The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-20-2019, 06:25 PM   #41
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I don't know who Bamtan is, nor does Google yield any results as to who Bamtan is. Who or what is is Bamtan? How does one beat Bamtan?
Sunbed? Lotion?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:53 PM   #42
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Very fun little movie. I like how despite being an animated adaptation, it didn't necessarily make the original comic obsolete or anything. They take some of the big bullet points and dialogue from the comic, but remix things with changes both subtle and not-so-subtle in a way that truly makes it its own thing. (The post-credits and what happened to Bats in Arkham in particular took me by surprise.) I'd love to see what they'd do with a sequel, so I hope this does well enough to warrant more partnerships.

(Though, did anyone else find that Foot Ninja mutating into a freaking straight-up T-REX with no human aspects whatsoever a tad ridiculous? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Am I wrong to be surprised at how little discussion this garnered? I knew this place wasn't very populated these days, but this seems like a semi-noteworthy event for the TMNT compared to the amount of talk on here.
I think that's mostly because it's only currently available digitally and a lot of people are waiting on the Blu-ray. (Plus, some have been vocal about their general disinterest.)
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:43 PM   #43
sdp
-

I wrote a little more about my thought's on the movie and how much I'd like to see an animated show from these turtles here. I'd love to follow more of these turtles, if no sequel I'll take the credit comic sequence as actual events that happened in universe for these turtles since after all they do live in the DC U here. PS, yes that Baxter was awesome.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #44
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Am I wrong to be surprised at how little discussion this garnered? I knew this place wasn't very populated these days, but this seems like a semi-noteworthy event for the TMNT compared to the amount of talk on here.
Have to face facts, this forum is dead.
It will be telling how many people come back when more info about the new movie is released for people to discuss.

I think the other reason is bc the movie was not that good imo.
I didn't like the design of the turtles, they were just terrible. I also hate how they mutated every villain in Arkham again....I hated it in the comic cross-over and I hate it now. I also hate how stupid they make Mikey in this....... It's just a disrespect to his character. Damian was the most shocking character in the movie. I could not believe it was Damian until he referred to Batman as "father". The most terrible characterization of any of the characters in this movie.

There was also a big scene that was not in the movie that was in the comic cross-over and that is when Bruce shows Raphael crime alley and explains his reason for becoming batman.

I was shocked at how much blood and killing there was in the movie.

There was some good to the movie, but its hard to point them out with so many negative jumping out at me.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:43 PM   #45
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:41 AM   #46
cammy85
Stone Warrior

I saw it last night. Chances are it will get more discussion when physical media is available.

It went as expected. The villain actors were spot on and Baxter fly is sure intelligent for being a fly. You didn't see that before. Highly recommended, and it's easy to miss something important. They did really well with this!!
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:23 PM   #47
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I loved it! Much better than the comic.
Spoiler:
The Arkham prisoners mutating was done perfectly in this movie, while they were just suddenly mutants for no particular reason in the comic.
All characters are used appropriately. The humor is great and many good jokes aren't underlined to ruination. Making everyone look good is the best possible fan service.
Why can't WWE do that with their wrestlers?

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:44 AM   #48
AquaParade
Banned

Finally watched.

While I'll never stop beating the drum in support of this crossover, I couldn't make myself sit through the whole movie.
I felt a single endorphin rush through my head when Raphael brutally knee'd a foot ninja in the face, causing a spurt of blood. At this point, it's a treat to see the kiddy gloves come off. Other than that though, there wasn't really anything here for me. The plot is as paper thin as you would expect, the animation is on a tight budget, and the jokes just aren't funny to me. I rarely enjoy these DC animated movies, so the film had an uphill battle to win me over.

I'm glad I had a chance to check it out, and I hope this is selling well. I still think it's a step in the right direction for TMNT animation.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:27 PM   #49
mikey22
Stone Warrior

Michelangelo..... push some buttons...\

IMMA HIT ALL OF UM

that definitely seemed like something i woulda wrote

it was a great movie

felt like it paid a lotta homage to the 90 movie w/ shredder doing the jump down slow..

also enjoyed mike w/ his chucks looking like the opener from the theme song
what more could you ask for?

splinter and clayface because both were in the comic

i prefer turtles w/ dots for eyes instead of just white circles

but i enjoyed a lot

the guy who did batman was almost as good as conroy and hamill shocked it was the same fellow
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:40 PM   #50
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I'm cool with all the characters in this incarnation, though I did have some problems with Raph and Donnie.

Donnie is cool in this version though the faces they give him at times do get rather weird. It reminded me of those "Draw the face" toys where you use metal shavings to create a face on a generic Character.

Raph, I'm cool with his design. Though I am a little iffy about Darren Criss voicing him because it didn't really sound like Raph. It sounded like Blain from Glee trying to voice Raph. With Raphael, you normally think of someone who is big, gruff, and mean. The sort of person who would knock your block off first and ask questions later. An the voice they gave him sounds more suitable for maybe a 12-year-old Raphael not a 16-year-old Raphael.

