The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #121
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Did it come out today?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #122
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Son of Ch'rell*** View Post
Did it come out today?
Yep, I picked it up.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #123
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I took a look at the Color Classics #2 today, but didn't feel like picking it up. I like what they did with the colors on the Mousers, they do look pretty memorable. April's jumpsuit looked purple to me though; I don't know if it was intentional, but it seemed like an odd change considering it was clearly dark blue on the 3rd print cover, the First Comics TPB colorization, and the NECA action figure.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #124
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I took a look at the Color Classics #2 today, but didn't feel like picking it up. I like what they did with the colors on the Mousers, they do look pretty memorable. April's jumpsuit looked purple to me though; I don't know if it was intentional, but it seemed like an odd change considering it was clearly dark blue on the 3rd print cover, the First Comics TPB colorization, and the NECA action figure.
Got it. Liked it. Wished for the hell of it they made April's suit yellow. But oh well. I did notice there was hardly any actual action in the issue, but the story was still cool. Plus, they didn't censor or change the line about Baxter threatening to bring the Twin Towers down.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #125
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

When does issue 11 come out?? I thought it was suppose to come out today and Splinter come out next week????Did MS just mistakenly switch them????
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #126
rich
Mad Scientist

#11 is next week and Splinter was today...these release date changes were communicated a little over a week ago in their respective threads.

Splinter

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #127
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
When does issue 11 come out?? I thought it was suppose to come out today and Splinter come out next week????Did MS just mistakenly switch them????
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
#11 is next week and Splinter was today...these release date changes were communicated a little over a week ago in their respective threads.

Splinter

Exactly the reason why having the date listed is not conclusive proof as to when the comic will actually be released. However I will correct what I have so it is accurate.

-ms
Old 06-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #128
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:

Splinter

Ok gotcha thanks Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Exactly the reason why having the date listed is not conclusive proof as to when the comic will actually be released. However I will correct what I have so it is accurate.

-ms
Well MS I dont mind, bc I rely on this thread so much...keep up the good work
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #129
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post

-ms
This probably won't be the first time someone will get confused. It might be a good idea to mention at the very top "release dates are subject to change." I'd rather have a tentative date than no date at all. Anyhow, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thanks for taking this on!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #130
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
This probably won't be the first time someone will get confused. It might be a good idea to mention at the very top "release dates are subject to change." I'd rather have a tentative date than no date at all. Anyhow, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thanks for taking this on!
Thanks for the tip! Will add the note.

-ms
Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #131
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

D'oh, I meant this probably won't be the last time someone will get confused, but you got what I meant! -___-
Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #132
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I'm just glad to have finally ordered everything coming out this month...
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #133
Scanderson
Hench Mutant

IDW SDCC exclusive Ultimate Collection v.1-3 is up for pre-order today on IDW website. Only available for pick up at the convention, and limited to 40 books. Got mine today. Black and white variant edition.
Scanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #134
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanderson View Post
IDW SDCC exclusive Ultimate Collection v.1-3 is up for pre-order today on IDW website. Only available for pick up at the convention, and limited to 40 books. Got mine today. Black and white variant edition.
Hey Scanderson...thanks for the notice on this. This was the first I'd heard about it.

For you TMNT collectors or completists (or just for general clarification): At $200 this is quite an investment so I was curious as to what this "slipcase" edition was all about. I contacted IDW regarding this to get the details regarding the actual books inside.
The 3 books as part of this set are not SDCC or Comic-Con editions as that is not denoted anywhere on the books or the slipcase. The 3 volumes of the TMNT Ultimate Collection HC B&W cover editions are combined as a "Deluxe Slipcase Set" which can only be pickup up at the 2012 Comic-Con (i.e., no shipping available). Volumes 1-3 included in this set are the exact same B&W "convention variants" of the TMNT Ultimate Collection HC available for purchase separately. The slipcase itself that these 3 books are housed in will only be available with this "Deluxe Slipcase Set."
What I don't see anywhere (and didn't hear from IDW about) is the "limited to 40" sets. While this may be true, I can't find anything that supports this.

EDIT: ...and, as is typical, someone already has 2 up for sale on eBay at double the IDW price...

...and someone else (the same guy that tries to sell the individual books for $270 each) has this for $500...

Last edited by rich; 06-23-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #135
Scanderson
Hench Mutant

Thanks Rich for the info! as for the edition size, the IDW website says that there are "only 40 of the Black-and-white convention-only exclusives" available.
Scanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #136
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanderson View Post
Thanks Rich for the info! as for the edition size, the IDW website says that there are "only 40 of the Black-and-white convention-only exclusives" available.
OK, I found it...I was looking at the IDW store site before

Old 06-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #137
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Where is TMNT Classics Volume 1?!! I reserved it at B&N and they don't have it yet!!!!!!!!!
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #138
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
Where is TMNT Classics Volume 1?!! I reserved it at B&N and they don't have it yet!!!!!!!!!
It's delayed...release date is unknown.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #139
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It's delayed...release date is unknown.
Oh well, at least it's only delayed. I hope it comes out soon and doesn't get released with the other TMNT books I have to get from there in late July.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #140
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Hey just wanted to mention that you forgot to put up IDW Ongoing Volume 3 TPB Shadows of the Past. It's listed on B&N's website for a 9/18 release. Just thought I'd let you know.

Tags
comic discussion, tmnt