The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #21
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

After being letdown by a majority of seasons 2's writing, all I can say is that I was absolutely amazed at how well done this was.

I can't wait for season 3.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #22
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

This had to be the best episode of season 2 by far! It even topped Wormquake!!!

Can't wait for the next season!!!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #23
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Spoiler:

The last sence sees the group driving out of the city after their defeat and witnessing the demise of NYC, they're on their way upstate to Northhampton (Although it's not called that, it's just called "Upstate New York")
They didn't verbally reference it but I'm pretty sure the sign on the highway said NORTHAMPTON.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #24
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Spoiler:
A Kraang spy who is voiced by Gilbert Godfried who took the identity of a new student and befriended April in order to discover the turtle's lair. So Irma never really existed. Totally disappointed! Odd reference to Baxter Stockman/Mr.Freeze with the head on mechanical spider legs.
IRMA IS A WHAT!?!

I don't think I'll ever sleep for months.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #25
LH
Leatherhead

Leatherhead.....

Spoiler:
It's a good thing we know he'll be in season 3... He was brave to take on Shredder... To save Splinter... But even he was no match for him...

a lot of emotions running right now...
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:34 PM   #26
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH View Post
Leatherhead.....

Spoiler:
It's a good thing we know he'll be in season 3... He was brave to take on Shredder... To save Splinter... But even he was no match for him...

a lot of emotions running right now...
Dude, I know what you mean. I was literally cheering when he went totally nuts on Shredder. That was brutally epic.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #27
LH
Leatherhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Dude, I know what you mean. I was literally cheering when he went totally nuts on Shredder. That was brutally epic.
Yes... He showed him no mercy... As it should be!!!!!...
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #28
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

That is how a Finale is done the feels I got from some parts got me choked up a bit.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #29
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Too bad Ciro and crew aren't involved in the movie universe. The Invasion was 1000x better than the nonsense that Platinum Dunes gave us.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #30
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post

Oh and did this ep finally show Leo and Donnie's rooms?

Ok now for spoiler questions...

Spoiler:
Why did Donnie blame himself for what happened? Did he cause Leo to run off? Can you be a bit more specific?

Why was Leo alone?

How did the subject of April even come up for Raph to even tell Casey that Donnie had a thing for her?

You said April chose Casey. Mind specifying?

How did Raph and Casey get separated from the others?

What happened to the mech?

What went down in the Shredder and Leatherhead encounter. Why were they going up against each other? Was he helping Leo?

How was Leo cornered?

What was going on with tea time girl and pizza delivery boy?

Did Casey flee the city with the turtles? If that storyboard is any indication, and the trailer, I'm sure April did.

How did Kirby get mutated? Was he protecting April?

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Until a mobile version is out I can't watch it. I'm saving my cellular data to watch it. lol
Answers are in the spoilers bolded:
Spoiler:
Why did Donnie blame himself for what happened? Did he cause Leo to run off? Can you be a bit more specific?
Sure, the differing of opinions the description states involves the point of conflict. Donnie's plan is to use the Turtle Mech, but Leo strongly disagrees and thinks the best plan is to make a second base outside the city. Meaning if Donnie had followed Leo's advice, they could have gotten out of the city with no invasion ever taking place. Leo gets separated from the others after a Kraang portal opens up between them blocking them from each other while escaping the lair, Leo tells them to get out while he distracts them to buy Mikey and April time to help Donnie who gets injured during the escape.

How did the subject of April even come up for Raph to even tell Casey that Donnie had a thing for her?
In typical Casey fashion, he just brings it up to Raph while spray painting himself with her on a building on the surface. Casey took the comment about Donnie and just was like "Pfft. Whatever man..."

You said April chose Casey. Mind specifying?
They don't really come out and say it, but the vibe is made pretty clear. When April is tending to Donnie's injury in her apartment, Donnie was basically like "Well, since it's the end of the world...again. I guess I can finally tell you how I feel about you April..." April gets wide eyed and then tightens the bandage around his arm to shut him up. Plus several others times it looked like he wanted to tell her after this, but she quickly changed the subject to the matter at hand, also the final scene in the Party Wagon, the embrace April does to Casey when she learns that Casey couldn't find his family looks very telling. Donnie's reaction doesn't look like he's going to take it well either...

How did Raph and Casey get separated from the others?
Raph and Casey start out separated from the others as they are on search for Karai.

What happened to the mech?
The Mech is fried as a result of their last ditch attempt to save the city.

What went down in the Shredder and Leatherhead encounter. Why were they going up against each other? Was he helping Leo?
Leatherhead actually saves Splinter from Shredder, the first fight that is. LH and Splinter meet each other in the sewers and head up to find the turtles, but do not. Sadly, Leatherhead's advanced age lead him to be defeated by Shredder and he looks like he falls through a floor of a demoed sight and into a running sewer. He isn't seen again after it.

How was Leo cornered?
Leo after being separated from the others is lured by the Kraang into the Foot's area to attack him in an all-out assault.