Though I did love Raph saying "Hey, Creature! Leave that kid alone!" a total playoff of Pink Floyd's The Wall where they yell "Hey, Teachers! Leave us kids alone!"
Old 05-31-2019, 04:43 AM   #51
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

I am still rather annoyed that this doesn't appear to be getting a stand alone DVD here in the States. According to Amazon, the only way to get the DVD is either getting a Region 2 DVD or buying the Bluray combo pack (which will not fit in with all my other DVDs on the shelf. I hate when companies pull this loathed stunt. Just like they did for Season 1 of Netflix's "Daredevil" series. Yet bafflingly, Season 2 did get a DVD release here). Idiot executives!
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:47 AM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
(Though, did anyone else find that Foot Ninja mutating into a freaking straight-up T-REX with no human aspects whatsoever a tad ridiculous? )
Oh jeeze. Let that right there be the reason why I will never watch this.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #53
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh jeeze. Let that right there be the reason why I will never watch this.
Maybe that Foot Soldier touched a T-Rex right before he was exposed to the mutagen?

That'd make it all better, right? Right?
Old 06-05-2019, 08:26 AM   #54
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

More please.

Not without it's "cons," but they're only small annoyances and all-in-all it was pretty enjoyable. A breath of fresh air and a bit of a morale booster in the era of "empty calorie" cartoons like 'Rise.'

Likes: Most of it. Fun, and I'm glad to actually for once see something for an older audience. On-screen murder might not necessarily have been necessary to get that, just saying, but either way...

I agree, the dinosaur was really a bit too random to accept with nothing to explain most of the mutations to start with. The "how" is definitely left up to a viewer's prior knowledge of how the mutagen works. But dead fossilized DNA probably shouldn't be able to work out that way.

Mikey could have been played a little more serious half of the time. Sporadic comic relief, great, but it was maybe just a little too frequent. But I generally enjoyed his nonsense. All the brothers were pretty great though. To get mature, serious Leo back, and that the guys are kind of reminiscent of the 2003 lot... ...but it would have been nice if Leo wasn't frowning literally the entire time. You can be serious and still smile once in a while too, it just makes it that much more enjoyable to see with him.

Only thing that bugged me about the treatment of him is that unless it was in the wake of an event he's struggling with, like in 2003 dealing with a bit of PTSD, it didn't really make sense to me hearing Leo told to focus multiple times and tamp down any anger. Sans any given reason for it...this is Leo we're talking about, he's got this. That part could have used a little backstory to support it so it doesn't seem out of place. I like how the one scene did touch on his greatest fears though; almost as if this does take place within that 2003 PTSD period. (And Leo being a messy eater just feels odd.) All and all he was awesome though.

Raph and Donnie, not much to say, they were pretty great too and fine aside from their designs being a little "blah." (Though personally I'd tweak all the designs a little, but that's just me.) I really liked Raph trying to talk sense into (and relate to) Batman, that was a good moment for him.

Baxter... worked well, but this being the first that doesn't sound whiny or a bit maniacal and without his own ulterior motives felt slightly lacking.

Initially I thought Shredder could sound a little more sinister, but it's really kind of reminiscent of the tone and voice of the actor in the 2016 film, so at least in that regard it's played in a way that's kind of familiar.

Can't really comment much on the Batman cast of characters since I'm not that familiar with them. Batman was pretty cool though. I know Harley Quinn is crazy or whatever, but god damn that girl is annoying. And not knowing that she and Joker are an item until this movie was... ewwww...

Hopefully, there will be a sequel, like the end seems to hint at, and look forward to grabbing a copy of that one too.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-05-2019 at 12:19 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:41 AM   #55
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
The villain actors were spot on and Baxter fly is sure intelligent for being a fly.
Was he smarter than the 2012 Baxter fly?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #56
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I am still rather annoyed that this doesn't appear to be getting a stand alone DVD here in the States. According to Amazon, the only way to get the DVD is either getting a Region 2 DVD or buying the Bluray combo pack (which will not fit in with all my other DVDs on the shelf. I hate when companies pull this loathed stunt. Just like they did for Season 1 of Netflix's "Daredevil" series. Yet bafflingly, Season 2 did get a DVD release here). Idiot executives!

Well Walmart came to the rescue! I was shocked when I saw the standalone DVD (Walmart Exclusive) for $14.96. So I am eating crow on this one. But I enjoyed the movie (despite not being overly fond of the Turtles' designs). I hope that they make another (the post credit scene would seem to suggest that that is a possibility).
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:43 PM   #57
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was happy to see that too. I don't recall it even being listed on the website previously (seems to be now though), so I was prepared to have to buy the combo. Glad to have been able to save some dollars.

Since it's a DC product, I doubt the basic DVD is missing out on any TMNT extras or anything like that anyhow. (Right?)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #58
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

There was an insert that came with the Blu-ray about taking a survey dealing with the Batman TMNT Blu-ray. Anyone doing that? It might be a way for them to see if future films are worth it. Obviously, sales are also a big factor.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:09 PM   #59
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

I really appreciated the Batman/TMNT mashup covers that appeared during the credits. It wasn't just the expected juxtapositions either; there were some deep cuts in there.

60249017_10156112553327665_8821416445737959424_n.jpg

60255255_10156112553617665_7414028153296781312_n.jpg
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #60
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier

Couldn't wait to run back to these forums to see what everyone else thought. Seems like it has been too long since there was anything positive to speak on.

This adaptation was amazing! It was the perfect combo for me of enough genuinely funny and light hearted moments mixed with serious bad ass fight scenes. All the little easter eggs were great too! Looks like the folks who created this movie have a real passion and understanding of the source material.

I will definitely be filling out the survey insert that came with the Blu-ray giving it a rave review in hopes for a sequel!