The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #2041
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I am REALLY curious to know what they are charging for international shipping on these
Here you are sir:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
They are not allowed to ship internationally license restriction
I thought so too, especially since Don was available for many for over 3 months until the end of february Don also got available in their ebay store with international shipping options. After first Raph batches were sent out and reached people it took only a short while (shorter than with Don) until the same happened with Raph (while I got mine already from a first batch buyer) to show up on their ebay page.

Leo right here is totally different as he was actually announced for being available and boom he shows up right on necas ebay page with international shipping. Me like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretttheleofan View Post
If it's eBay it's probably the eBay global shipping program. Which means Neca ships it to the eBay distribution center in the US, then eBay ships to the foreign country. That means Neca is not shipping internationally, its eBay. Smart business.
Whenever it's "ebay global shipping program" stuff takes aaaages to arrive here, actually saying it's the worst speaking of delivery times compared to any other delivery option in general! The only situation where ebays global shipping program is faster is when an international package is held in customs for 1-2 weeks lol

And although the presumed arrival date for my Leo seems to match Don delivery speed I can so far only speak for Don when it comes to hands on experience: Hardly any international packages are here this fast. I would think of neca having a pro deal getting their loads dropped faster if it wasn't for the quite low shipping costs.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:57 AM   #2042
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I am thinking about getting these, how do you guys rate them? Are they as good as the other NECAs? better? worse? any opinion would really help.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #2043
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Says in their listing "ships to United States and many other countries"

Meow ordered one from them and he's in Austria...
Randy confirmed they are not allowed to ship outside US due to license restriction. They are allowed to ship to Australia due to special deal a distributor made with lisencer

Check Twitter man
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:51 AM   #2044
Panther10
Hench Mutant

My Leonardo and Raphael figures should be arriving today directly from Neca. I purchased these off of their eBay store on Tuesday.
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:16 AM   #2045
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBu7HazjCc&t

Looks like reviews are already up!
Old 06-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #2046
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post

Is that pizza box plug ripping off our forum member here or is it him? I forget the username.

The review seems to bash the fact that the body was the same as the other turtles....what did he expect?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #2047
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Is that pizza box plug ripping off our forum member here or is it him? I forget the username.

The review seems to bash the fact that the body was the same as the other turtles....what did he expect?
I don't think it was necessarily bashing, was it? Sounded more like he just was stating facts ... but he said it in a very deadpan way.

And yeah, I'm not too sure about the pizza box? I wonder if it is the ripoff guy.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #2048
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

I appreciate you guys being on the defense for me regarding the pizza boxes but really, it's fine. Truly the only thing that irritates me is his denial of stealing my design and claiming to be the original.

The pizza boxes were fun and I thought it would be nice to share it with the collecting community. Maybe I should just post and share the pizza box design so everyone here, on Facebook, etc can now have it and make their own.

Anyway building a "business" solely around accessories for these NECA turtles seems foolish. Once all the people who have the figures, got the accessories they want, where are the customers? I've moved onto larger and more exciting projects. The boxes were actually a springboard which allowed me to do that.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #2049
calmik
Foot Soldier

Mine is half way here. I should have it early next week!
calmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #2050
inaheap
Mad Scientist

It kind of looks like 8 pieces of pizza make a whole. I have been kind of enjoying thinking about what that could mean.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #2051
djmajin
Thug

Leonardo made it all the way across the country to Boston in record time

djmajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #2052
djmajin
Thug

Old 06-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #2053
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post

Am I a jerk for wanting to point out that he called Leo's back sheath a holster? Isn't that a firearm exclusive term?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #2054
Levi
Random Punk

Leo came in today as is everything I hoped for!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LEO.jpg (102.2 KB, 55 views)
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:42 PM   #2055
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
This picture is already made. Seen it somewhere online. Just google these Turtles on instagram
Hey, forgot about this post and only just checked back on it. I've had a browse on instagram but couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm not using the right hashtags. Do you have a link at all, I'd like to see the pic if someone has recreated it! Thanks.
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #2056
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I am thinking about getting these, how do you guys rate them? Are they as good as the other NECAs? better? worse? any opinion would really help.
Hey, I've just recently picked up Raph from eBay (my first 1/4" figure). I have to say the likeness is incredible, I couldn't stop just staring & admiring him for hours when I first got him! The only thing I would say is that they are pretty big. I normally just collect 6" and under. I love the previous NECA TMNT & I also have the revoltech figs too. In comparison 1/4 Raph has looks to kill but he really is just a display piece. Whereas all my other smaller figures you can set them in various poses & have them interact with other figures of similar size. So I do still prefer the smaller figures but I don't regret getting Raph. I won't be getting any of the other three. Simply don't have the space. I think if you get one then it has to be Raph. I can only imagine how much space Leo takes up with his katanas but he does look absolutely fantastic!

One other thing, he is quite wobbly at the ab-crunch joint or whatever you call it. I don't think he's as poseable as the smaller figures, but maybe that's just through my inexperience with this size figure?
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:08 PM   #2057
djmajin
Thug

Leo is waaaaay tighter for the ab crunch than Raph was
Old 06-16-2017, 03:39 PM   #2058
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmajin View Post
Leo is waaaaay tighter for the ab crunch than Raph was
My Raph's abs also suck. Not sure what to do still.

These Leo pics look awesome. He looks the best yet.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #2059
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmajin View Post
Good lord, this looks like an actual photograph from the film.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #2060
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
I appreciate you guys being on the defense for me regarding the pizza boxes but really, it's fine. Truly the only thing that irritates me is his denial of stealing my design and claiming to be the original.

The pizza boxes were fun and I thought it would be nice to share it with the collecting community. Maybe I should just post and share the pizza box design so everyone here, on Facebook, etc can now have it and make their own.

Anyway building a "business" solely around accessories for these NECA turtles seems foolish. Once all the people who have the figures, got the accessories they want, where are the customers? I've moved onto larger and more exciting projects. The boxes were actually a springboard which allowed me to do that.
Hey I got my box from you and I am VERY happy with it. We all know you were the original creator for what it's worth

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote