The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-24-2021, 03:06 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

As someone with no knowledge of these characters, it really looks like any generic sci-fi movie to me.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:14 PM   #42
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm looking forward to it, I know nothing about the Eternals, But since its a new marvel team, I can't wait to see what they will offer. The trailer says they never interfered, So it will be interesting to see how they explain why they weren't around when Thanos showed up and wiped out half of the population.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Could this possibly be how they bring in Galactus? Or foreshadow him or something? That's about the only reason I'd care about this without knowing more.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:11 PM   #44
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I heard in the Comics Thanos was a Deviant, But in the MCU he's a Titan.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:48 PM   #45
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Could this possibly be how they bring in Galactus? Or foreshadow him or something? That's about the only reason I'd care about this without knowing more.
It's possible. Heck they could easily foreshadow Apocalypse too. Quite a lot of important characters are connected to the Eternals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I heard in the Comics Thanos was a Deviant, But in the MCU he's a Titan.
In the comics the Titanians are Eternals. A group of them that left Earth to live on Titan which in the comics is actually Jupiter's Moon Titan rather than another planet far from Earth. Comic Thanos is a Titan too but through a genetic quirk was born to look like a Deviant. He looks like Darkseid but is actually a rejigged version of Orion.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:14 PM   #46
neatoman
Emperor

I've seen some "leaks" on 4Chan that someone keeps posting but I don't know if it is genuine or just some guy who keeps posting BS for fun.

Anyway be warned in case it turns out to be real:
Spoiler:
  • They are not made from humans in this version and can better be described as androids here.
  • The Deviants are a failed attempt to create the Eternals.
  • The purpose of the Eternals is to protect planets until the Celestials can harvest them.
  • In order to keep them motivated, the Celestials reset their memories every time they harvest so they won't understand their true purpose.
  • They find out the truth and rebel.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:21 PM   #47
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I've seen some "leaks" on 4Chan that someone keeps posting but I don't know if it is genuine or just some guy who keeps posting BS for fun.

Anyway be warned in case it turns out to be real:
Spoiler:
  • They are not made from humans in this version and can better be described as androids here.
  • The Deviants are a failed attempt to create the Eternals.
  • The purpose of the Eternals is to protect planets until the Celestials can harvest them.
  • In order to keep them motivated, the Celestials reset their memories every time they harvest so they won't understand their true purpose.
  • They find out the truth and rebel.
To me that sounds like something
Spoiler:
Galactus would do.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:44 PM   #48
neatoman
Emperor

It would not surpise me if they actually went ahead and made Galactus a Celestial for the MCU. Having more than one type of cosmic giant in tech armor who has been around since the start of the universe, is exactly the type thing the MCU tries to avoid as hard as it can, multiple similar but distinct concepts is something they really don't want. It's why the Cosmic Cube and the Eye of Agamotto are Infinity Stones, having multiple artifacts of ultimate power seems to be something they consider too confusing. They have already made Ego a Celestial and Ego barely has any similarities to the Celestials.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 02:40 AM   #49
ZariusTwo
Overlord

This looks boring as all f*ck
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:24 AM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I ask this earnestly... is anyone excited for this movie? Have you heard of people excited for this movie?

I should add... is anyone excited for this movie... that is excited for ONLY the movie itself/its characters and not things that MIGHT be in the movie (setting up Galactus and the stage for the Fantastic Four movie or such)?

Because I don't know of anybody at all. I definitely plan on seeing it but I'm neither stoked about it or have any ill will towards it. It's just "the latest MCU movie" to me, and I suspect most out there. I suspect it will only do a little better than Shang-Chi numbers, and probably only because of Jolie. Better on the long haul if there ends up being good word of mouth.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 05:29 AM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

I would have no idea the movie even exists if I didn't browse forums like this, that's for sure.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:31 PM   #52
IMJ
Emperor

Zero excitement for this movie. I'd only want to see it to see giant Celestials doing stuff or the possibility that they'd have the Quantum Bands or Quasar show up, which I think is a chance ZERO.

I would have been interested because Makkari was a hardcore supporting character in Quasar volume 1, but they literally race/gender/disability swapped Makkari. It's woke $#!(, so I'm out.

On that note I think they race or orientation swapped close to ever character in this movie. I think the perception of this movie for those in the know about the source material is that the Eternals is the apex of Marvel's woke $#!( agenda so far.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 12:22 PM   #53
sdp
-

According to MCU fans (casuals) jack Kirby sucks and the marvel studios is fixing the crappy comics https://twitter.com/BrettThousand/st...yYjsjx5wQ&s=19
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:34 AM   #54
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
According to MCU fans (casuals) jack Kirby sucks and the marvel studios is fixing the crappy comics https://twitter.com/BrettThousand/st...yYjsjx5wQ&s=19
The Eternals was clearly made for the Twitter 9 percenters.....
And look how well they supported Black Widow and Shang Chi.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:42 AM   #55
AquaParade
Banned

Those aren't MCU fans, they're deranged users of Twitter. Stay away from there, son.
It's like calling Charles Manson a "Honey Nut Cheerio's fan". Leave the cheerios out of it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:38 PM   #56
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The Red Carpet Premiere is on now.

Old 10-19-2021, 04:55 AM   #57
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Major spoiler has leaked

Spoiler:
Thanos' brother Eros appears in the movie, played by Harry Styles
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:55 AM   #58
sdp
-

meh, he's a nobody in the comics i didn't even know he existed, are we supposed to only care because of his relationship with thanos? because casuals don't know comics and will automatically think he's cool because of that?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:04 AM   #59
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Those aren't MCU fans, they're deranged users of Twitter. Stay away from there, son.
It's like calling Charles Manson a "Honey Nut Cheerio's fan". Leave the cheerios out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
meh, he's a nobody i
n the comics i didn't even know he existed, are we supposed to only care because of his relationship with thanos? because casuals don't know comics and will automatically think he's cool because of that?
I would actually say that out of all of the D-List characters this movie is comprised of, that Eros is probably the most widely known. He had more of a presence in the Avengers book that any of the "Eternals" characters had across most of the Marvel U across time. Eros became used in print a bit more around the time they were filling the Avengers book with a D-Lister team like Black Knight and Dr. Druid.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:17 AM   #60
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

I would actually say that out of all of the D-List characters this movie is comprised of, that Eros is probably the most widely known. He had more of a presence in the Avengers book that any of the "Eternals" characters had across most of the Marvel U across time. Eros became used in print a bit more around the time they were filling the Avengers book with a D-Lister team like Black Knight and Dr. Druid.

Honestly, I'd say Sirsi or Thena would be better known. At least to the comic fandom at large. Eros is one I'd look at and go "the Greek god?" Rather than an Eternal.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gay