The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #21
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Better pic of the new villain. Check out that lightsaber:

I was at the panel, the inquisitor looks awesome.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #22
sdp
-

I'm excited, the premise is already more interesting than CW's and that was a fun show, I grew to like the art style so I don't mind this one, there's a lot they can do in the time between EpIII and IV and i hope they don't mess it up, they seem to be on the right track. I hope we see a lot of Jedi that survived order 66, in fact I hope they retcon the whole only like 6 Jedi survived the order, I much prefer the idea of the majority of Jedi dying with Order 66 but a lot of them still had to be hunted down.

This show can also continue many of the storylines they wanted to do in CW's since it's the same crew. It only makes me sad that this probably means we'll never get the live action SW's show set in this same time period. Hope this can last 6 seasons like CW's did.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #23
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

It seems as if this show is going to be more serialized than CW from the stuff I've been watching from NYC panel. That's awesome. I just hope we get more than 2 seasons. I'm worried Disney will cancel this puppy right after episode VII or so since that's what they did with Avengers after the movie came out. It'd be great if the writers could wrap up all the story arcs they started this time. Can't wait to see more teaser material for this show as I'm a big SW fan. The Inquisitor is going to rock and I really hope Hasbro decides to make an updated version of that sweet Imperial Troop Transport we'll be seeing in the show.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #24
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I wonder if there will be any jedi.... maybe Yoda? Ben? Shaak Ti? or maybe a few new ones?? Can't remember who lives through the clone wars?

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #25
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I wonder if there will be any jedi.... maybe Yoda? Ben? Shaak Ti? or maybe a few new ones?? Can't remember who lives through the clone wars?
I'm thinking one of the main characters is going to be a Jedi. Not sure, but I want to say the guys over at the Rebel Force Radio podcast were asking Dave Filoni about that in their most recent episode last week. He couldn't divulge that much info, but the interview is still fun to listen to. I don't know how RFR does it, but they always have spectacular guests as well as interviews.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #26
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

They revealed a new character today: Kanan who is described as a "cowboy Jedi"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...-look/4802651/
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #27
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Nice! Thanks for posting this NP. I wish they'd air the friggin show already. I miss having Star Wars to watch weekly. He seems like he'll be an interesting character.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #28
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
They revealed a new character today: Kanan who is described as a "cowboy Jedi"

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/432d...EB-IA-1348.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...-look/4802651/
Reminds me of Jedi outcast.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 02-12-2014, 01:10 AM   #29
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Oh yeah! That's what was rattling around in my brain when I heard the description. I hope they release an actual trailer for this thing soon. It'd be great if it were in early March similar to the ROTS full trailer back in 05. Can't wait for this thing to start and hoping Disney is as smart with this show as Nick has been with Turtles. With the new trilogy on the horizon, they might have cause to keep this thing on the air for at least 5 or 6 seasons to keep the kiddos interested in SW inbetween movies. I'm really surprised and pleased that Disney wants to tell mature stories like this. I don't watch any of the Marvel shows these days because they're just not up my alley. They canceled all the good ones, and that's all I'm going to say on the matter. However, I'll certainly be glued to this. It's Star Wars, for one thing. I also love the team in charge of this series. I know they're going to do great things with it.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:45 AM   #30
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Oh yeah! That's what was rattling around in my brain when I heard the description. I hope they release an actual trailer for this thing soon. It'd be great if it were in early March similar to the ROTS full trailer back in 05. Can't wait for this thing to start and hoping Disney is as smart with this show as Nick has been with Turtles. With the new trilogy on the horizon, they might have cause to keep this thing on the air for at least 5 or 6 seasons to keep the kiddos interested in SW inbetween movies. I'm really surprised and pleased that Disney wants to tell mature stories like this. I don't watch any of the Marvel shows these days because they're just not up my alley. They canceled all the good ones, and that's all I'm going to say on the matter. However, I'll certainly be glued to this. It's Star Wars, for one thing. I also love the team in charge of this series. I know they're going to do great things with it.

I should think it will be great, Clone Wars was awesome fun to watch, so there is no reason why this shouldn't be.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #31
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Another new character from Rebels:

Quote:
The Force will soon be strong with this one. Meet Ezra, a charismatic teenage con artist who is one of the main characters in the upcoming animated series Star Wars Rebels.

Premiering with a one-hour special this fall on the Disney Channel before moving to Disney XD as a weekly series, Rebels bridges the gap between the two Star Wars movie trilogies. Set in the Outer Rim territories in between Episodes III and IV — also known as 2005's Revenge of the Sith and 1977's A New Hope — the show follows the genesis of the rebellion that ultimately leads to the adventures of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia. Fourteen years after the massacre of most of the Jedi knights in Revenge of the Sith, the Galactic Empire has consolidated power and its despotic intentions are no longer a secret.

When we meet Ezra, he has little interest in becoming a revolutionary. The suave teen has been living on his own on the planet Lothal and is just starting to learn how to use his mysterious new powers. "To survive, instinctively every now and then when he's in a jam he uses the Force," exec producer Dave Filoni says in the exclusive preview video below. "He doesn't call it that. He doesn't know that's what he's doing. He thinks he's got some abilities that are a little strange every now and then, but they help him out. It's instinctive, it's reactionary."

As Darth Vader and Co. begin to expand their grip on the Outer Rim, Ezra will be drawn into the burgeoning rebel alliance. "With Ezra we see how a kid is reacting to this imperial rule," Filoni tells TV Guide Magazine. "That becomes a big question: What is imperial rule like? We've seen it in the movies with a big rebellion that ends up blowing up the Death Star, but do we just assume that when the Empire took over in Revenge of the Sith it was seen as a bad thing? I would challenge that. It wasn't this terrible thing that came in and was cruel to everyone all at once. It was slow to build its power base and spread out, and then we get to see the rebel alliance it affects, and the repercussions of that tyranny."

Ezra is played by Taylor Gray, who starred in the Nickelodeon series Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures. "I'm excited to voice the role of Ezra in Star Wars Rebels but I'm even more excited to be a part of the Star Wars legacy," Gray says. "I can't wait for fans new and existing to come together and see the next chapter in the most legendary tale known in the galaxy."

Filoni chose Gray for the role because his voice wasn't too contemporary. "I don't want to sound like I just went down to the local mall [to cast the role]," says Filoni, who also oversaw the previous Star Wars animated series, The Clone Wars. "There's a rawness to him that feels very authentic. Taylor really seems to be able to occupy the character in this time period of the Star Wars universe. He's a real kid who's out there in the galaxy."

For those hardcore Star Wars fans who might be groaning over such a young protagonist — and Filoni knows you're out there — have no fear, Ezra will be mentored by Kanan, a Jedi who survived the Emperor's purge and is part of the rebel movement. (Freddie Prinze Jr. voices the cowboy-like character.)

Check out this exclusive first look at a preview of the character. And tune in to Disney XD on Monday, Feb. 17 during Kickin' It (6/5c) and Lab Rats (6:30/5:30c) for the premiere of two new teaser trailers for Star Wars Rebels.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #32
snake
Disgusting

I hate the fact that there's so many force sensitive characters. I just want a rag tag gang of heroes taking down the empire, we had Jedi with clone wars, I want something different.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:19 AM   #33
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

looking forward to this, thanks for the info!

Old 02-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #34
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
I should think it will be great, Clone Wars was awesome fun to watch, so there is no reason why this shouldn't be.
Disney. Look at what happened to Marvel Cartoons just when they were finally getting it right and having good shows. Not to mention CW's was kind of a pet project for Lucas, he always said the show would go on for 100+ episodes regardless of ratings, which allowed for the story arcs to continue and the reason the show will never have a real ending because the thought they'd continue for another 100 episodes. Even with similar staff as the CWs it is new management and not the exact same team. I'm excited but I know it won't necessarily be great.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:43 AM   #35
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Disney. Look at what happened to Marvel Cartoons just when they were finally getting it right and having good shows. Not to mention CW's was kind of a pet project for Lucas, he always said the show would go on for 100+ episodes regardless of ratings, which allowed for the story arcs to continue and the reason the show will never have a real ending because the thought they'd continue for another 100 episodes. Even with similar staff as the CWs it is new management and not the exact same team. I'm excited but I know it won't necessarily be great.
Well fingers crossed it's on the same wave length as clone wars in story quality.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #36
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'm looking forward to the series as well. BTW, Some of the ship designs are revealed in some recent LEGO models. I can't wait to buy these!

It's not apparent from the pics, but these two ships actually combine, but are sold separately.

Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #37
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Poster of the main cast:
Spoiler:

Old 02-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #38
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #39
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Well I know what I'll have to put on my birthday and Christmas wishlists. Really wanting some of the ships for the 3.75 inch figs.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:00 AM   #40
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Way more excited for this than clone wars.

Can't express how happy I am that the 'clone wars' chapter of SW is closing... FINALLY, almost 12 years since Episode II came out, whew.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote