AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

TMNT Armageddon Game #8. Preview and Discussion

Preview here.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 10:34 PM   #2
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

How did this book end? I couldn't find it on the readcomicsonline site, so I'm just wondering if anyone has read it yet.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 04:13 AM   #3
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Mole View Post
How did this book end? I couldn't find it on the readcomicsonline site, so I'm just wondering if anyone has read it yet.
ir released yesterday
Old 07-06-2023, 10:31 AM   #4
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I couldn't find it on the readcomicsonline site
Neither can I find The Last Ronin Lost Years #4

Old 07-06-2023, 01:18 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Neither can I find The Last Ronin Lost Years #4
This is what you get for reading comics illegally, kek
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 02:06 PM   #6
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I’ve got physical copies of The Lost Years. I just prefer to read online because I’d like to use the physical copies as little as possible so that they wouldn’t lose their value.

Besides, I’m sure you read woke comics illegally so that you wouldn’t support them financially.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 07-06-2023 at 08:42 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 06:13 PM   #7
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

lol so did anyone read it? Big finale?
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 08:24 PM   #8
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
lol so did anyone read it? Big finale?
Nope. Aside from TLR and Lost Years, I haven't bought anything from IDW since 2019.

Did you read it? And if so, was the "big finale" worth it?
Old 07-06-2023, 09:54 PM   #9
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Full retelling of the plot, including the final twist (SPOILERS!):

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/07/04/te...game-8-review/
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 11:18 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well that was certainly an issue. I don't know whether I liked it as a whole, but it was certainly...something. I did like the callbacks to the earlier Pantheon issues/plots that people forgot about over the years. Hopefully this is the end of the Pantheon as a whole.

A lot of the side plots seemed to be setting up future storylines, like another war in Dimension X for the Neutrinos/Nova Posse/Cherubae, etc to fight in, but that stuff can pretty much happen off-screen as it's not really that important. I did like Shredder leaving Earth as he has no place here anymore. The Turtles seemed to make peace with Old Hob and Karai for the time being, and everyone has Baxter under lock and key ala Trump.

One thing I didn't like is...Metalhead reactivates again at the end of the issue. Meh, I don't really have any interest in any more Metalhead stories, I was hoping the robot was destroyed for good. Although if it becomes an ally of the Turtles that would be better, but it remains to be seen.
Old 07-07-2023, 07:04 AM   #11
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Well that was certainly an issue. I don't know whether I liked it as a whole, but it was certainly...something. I did like the callbacks to the earlier Pantheon issues/plots that people forgot about over the years. Hopefully this is the end of the Pantheon as a whole.

A lot of the side plots seemed to be setting up future storylines, like another war in Dimension X for the Neutrinos/Nova Posse/Cherubae, etc to fight in, but that stuff can pretty much happen off-screen as it's not really that important. I did like Shredder leaving Earth as he has no place here anymore. The Turtles seemed to make peace with Old Hob and Karai for the time being, and everyone has Baxter under lock and key ala Trump.

One thing I didn't like is...Metalhead reactivates again at the end of the issue. Meh, I don't really have any interest in any more Metalhead stories, I was hoping the robot was destroyed for good. Although if it becomes an ally of the Turtles that would be better, but it remains to be seen.
I think metal head has more potential
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 07:22 AM   #12
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
I think metal head has more potential
I was kinda hoping they’d do a crossover with transformers with him finding cybertronian tech at area 59 when he was teamed up with Bishop.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 10:06 AM   #13
ChosenOne
Banned

I'm not really clear on what happened to Rat King and the others, felt kinda meh on the deus ex machina scale. I did tell y'all they would make a sacrifice play, though.

The characters that left for the thin places feel like a random assortment, my guess is they'll either tie into Armaggon or set up some other cosmic horror threat for later.

And once again, the Turtles had to rely on others to solve their problems for them...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 10:08 AM   #14
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:

I haven’t bought a floppy since middle school. Even if there was a store near me, a floppy isn’t really worth the price.
Old 07-07-2023, 10:25 AM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The characters that left for the thin places feel like a random assortment, my guess is they'll either tie into Armaggon or set up some other cosmic horror threat for later.
It feels like they're setting up for some of the worst spinoffs imagineable. I have no desire to see Nova Posse/Neutrinos, Cherubae, the 4 Wings, etc. fight Mazool (I don't know if you recall or not, but Mazool appeared in the Archie series as the main enemy of Nova Posse, only briefly though). Unless that all happens in just a 4 issue mini down the road, I really don't want that plotline taking up space in the comic.

Zodi and Krissa the Null mutant henchmen joining Karai was a surprise though. I thought they would just be written out off-screen. So Karai has what...like 6 mutant henchmen now? lol. But yeah that will probably tie into the next main arc.

I am still hoping the Utroms and Triceratons find a new homeworld in space though, I wonder how much longer they're going to stay on Earth now that their problems are done.
Old 07-07-2023, 10:28 AM   #16
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I'm not really clear on what happened to Rat King and the others, felt kinda meh on the deus ex machina scale. I did tell y'all they would make a sacrifice play, though.

And once again, the Turtles had to rely on others to solve their problems for them...
So, is the Rat King dead now?
Old 07-07-2023, 10:42 AM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

How have they handled Cherubae so far? Is she supposedly the same Cherubae from Archie or a new one?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 10:45 AM   #18
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
It feels like they're setting up for some of the worst spinoffs imagineable. I have no desire to see Nova Posse/Neutrinos, Cherubae, the 4 Wings, etc. fight Mazool (I don't know if you recall or not, but Mazool appeared in the Archie series as the main enemy of Nova Posse, only briefly though). Unless that all happens in just a 4 issue mini down the road, I really don't want that plotline taking up space in the comic.

Zodi and Krissa the Null mutant henchmen joining Karai was a surprise though. I thought they would just be written out off-screen. So Karai has what...like 6 mutant henchmen now? lol. But yeah that will probably tie into the next main arc.

I am still hoping the Utroms and Triceratons find a new homeworld in space though, I wonder how much longer they're going to stay on Earth now that their problems are done.
I can see a space-based arc with the Turtles and their allies versus Mazool to tie up those loose ends and maybe move the Burnow community off-planet (not that there's any real need for the latter, now that mutants and their general weirdness are common knowledge.)

What I would love to see, though, is for Stockman's victory lap around the country to run into trouble and for the Turtles to have to bail him out, setting the stage for a trip around America.

Either way, a change of scenery and focus is most welcome.

Quote:
Well... It's a comic book, we didn't see him die or his body afterwards, and he's an immortal, so... Yes-ish? At least as dead as the story needs him to be at the moment.
Old 07-07-2023, 11:34 AM   #19
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This actually ties up the plot thread from #112/113 where Karai was after more mutants and tried to buy Tokka and Rahzar from Hob.

Quote:
It was implied that Kitsune sent him and the other Pantheon members into the Ghost trap where Chi-Yu was previously trapped.

Quote:
What I would love to see, though, is for Stockman's victory lap around the country to run into trouble and for the Turtles to have to bail him out, setting the stage for a trip around America.
This is possibly how the Street Fighter mini-series fits in.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:06 PM   #20
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
It was implied that Kitsune sent him and the other Pantheon members into the Ghost trap where Chi-Yu was previously trapped.
I was confused by that whole bit, my interpretation was that Kitsune freed Chi-You and he somehow interacted with his family and caused a massive explosion that killed them all. I'm probably wrong, though. Like I said, it was confusing. Still, the explosion doesn't seem to indicate that they were trapped but rather wiped out.