What was going on with tea time girl and pizza delivery boy?
They are really only seen for a brief period, basically the scene we see in the trailer.

Did Casey flee the city with the turtles? If that storyboard is any indication, and the trailer, I'm sure April did.
Yes both are with the turtles going to Northhampton. And all turtles too obviously...

How did Kirby get mutated? Was he protecting April?
Not really protecting April persay, he gets blindsided by Kraang Prime's mutagen gun weapon while trying to get him to "his" Party Wagon. The party is Kirby's vehicle when he was younger it appears.

Hope that covered everything you wanted.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #31
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Too bad Ciro and crew aren't involved in the movie universe. The Invasion was 1000x better than the nonsense that Platinum Dunes gave us.
I couldn't agree more.

Hey 2014 movie writers, take note. THIS is how you should write Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Not that sorry excuse for a film.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:45 PM   #32
Powder
So tired of this place

Not tagging for spoilers because this thread exists for no other reason than to discuss what we saw. If you're coming to this thread, be prepared to get spoiled. No apologies.

Anyway, that was pretty cool, buuuuuuuuuut, am I the only one feeling a little underwhelmed? I mean, yeah, it covered a lot of ground, there was dope action, some interesting reveals (or, well, one at least), but it kinda felt like season 1's finale all over again, except this time it wasn't new, & thus less exciting. There are unresolved issues in New York, are we to expect them to fall to the wayside in season 3? We spent the entire season watching mutants get created, yet not only did so few of them get retribution or healing, they didn't even show up in the end! I was kinda expecting/hoping to see Slash & Mutagen Man aid the turtles in their time of need, for example. Ah, well... I guess these things will get touched upon halfway into the next season? At least we won't half to wait long to see where things pick up. I just dislike the idea of a two part finale that doesn't really end anything, it's just a lead into the upcoming episodes. Would have liked to get some closure on at least one character's plot, rather than there being a host of new problems. But complaints aside I was definitely on the edge of my seat & it was entertaining.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #33
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Agreed, so much potential wasted.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #34
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

loved the 1990/ comic throwbacks IE Leo getting thrown through the window nearly unconcious them leaving new york to go to rest and relax.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #35
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
IRMA IS A WHAT!?!

I don't think I'll ever sleep for months.
Spoiler:
uh,yeah, she is really a guy who is an utrom and Kraang Prime's second-in command and top spy who was posing as Irma Livinstein. The whole point was to get to April after she was captured and examined last season's finale. A false person was created as high school student named Irma. Thus Irma never actually existed. The revealed robot was voiced by Gilbert Godfrid and held off Splinter until Shredder got there. Sorry for the run on sentences I was just trying to explain what you wanted.

When she appeared before in the Chinatown Ghost Story it was said that Irma like April was unique though it did not specify what was special about Irma. Now we know.

Spoiler:
Yes, it is Northampton indeed that they are headed without Splinter.

Spoiler:
This is getting annoying in regards to Kirby O'Neil. First he is a captive then a mutant-bat and then hit by the perfected mutagen and is a Krrang now.*sigh*

So what are the chances of Agent Bishop showing up very soon?
Old 09-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #36
Mellie
Foot Soldier

Oh my god, that was amazing!

I got a little choked up when they were gathering belongings at the lair and when Mikey comforted Raph
Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:54 PM   #37
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Anyway, that was pretty cool, buuuuuuuuuut, am I the only one feeling a little underwhelmed? I mean, yeah, it covered a lot of ground, there was dope action, some interesting reveals (or, well, one at least), but it kinda felt like season 1's finale all over again, except this time it wasn't new, & thus less exciting.
I wouldn't say it wasn't new, simply because of the fact the turtles lost, and lost brutally.

For the football fans out there, the Turtles were the Tampa Bay Bucs to the Kraang and Shredder's Atlanta Falcons.

Complete annihilation and humiliation.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #38
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Spoiler:
uh,yeah, she is really a guy who is an utrom and Kraang Prime's second-in command and top spy who was posing as Irma Livinstein. The whole point was to get to April after she was captured and examined last season's finale. A false person was created as high school student named Irma. Thus Irma never actually existed. The revealed robot was voiced by Gilbert Godfrid and held off Splinter until Shredder got there. Sorry for the run on sentences I was just trying to explain what you wanted.

When she appeared before in the Chinatown Ghost Story it was said that Irma like April was unique though it did not specify what was special about Irma. Now we know.

Spoiler:
Yes, it is Northampton indeed that they are headed without Splinter.

Spoiler:
This is getting annoying in regards to Kirby O'Neil. First he is a captive then a mutant-bat and then hit by the perfected mutagen and is a Krrang now.*sigh*

So what are the chances of Agent Bishop showing up very soon?
*bangs head on iPad repeatedly*

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #39
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
*bangs head on iPad repeatedly*
Re: both Irma and Kirby
Old 09-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #40
Ninjinister
無問題

Spoiler:
Loved that Karai came and saved Splinter at the end. I was hoping she'd show up earlier, during the fight to save him, but I'm glad she did it at some point.

Tags
episode discussion, irma