The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What should the next movie be?
a continuation of the Original trilogy/ tmnt 2007 7 15.22%
A completely new reboot not connected to anything before it. 39 84.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2017, 11:53 AM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Which part is especially nonsensical to you?
That MCU films are going to go bust in a couple of years. There aren't even early warning signs of that happening... the opposite, if anything.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #62
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That MCU films are going to go bust in a couple of years. There aren't even early warning signs of that happening... the opposite, if anything.
Yeah there hasn't been any sort signifigant drop in box office or mostly negative reviews for any of those movies. The Inhumans premiere was a bust but I think it's safe to discount that because it's not really a movie and got a limited release.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yeah there hasn't been any sort signifigant drop in box office or mostly negative reviews for any of those movies. The Inhumans premiere was a bust but I think it's safe to discount that because it's not really a movie and got a limited release.
Yeah, the Inhumans... thing is much ado about nothing.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #64
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I'd love to see a variety of animated spin off projects--like what Nick has done with their one-off animated TMNT shorts, but with movies instead.

The kiddies could have their version in the 2012 show/Rise, and there'd be a variety of different iterations for everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #65
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Everyone keeps suggesting that Nick "play the field" and offer media for both kiddies and older teens (and up), but that's not gonna happen. Not now, maybe never.

Nick is content to take the grade school slice of the money pie, but we've seen NOTHING to indicate they want to try to "break bad" and make it in the older teen crowd.

I mean, c'mon. This is the age of playing the field... Marvel has kiddie cartoons and toys, mainstream teen movies and merch, and adult collectibles and Netflix shows.

If Nick wanted to get into that mode of business, they'd have already done so.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #66
sdp
-

Like it or not they tried their "appeal to nostalgia" with the PD movies and they're not making a new chapter of an old movie. The only thing left is making an animated movie aimed at kids and we won't get that version for a few years. Best we can hope for another live action movie aimed at kids and adults is in many many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
Preferably a reboot, but if they decided to go sequel, go sequel to the original movie only, like how Jurassic Park did with Jurassic World.
Jurassic World is not a reboot or ignore the other sequels, it's a direct sequel to the first three movies.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #67
Coola Yagami
Overlord

How about the fact that they aren't really shared universes. All if Marvel and all of DC have always been their own universe.

A real shared universe/crossover would be something like Men in Black meeting Ghostbusters. Or hell, the Avengers teaming up with the Justice League.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:54 PM   #68
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
AvengersJustice League isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. They did several crossover stories back in the 80's I think it was, with the likes of Supes/Hulk, Batman/Spider-Man, and a few other team-ups.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:21 AM   #69
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
AvengersJustice League isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. They did several crossover stories back in the 80's I think it was, with the likes of Supes/Hulk, Batman/Spider-Man, and a few other team-ups.
It's still highly improbable though
Old 09-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #70
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Utter nonsense.
How? Ever hear of saturation? I already hear people online complaining about superhero film fatigue.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #71
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
How? Ever hear of saturation? I already hear people online complaining about superhero film fatigue.
I've heard people complaining about that 2 years ago and...?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:34 AM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
And, Pedro...? They're sure not complaining with their wallets.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:37 AM   #73
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
a proper reboot of the Tmnt film franchise should be what we've never gotten before (nor probably ever will)

it needs to be a complete overhaul starting from the very beginning, sticking as closely to the original Mirage comics as possible.

.....that's just my own two cents.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #74
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I've heard complaints about superhero films since 2002. It'll happen eventually, because fads go away eventually. But there are no signs of it happening yet.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:50 AM   #75
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I've heard complaints about superhero films since 2002. It'll happen eventually, because fads go away eventually. But there are no signs of it happening yet.
When something is very popular, there are always a lot of people complaining, some of them just for the sake of complaining.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #76
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

Jurassic World is not a reboot or ignore the other sequels, it's a direct sequel to the first three movies.
It's actually just a direct sequel to the first movie according to director Colin Treverrow. While it doesn't do anything to discredit the fact that the 2nd and 3rd movies happened, it can stand as a direct sequel since it doesn't have any plots related to the other two movies.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #77
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I've heard people complaining about that 2 years ago and...?
Quote:
And, Pedro...? They're sure not complaining with their wallets.
The point is if you milk something for all it's worth eventually people get bored of it because there's too much of it unless you do something to change it up. There's only so many A-list superheroes you can make films from going you have to start adapting C list ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
When something is very popular, there are always a lot of people complaining, some of them just for the sake of complaining.
I don't know. I see legit complaints. Take a popular game series that gets yearly releases and people complain about these endless sequels that don't do anything new each year.

Quote:
Okay.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:34 PM   #78
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

First, there are always people who say these things. "They've milked this. They've milked that." It's hardly an original argument and it has been around for a long time. People have been claiming that Hollywood is unoriginal for decades, insinuating that it was at some point original.

Second, they are not facts, just opinions.

Third, if opinions had a valid impact on the box office, Michael Bay would be managing a Burger King instead of making his trademark bloated, obnoxious movies.

Fourth, saturation is an illusion. What we are dealing with are people who can't see past the major trends and only pay attention to the most marketed films. They look at the 8 or so biggest films of the year, ignore the dozens of others, and whine, "this all Hollywood makes!" and then claim they are not being sheep like everyone else who see these movies, when in fact those are the only movies they willingly pay attention to. There's a lot more variety out there if you actually look for it. Of course, generally these kinds of people also claim superhero movies are devoid of intelligence, yet when they see a film that is bold, thought-provoking, etc., they claim it's boring. Funny how that works.

Finally, these movies (or at least a majority of them) are still making money. It's also worth noting that they have taken risks with a lot of these major films. Civil War is pretty subversive at times and has a final act that I guarantee would have been changed had the film been made years prior.

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 09-28-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:26 AM   #79
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Third, if opinions had a valid impact on the box office, Michael Bay would be managing a Burger King instead of making his trademark bloated, obnoxious movies.

Fourth, saturation is an illusion. What we are dealing with are people who can't see past the major trends and only pay attention to the most marketed films. They look at the 8 or so biggest films of the year, ignore the dozens of others, and whine, "this all Hollywood makes!" and then claim they are not being sheep like everyone else who see these movies, when in fact those are the only movies they willingly pay attention to. There's a lot more variety out there if you actually look for it. Of course, generally these kinds of people also claim superhero movies are devoid of intelligence, yet when they see a film that is bold, thought-provoking, etc., they claim it's boring. Funny how that works.
Bay managing a Burger King sounds like a fantasy I once had
I do agree that there is a lot more going on in the industry people like to admit to, I mean half the time when people watch the Oscars it'll be the first time they've even heard of most of the films that are put up for nomination.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:13 AM   #80
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
Bay managing a Burger King sounds like a fantasy I once had
I do agree that there is a lot more going on in the industry people like to admit to, I mean half the time when people watch the Oscars it'll be the first time they've even heard of most of the films that are put up for nomination.
And a lot of those titles were out there waiting to be discovered by those who claim to love movies, yet only seem to pay attention to those unoriginal, brand-name films they claim to despise.