The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your ethnicity?
White, primarily 26 60.47%
African American, primarily 3 6.98%
Mixed (explain) 5 11.63%
Asian 1 2.33%
Middle Eastern 0 0%
Hispanic 7 16.28%
Other 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2017, 04:48 AM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I bet some of our great grandpappies were slave owners or mass murderers or sired 15 children among multiple women. Seriously, knowing how people lived prior to the 1900's is not a good thing.

Everytime I think about people born prior to say...1920 or so, I think about what sad miserable lives they must have had. Not because of the lack of technology, but because of how ignorant the world was, how there were wars every year, diseases that killed people young, crime and mass murder, women and minorities had no say and were treated like slaves or dirt, etc.

Thank god we were born in the right time period, as well as our parents to a lesser extent. Some of our grandparents even didn't live such good lives, I know both of my grandparents were in World War II, who knows how many people they killed.
Most people didn't own slaves. You had to be really wealthy and own lots of land and property to be able to house and feed slaves on a daily basis.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote