The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 12-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #1041
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

lol yeah Bubbly, I like them too. We finished book 2 a while ago and need to start 3. I can't believe how cruel and manipulative Allison is! She reminds me of the female version of Darth Sidious from Star Wars in a way. And interesting how this type of behavior begets the same in the A character. Becca's also found these old American Girl books that came with some dolls she got back in like 91 or 92 so she's reading those to me as well. I enjoy it when she shares things from her childhood with me so we often get a little sidetracked when reading the more recently released books from other series.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #1042
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, Ali is very manipulative, yet Emily is the one who really puts her on a pedestal. I won't reveal any more until you continue the series but once you do, I'd love to discuss them with you. So, what did you think of the second book then? I was shocked at the ending for sure.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #1043
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Reading Jeff Smith's Thorn

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #1044
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

Working my way through 'The Mortal Instruments' series, I've literally devoured three of these in a fortnight. I'd really like to see the film now but I'll have to wait a little while longer until it comes out on DVD. I wouldn't say they're the most mentally stimulating books I've ever read but they're fun and I'm really enjoying them.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #1045
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, Ali is very manipulative, yet Emily is the one who really puts her on a pedestal. I won't reveal any more until you continue the series but once you do, I'd love to discuss them with you. So, what did you think of the second book then? I was shocked at the ending for sure.
Yeah, we were pretty shocked when we reached the end of book 2. We watched the first two seasons but we both agree that we like the books a little better than the show. The suicide certainly mirrors how some teens choose to deal with this form of bullying in the 21st century. I remember reading an article on the Net about a young girl who had unfortunately chosen the same path as Toby due to pretty much the same situation. I'm thinking Becca wants to re-read the first 2 before moving on to 3 as we've left this series on the back burner for a few months. I'd really like to move on though lol.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #1046
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Currently reading Vision of The Future, the second book in the Star Wars: The Hand of Thrawn duology. It's the longest SW novel written to date lasting at around 700 pages. Love this one so much better than the abridged version I had back in the late 90's. Several characters and battles were cut out of that one. After this one, I'll be readingSurvivor's Quest, a stand-alone SW novel. Then, I'll move on to the unabridged New Jedi Order series.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #1047
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Yeah, we were pretty shocked when we reached the end of book 2. We watched the first two seasons but we both agree that we like the books a little better than the show. The suicide certainly mirrors how some teens choose to deal with this form of bullying in the 21st century. I remember reading an article on the Net about a young girl who had unfortunately chosen the same path as Toby due to pretty much the same situation. I'm thinking Becca wants to re-read the first 2 before moving on to 3 as we've left this series on the back burner for a few months. I'd really like to move on though lol.
Yeah, I like the books better, too, though I also love the show and continue to watch it despite the changes. I just hope they keep some plots similar to the book especially one plot I really hope they do that I can't reveal yet.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #1048
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, I like the books better, too, though I also love the show and continue to watch it despite the changes. I just hope they keep some plots similar to the book especially one plot I really hope they do that I can't reveal yet.
I bet I would have to do very little convincing to get Becca back into the show. Besides, she wants to start reading the Walking Dead comics as well as watch the show. So that should be a cakewalk. Her dad even likes the PLLs TV show. It's hilarious because he rarely watches stuff like that. He's more of a Criminal Minds/Law and Order type. I think he enjoys riding around inside the heads of the more manipulative characters. He and his entire family have always enjoyed studying criminal behavior. I gotta say, it's pretty interesting. Not sure what types of problems Allison has but she is one sick and twisted sister.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #1049
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, she's twisted all right, and you'll see why as you keep reading.

As for what happened to Toby, that was more because Ali held it over his head what he did to Jenna, but Emily never knew about that. She only assumed that he killed Ali, and that's what she was referring to when she said to him, "I know what you did to her." He thought she knew about what he did with Jenna, and I think he just went over the edge because of his guilt over that and killed himself because of it.

Seriously, you're going to learn more about Ali to come in the books as well as learn who A is in the fourth book.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #1050
Allio
Foot Elite

just finished re-reading the chapters of Abnormal-kei Joshi

All the girls are such awesome freaks, love them
Old 12-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #1051
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Cyndere's Midnight by Jeffery Overstreet, the 2nd in a 4 book series. I'm a slow reader though. I read a chapter a day before I go to bed.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #1052
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I'm reading Sensation Comics #1, featuring Wonder Woman

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #1053
Prowler
Emperor

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami

Liked Norwegian Wood and The Elephant Vanishes, so I decided to read another of his books. He seems formulaic when it comes to characterization, but for some reason, I enjoy his writing style and his stories.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #1054
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Just got three new Pretty Little Liars books, and I'm reading Ali's Pretty Little Lies right now. So far, a very good read, and I can't wait to read more.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #1055
discordiatookie
facehugger

Joyland by Stephen King. Got it for my Christmas and it is magnificent!

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #1056
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Finished Ali's Pretty Little Lies on Thursday, finished Crushed yesterday, and am in the middle of Deadly right now.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #1057
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Joyland by Stephen King. Got it for my Christmas and it is magnificent!
Glad you like that one. I bought it last summer and devouret in around 2 days or so. Have you read Doctor Sleep?
Old 12-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #1058
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Finished Ali's Pretty Little Lies on Thursday, finished Crushed yesterday, and am in the middle of Deadly right now.
Bubbly tarin some books up lately lol! I'm doing the same over the holidays, actually. Sometimes I get in the habbit of doing nothing but reading in my spare time. Well actually it's more like most of the time when I've got down time these days since there are no new TV show episodes to watch. But even when there are, I try to read at least an hour most evenings.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #1059
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Hey that's what you do when you have no job and nothing else to really watch at night sometimes. And now I'm rereading the entire PLL series to see how it all connects. I always love doing that.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #1060
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Currently reading the 9th unabridged book in the New Jedi Order series, Star by Star. Told myself I'd take a break from the series after book 8 and read some Stephen King but that hasn't happened yet. My better half is wanting to read the SW novels as well so we're on book 2 of the Han Solo trilogy.