter, Zombie Shredder's arc... thing, the explanation about the Foot minions, and Fishface's (in this case, very sudden) turn away from the Foot could've been explored/built up more to keep this one episode from feeling incredibly packed.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #98
THGhost
Puppet Master

Great episode, sad to see Kavaxas go though. I really liked him as a villain. Loved how Mikey took him down though.

That Megan Fox line. Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
That "Kitty Jones" billboard has seen a lot of action during this series, but it's still standing!
I've never noticed it before. And it actually says "Jonesy Kitty". A reference to Jonesy the cat from Alien & Aliens, perhaps?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #99
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

How do we know this is Tiger Claw's last appearance?
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:09 PM   #100
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
How do we know this is Tiger Claw's last appearance?
His VA said so.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote