The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #41
Mindy
Foot Soldier

For the most part, I'm digging the "mutation in progress" news, especially about Splinter. Thanks for the info, guys. Much appreciated.

TMNT OVA English fandubs ~ completed!
TMNT & other fics:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1013080/
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #42
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Speaking of how Nick execs were a little creeped out by the idea of an adult April hanging out with teenagers, has anyone checked out Mindy's "April's Diary" project?

It's pretty funny, but it does have all the awkwardness that might have made the Nick creative team nervous.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #43
ooglafina
Hench Mutant

I'm just wondering where all this sudden awkwardness came from. Nobody had that opinion for twenty-some years until now.

And by the way, as the writer of April's Diary, I am lobbying Mindy for more cussing and nudity in following chapters.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~connienervegas

http://pizzas-scrolls.be/viewuser.php?uid=76

http://www.5wwwww5.com/forum/viewfor...tealthystories
ooglafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #44
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

You miss a lot being a day sleeper. Wow.

Ok, here's my $.02.

I have no problems with what I've heard so far.

6 foot once human Splinter...sounds kinda Archie to me.

Donnie being more tall and "goofy" make me think of him as kinda a gaucky teen nerd. Makes sense. As I've said before, I can see Donatello as taller and leaner than the rest, and a little awkward.

Teen April. Is that really such a big deal or is it the "why is she here" issue? I kinda dig it, and I also dig that Donnie has an obvious crush on her. As long as that's as far as it goes, I'm cool.

I do have one question: Is the IMDB for the series, totally off base?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #45
Volvagia
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie
Of course, i'm probably waaay wrong, and she'll end up being a mutated female turtle or something
Don't give them any ideas
Volvagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #46
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

Donnie being more tall and "goofy" make me think of him as kinda a gaucky teen nerd. Makes sense. As I've said before, I can see Donatello as taller and leaner than the rest, and a little awkward.
So true:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__8tv2laMEB.../DonGeek01.jpg

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #47
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

This is my quick sketch of The Krang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Will the Triceratons be included?
No mention of aliens besides The Krang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Okay, apologies in advance for the stupid question, but now that we know that the pendulum has swung back to "Once Human" Splinter....what do his feet look like?

One of my favorite parts of Splinter's design were the more animalistic feet.

for example: this vs this
On the protype of the toy we saw he had feet like old toon splinter does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I do have one question: Is the IMDB for the series, totally off base?
Link please?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #48
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

So Krang and an Utrom slammed together....HARD.

I think that's the one down side I have is the Krang as a race and not a specific character. And having dozens of Krang style Foot seems odd to me too. But, we'll see how it goes.

Off to the salt mines.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #49
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I must've missed something while being excited about the comics. When did all of this come to light?
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #50
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
I must've missed something while being excited about the comics. When did all of this come to light?
We all got an e-mail today from Nickelodeon stating that we can freely talk about things now.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #51
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
On the protype of the toy we saw he had feet like old toon splinter does.
Dang.

Though...that makes sense from a toy perspective. It's hard enough getting action figures to stand without toppling. Even more so if you decrease the size of the "base."
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #52
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Dang.

Though...that makes sense from a toy perspective. It's hard enough getting action figures to stand without toppling. Even more so if you decrease the size of the "base."
Honestly the prototype I saw reminded me a bit of the Movie Star Splinter figure, when they re-released it without the flocked fur on it.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #53
JoeGro
Foot Soldier

I'm done, just like the rest of my life I'm outnumbered. I've offered my feedback on all of this, and some of my gripes are being stated out in the open now, yet everyone is okay with these changes.... oh well. I'm done, some of you I'm sure will be glad to not hear from me anymore. But I've given my side and gave a fight and most of you will look at it as insignificant, or misinformation, or whatever... nothing can be done about that. Maybe I'll be back after they release the show. It was a pleasure meeting (some) of you and being able to share my thoughts regardless of if the majority disagree with me. But I was not chosen to go to the Nick fan event from this forum, I was chosen because I am a true fan and because I did things to bring attention to the TMNT because outside of my own family I love them more than anything. I will walk my own path and venture forth in doing what I feel is in the best interest for the 4 boys in green. I wish you all the best.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #54
Ninjinister
無問題

Joe, why does it bother you so much that people aren't losing their s**t over a damn children's show?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #55
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Joe, you need to simmer down just a skosh. You also need to lay off the "true fan" crap, because that isn't winning you friends or influencing people...at least not in a positive way.

You're invested. We get it. We're all invested. Do you think we'd all be here, on a turtle centric message board, picking nits out of the tiniest shreds of details if we weren't? Cripes, if you could see over your own butthurt you'd notice that we all share your concerns. We're just not all about shaking the gates of heaven when discussing them.

In the end: You got to go. A good lot of us didn't. You may not like the final product, but take some comfort in the fact that they thought highly enough of you to invite you in the first place. Sheesh.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #56
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
We all got an e-mail today from Nickelodeon stating that we can freely talk about things now.
Hey, cool! Looks like I was right to expect a big reveal from fansites after the event, after all!

Also, I'm a bit suspicious of some changes like 16-year-old April and Splinter having a daughter, but all the other changes are cool with me. I hope Yoshi and Saki's battle where Yoshi is presumed dead (and just rolls with it) is super epic. It'll really set up how skilled Saki and Yoshi are and, in turn, will show how much room the Turtles have to grow before being to such a level.

I know none of this is completely set in stone, but I bet the basic ideas will remain the same throughout the whole creative process. Looks like it's really shaping up to be the oft-rumored Ultimate TMNT that some of us are looking for.

Also, with the big role of mutants in this series, it looks as if this is something we never would've seen with Pete in the picture. Looks like he was right to write himself out of the position of micro-manager.

Also, I'm really hoping that the inside of the TCRI building will be at least a little reminiscent of the inside of the Technodrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
I'm done, just like the rest of my life I'm outnumbered. I've offered my feedback on all of this, and some of my gripes are being stated out in the open now, yet everyone is okay with these changes.... oh well. I'm done, some of you I'm sure will be glad to not hear from me anymore. But I've given my side and gave a fight and most of you will look at it as insignificant, or misinformation, or whatever... nothing can be done about that. Maybe I'll be back after they release the show. It was a pleasure meeting (some) of you and being able to share my thoughts regardless of if the majority disagree with me. But I was not chosen to go to the Nick fan event from this forum, I was chosen because I am a true fan and because I did things to bring attention to the TMNT because outside of my own family I love them more than anything. I will walk my own path and venture forth in doing what I feel is in the best interest for the 4 boys in green. I wish you all the best.
Oh, no! We don't have the same opinions on every interpretation of the Turtles!

Seriously, get over it. A lot of us don't share the same ideas as AndrewNDB, but that really doesn't change the fact that I think he's a cool guy who knows what he wants and enjoys it the best he can. You don't see him being so dramatic about people not sharing his opinion. He's as much of a fan as I am and we probably don't agree about a lot of things outside of Volumes 1 & 3, Bodycount, and Kevin Eastman's TMNT work in general.

Last edited by Kendamu; 04-05-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

Who was the unexpected character Rose was surprised about?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #58
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Honestly the prototype I saw reminded me a bit of the Movie Star Splinter figure, when they re-released it without the flocked fur on it.
I think calling it a prototype is being kind to it. It didn't look close to resembling a finished product at all.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #59
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
Drama-queen...

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #60
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Who was the unexpected character Rose was surprised about?
If you can dig up an exact quote of what I said, I'll clarify. But I dunno what you're referring to.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick