The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 04-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #121
sdp
-

A debtor seeks to maximize the recovery from the sale of an estate asset, rest assured that no matter what the debts are not going to be recovered so they want to at the very least get the most that they can. It could also be because the bid is not secure and it can fall through. They just want to minimize the losses.

Toyfair 2019 will be depressing.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:58 PM   #122
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Toys R Us will live on in Canada
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...u-s/548377002/

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #123
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Welp, it's 28 days before Toys R Us closes it's doors for good, and since I only work there on weekends now....this is going to be brutal. I've never been part of something like this and I'm not looking forward to it. Woohoo.

Old 06-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #124
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Welp, it's 28 days before Toys R Us closes it's doors for good, and since I only work there on weekends now....this is going to be brutal. I've never been part of something like this and I'm not looking forward to it. Woohoo.
Hey how much is the inventory discounted down to now?
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:17 PM   #125
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
My local store is 40%-50%.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #126
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
40 to 60%

will prolly go higher this week

Old 06-02-2018, 07:53 PM   #127
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
After now seeing a few commercials about it just recently I'd wondered if closure was coming up soon. So sad. Will stop in at least once more... There is a kid's TMNT chair I'd been considering.

I know the remaining days, esp the weekends, are prob gonna be rough. As tough as it was at my store, I don't envy working in a store where the entire company is closing. Hang in there. It'll be crazy, but it'll hopefully get easier closer to the end as the merchandise becomes much less to deal with.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #128
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

My city lost K-Mart, Sears, and Toys 'R Us in a matter of four months. The age of department stores is over.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:50 PM   #129
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
My city lost K-Mart, Sears, and Toys 'R Us in a matter of four months. The age of department stores is over.
K-Mart closed up shop here several years ago. The Sears here was just listed in the last week as closing...sad part is that Toys R Us is next door to Sears...
Old 06-07-2018, 04:45 PM   #130
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Interesting
https://nypost.com/2018/06/06/former...salvage-chain/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...re-liquidating

Old 06-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #131
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, if KB can try to come back, maybe TRU can try to resurrect someday too in some form.

Was just reading that Friday is the last day. Going to be so sad seeing our only local store sitting there empty after all these years.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #132
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, if KB can try to come back, maybe TRU can try to resurrect someday too in some form.

Was just reading that Friday is the last day. Going to be so sad seeing our only local store sitting there empty after all these years.

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blo...1-293x300.jpeg
Dat image tho. Dang.

Since I was doing some driving yesterday morning before work, I decided to have a look at the TRU near me, and I thought it was the last day where they'd be selling things. They were already closed though.

I was at a mall today where there was a TRU, and kids made these "goodbye notes" to put on display in the window.

Spoiler:

Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:09 AM   #133
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Dat image tho. Dang.

Since I was doing some driving yesterday morning before work, I decided to have a look at the TRU near me, and I thought it was the last day where they'd be selling things. They were already closed though.

I was at a mall today where there was a TRU, and kids made these "goodbye notes" to put on display in the window.

Man Storm Eagle, that got me in the feels. I hated hearing this news earlier this year. Of course for all of the employees who would lose their jobs but also for all of the kids now and beyond. It was tough for me to hear the news because I have so many great memories of going there as a kid. It was a magical place for a kid to go and spend time in a store like that. I feel really sad for all of the kids who had to say good bye to it now and for kids in the future who may never see a toy store like Toys R Us again. To me the fun and memories in Toys R Us are priceless and it's really tough to see them go. I'll always be a Toys R Us kid.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #134
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Speling

It's funny is how Toys R' Us spell with the R backwards in the logotype, as it's easy to pretend a little child would spell by doing a mistake after just learning reading and writing. (I guess the company wants a childish image)

But when a child spells (I guess that Bella girl is about 5-6 years old), it's correct.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:43 PM   #135
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post

Then there is also the final message TRU has left on their own site.

Spoiler:

Though there is also this from their FB page. So with any luck maybe they'll find a way to stick around or come back in some way.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Aw. Well I suppose it's a good thing though as it sounds like they sold well enough to close early.

I was half temped to go stop in at mine yesterday, but with school out maybe it's best to skip the crowd. Last I was in there maybe a couple weeks ago I'd already made the point of taking a quick look back before I walked out and mentally said goodbye in case that was the last visit.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:49 PM   #136
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Wish I could have stopped by before they closed
Glad to be on vacation but would have loved to see it one more time
Old 06-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #137
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Sad isn't it? Admittedly I do shop online for some things, and I can see the convenience of having it delivered to your door, but sometimes it's easier to just go into a store and physically 'see' everything to make a decision on what you want to buy. Sometimes you'll see unexpected sales in a physical store, which aren't always as obvious online. Also, it's less rewarding to sit and wait for a delivery. With clothing, I HAVE to try them on first, esp. if they are fits, brands, and styles I'm not familiar with (and I'm a weird fit in general).

But Toys R'Us closing is indeed sad, because for some of us on this forum, it's like the end of our childhood memories, Some of us bought our first NES games in those stores in the '80s, and memorable action figures from cartoons and movies. But deep down, we'll all forever be Toys R'Us kids!

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #138
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife and I swung by our "local" one on Rt. 18 on Thursday. We didn't get to get anything; we vowed to each get at least one thing as our way of saying "goodbye", but it's the end of the month so nothing left on the credit card, and we hadn't considered that they'd be strictly doing credit card purchases in the final days and I'm a cash-only kinda guy. So we left empty, but the pickings were beyond slim. Even most of the fixtures had already been sold off or given away. Most of what was left was actually a gigantic mountain of baby wipes. Lots of Steve Trevor action figures, along with Alpha from the Power Rangers reboot, some off-brand stuff, some Jared Leto Joker Bend-'Ems, and of all things, a pile of Paas "Spider-Man 2" sticker book sets. I'm almost 100% sure those must've turned up while they were cleaning the place out, and someone figured "Screw it, try and make a buck."

Pretty depressing altogether. It moved from its original location a few years ago, but it was still technically the same one I went to as a little kid. I feel bad, because we hadn't gone there for a few years until right before Christmas, and now this. Up until about ten years ago, my wife and I used to go every weekend.

This sucks.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #139
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yep, really glad I went last Sunday cause I was stuck at work on Friday, the very last day. My last purchases were Ryu and Ken Funko Pops in unique poses. I think the first thing I ever got from Toys R Us back in the day was the 8-bit Nintendo.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:53 PM   #140
Leo656
The Franchise

First things I remember getting was Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain. But it might've been He-Man figures. Almost definitely one or the other, but it's blurry.

I honestly can't remember if it was K-Mart or Toys R Us, but they had this awesome promotional thing once where He-Man, Skeletor, and She-Ra showed up to take Polaroids with all the kids, and everyone got an awesome poster. My Dad brought me and my sister to that. I want to say it was Toys R Us but the K-Mart around here used to do similar awesome stuff like that, so it's tough to remember.

The last things my wife and I ever bought there ended up being each others' Christmas presents. I got her some Jay & Silent Bob action figures, and an Undertaker box set, and she got me The Legend of Zelda Monopoly, which was technically the Very Last Thing either of us ever bought.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote