The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #61
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Of course this is Jurassic Park part 5.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:49 PM   #62
sdp
-

Ian Malcolm made no sense as the main character for TLW, he was used because the book had him but the movie is nothing like the book so why keep Ian? I know I wanted Grant for Jurassic Park 2 as a kid, at least we got him back for 3.

As a kid I loved JP and wanted JP2 so badly, I always expected it to be like the Series II figures of the toyline and the JP// Chaos Effect SNES game which dealt with trying to take control back of the park and recovering the embryos in the shaving cream but that never happened.

I was so mad that the viral websites for JW basically contained information that the reconstruction of the park and hints of the ACU Unit we see in JW basically doing everything I wanted for a sequel but here it was done off-screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sidenote: why is everyone calling the new movie JW2? It's clearly Jurassic Park 5, more evident than ever with their bringing back Malcolm now. I doubt "World" will even be in the title.
Universal itself made sure to specify they were two different brands, Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. They even have two official twitter accounts depending on the brand so they seem to want to handle it this way.

Also they wanted to set up JW as the first of a new trilogy and they will all be linked somewhat and not necessarily directly related to say the original trilogy. Hell Isla Sorna is never even mentioned in JW. So yeah the JP fandom thinks the next movie will be JW:Subtitle or Jurassic _____, hence the fanon named JW Trilogy or Jurassic Trilogy.

But yeah it's indeed Jurassic Park 5 and that's awesome, they actually mentioned this movie would have more links to the first movie than JW, whatever that may mean since JW is fairly linked to JP1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Because its not Jurassic Park 5 in name, and Malcolm has a supporting role as opposed to being the main.
Ian Malcolm reportedly will have a big role in the movie, he's not just a quick appearance like Ellie Sattler in JP/// or Hammond and the kids in TLW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Just read JW2 might not take place on an island. So that would make more sense for him to get involved somehow. I mean because the notion was they wouldn't purposely return to an island with dinosaurs.

I really hope it deals with either 2 separate parks which I think was mentioned or the mainland.
We know for a fact that at least some parts of the movie have to take place in Isla Nublar since they filmed in Hawaii and re-used some set pieces of JW. There were rumors that it would take place in London because it was going to be filmed there but it was later confirmed they were only filming there but the movie did not take place in London.

Will all the movie be in the islands? I think it's likely but if it isn't then at least a big part will. I actually think a lot of it will take place in a laboratory. They seem to be going for a scary/thriller movie with this one based on some comments like "since this movie will come out 3 years later the kids who grew up with it will be teenagers" and "It'll be scarier and more mature".
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:29 PM   #63
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I see a rumor that it's about Owen trying to rescue dinosaurs from Ingen and the government trying to bomb the island. Who knows. Only the filmmakers know.

I just hope it's not essentially the same "Dinos escape - run for your life" idea. I really liked JW but it was still basically like the others except for the fight.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #64
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Trevorrow Talks Ian Malcolm’s Return in Jurassic World Sequel
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...reUYrIt0lkC.99

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #65
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Jurassic World 2 is being described as a Spanish Horror Thriller with Dinosaurs.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ju.../1100-6451050/

"It is by far my favorite creative collaboration that I've ever been involved in," he said, via Collider. "Bayona is a completely different kind of filmmaker and thinker than I am, yet we do have a lot of things in common. I was able to craft something specifically for another filmmaker that I admire. I built a Spanish horror thriller with dinosaurs in it that I probably wouldn't have built for myself."

Trevorrow went on to state that he thought Jurassic World 2 would be even better than the first one. "I think that it's gonna be a better movie. I just do," he said. "It's just deeper, it's more character-based, it definitely leans into suspense especially in the second half.

"I've started to see stuff come together and it's just insane. I apologize to those who thought they were never gonna need to see another Jurassic World movie, because I think J.A. Bayona is gonna prove [them] wrong."
Old 06-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #66
snake
Disgusting

Spanish horror? What?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #67
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Jurassic World 2=Spanish Horror???
Uh.....ok.
Sooo weird
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #68
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

The only Spanish horror I can think of is the REC joints.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:52 PM   #69
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

...I hope it's not going to be like a Spanish soap opera...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:28 PM   #70
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
...I hope it's not going to be like a Spanish soap opera...
I can see it now:

JURASSIC WORLD 2
The Telenovela

DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:14 AM   #71
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

There are rumors that something about this movie is being released today. I doubt it's any real footage. Probably the title.

Update: yep - title and teaser poster

Last edited by NinjaPug; 06-22-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #72
sdp
-

Terrible title and poster. The poster rehashes the Lost World's' broken logo and has the ugly all silver JW one. The title just doesn't fit JP, I think a JW 2 was a better title. And the tagline is only a quote from the first movie. Meh.

They waited that long for such a crappy title?
Old 06-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #73
Powder
So tired of this place

I am ready for this movie. Need me some dinosaur action.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:58 PM   #74
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Old 12-03-2017, 06:32 PM   #75
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Finally after all this time, wondering wondering who we are..... I mean movie wondering about this movie bad TMNT 2 pun
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #76
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Here is Chris Pratt talking about it.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:07 PM   #77
sdp
-

Hyped as hell and only movie I'm really looking forward to in full nerd mode.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:05 AM   #78
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Judging from the little tease, there running from some volcano eruption on the island the Dinosaurs are living at, I wonder if the story revolves around some evacuation effort for the Dinosaurs? cause you see a T-Rex looking like it was tranquilized in a semi truck on the video with Chris Pratt.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:12 AM   #79
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

It looks like the park the dinosaurs are in will be destroyed by a severe volcanic eruption. I'm betting they'll have to move them to a secure place on the mainland, holding them there until they can either repair the damage to the old park, or set them up in a new one.

I am wondering if a Styracosaurus (the spiky frilled ceratopsian whose skull the girl is standing in front of) is going to be the 'villain' for this movie? They've already done the 'meat-eaters as final bosses' thing in the last 4 movies, having a supposed herbivore wreck things would be a nice change.

Reason I say this is because that pretty scene also gives me a slightly ominous feel, like there is something 'dangerous' about this creature. Like maybe they (re)created this thing and find out it's species tended to be as thoroughly nasty as some of the feared carnivores? They do seem to bring back these long dead animals almost recklessly and only find out later (the hard way too) how little they know about them. I mention this as right now there is a theory going around that some of the ceratopsians might have been omnivorous instead of strict herbivores, and so somebody may find out that these 'gentle giants' are not so gentle.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #80
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Judging from the little tease, there running from some volcano eruption on the island the Dinosaurs are living at, I wonder if the story revolves around some evacuation effort for the Dinosaurs? cause you see a T-Rex looking like it was tranquilized in a semi truck on the video with Chris Pratt.
From the merchandising and the rumours, it seems the evacuation of the dinosaurs from the vulcano explosion is going to be a major plot point.

Tags
spanish horror, spanish whore