The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 04-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The Walking Dead (comics, not TV)

So I've been marathoning this series since Monday and I'm on Issue #115. Man oh man... I've been missing out.

I thought the Governor was an evil SOB, but Negan is just... mindblowingly evil. Most monstrous villain I think I've ever come across.

RIP Glenn.
RIP Abraham.

They're going to war. Anyone want to talk the comics with me? I figured I'd better make this a separate thread (and I couldn't find a preexisting one for the comics) so that I don't inadvertently spoil anything on the show.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Damn. Negan's Trojan horse was a brilliant tactic.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #3
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
it's been a while since i read the first Negan appearance, but yeah that guy is the villain you LOVE to HATE!!!!

he's actually become one of my favorite Walking Dead characters!
i mean Glenn's death was horrible and all, but MAN was he so damned funny about how he went about it!!!!

"Lucile's a Vampire Bat!"
Old 04-07-2016, 07:57 PM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Nah, he's too far out for me to laugh at all. I mean, the things he says would be funny but he's just too unhinged. And not in a crazy way, but in a completely sociopathic way.

He's chilling. I think my favorite character who's still alive would have to be... I dunno, Carl, Rick, and Andrea. And Michonne and Ezekiel. Most of my favorites died already... Lori, Glenn, Abraham, Tyrese... this book is more brutal than Game of Thrones.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:30 PM   #5
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nah, he's too far out for me to laugh at all. I mean, the things he says would be funny but he's just too unhinged. And not in a crazy way, but in a completely sociopathic way.

He's chilling. I think my favorite character who's still alive would have to be... I dunno, Carl, Rick, and Andrea. And Michonne and Ezekiel. Most of my favorites died already... Lori, Glenn, Abraham, Tyrese... this book is more brutal than Game of Thrones.
when i first read him, i REALLY hated Negan and wanted him dead like YESTERDAY!!!

but as the arc went on - he was very sociopathic, but he was also very charming in a very dark humored twisted way!

it was his interactions with Carl that actually made be begin to feel for Negan.
i mean sure he was a vicious killer, but he also had a tremendous singing voice!
Old 04-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
when i first read him, i REALLY hated Negan and wanted him dead like YESTERDAY!!!

but as the arc went on - he was very sociopathic, but he was also very charming in a very dark humored twisted way!

it was his interactions with Carl that actually made be begin to feel for Negan.
i mean sure he was a vicious killer, but he also had a tremendous singing voice!
Nah, he's The Walking Dead's Joker. He's captivating, but it's like a cobra hypnotizing its prey.

He's charismatic and a leader, and absolutely the worst human being. There's something seriously wrong with him... somebody should have ended him long ago.

In new issues, the Whisperers are fascinating. Bizarre buggers... can't wait to see where it goes.