The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-25-2018, 12:46 AM   #461
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What do you mean? I figured it out immediately the moment "you have to sacrifice something you love" while he's simultaneously dragging her up there. And then the scene went on for like 3 or 4 minutes. She had plenty of time.

To do what, though? I don't know. But certainly something better than what she did. Maybe.
She didn't think he loved her though.

There were a few chances for him to be stopped, I'd have expected it to be one or more of the major characters who do that also.
Anyway, he had to win...for now..
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:54 AM   #462
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
She didn't think he loved her though.

There were a few chances for him to be stopped, I'd have expected it to be one or more of the major characters who do that also.
Anyway, he had to win...for now.. so..
It actually doesn't bother me at all. On a list of 10 things that bother me about Infinity War, "Not showing Thanos conquer Xandar or at least bust them up a bit" probably ranks #1, "Starlord knowingly causing the deaths of trillions of people but just saying f*** it" probably ranks #2 (I know, right? genocide is #2, but hey). The Gamora thing would be like #20. If at all. But she could have done something. Or better put, she could have acted more intelligently and intuitively, even if we'd be ultimately shown Thanos would be one or two steps ahead of her regardless. As-is she's just this clueless sacrificial lamb. Which maybe I'd be OK with if I was, like, a big Gamora fan from the comics or something and knew that that's just the way she is (is she? I have no idea... she seemed reasonably smart in Guardians 1 and 2)... but I'm not. I only know Gamora from the movies and she doesn't appear to be like, as dumb as portrayed in this movie.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-25-2018 at 01:14 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #463
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What do you mean? I figured it out immediately the moment "you have to sacrifice something you love" while he's simultaneously dragging her up there. And then the scene went on for like 3 or 4 minutes. She had plenty of time.

To do what, though? I don't know. But certainly something better than what she did. Maybe.
Yeah, you're right. Saw it again with some friends who hadn't gotten a chance yet, and I way misremembered that scene. Even after "these tears are not for you," she has a solid minute. Thanos still would've stopped her, but she had enough time for another plan.

On another note, it's crazy how strong this movie is going still. Even up against Deadpool and Solo, the 7:15 show last night was sold out. Insane.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:04 PM   #464
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
On another note, it's crazy how strong this movie is going still. Even up against Deadpool and Solo, the 7:15 show last night was sold out. Insane.
Ya know after seeing Deadpool 2, it's like it was good but it just doesn't seem to have much rewatchability. I don't feel like I'll watch it again for years, if ever. With Avengers: Infinity War I felt like I could watch it again to digest it more thoroughly since there was so much going on, and I might even see it a third time before it leaves theaters. I haven't seen a movie twice in theaters in years. I feel like Solo is gonna be the same kind of one-and-done movie watching experience, no rewatchability. It really didn't even need to be made at all, no one was clamoring for a Han Solo origin story.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:39 PM   #465
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Looks like there will be a Infinity War Special Edition at a later date with 30 minutes of Thanos's Backstory that was cut from the film. They mention it at the 3:53 mark
Old 07-02-2018, 05:57 PM   #466
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Old 07-02-2018, 05:59 PM   #467
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

Looks like there will be a Infinity War Special Edition at a later date with 30 minutes of Thanos's Backstory that was cut from the film. They mention it at the 3:53 mark
Will it be on Blueray exclusively or will there be a special edition of Infinity War on DVD as well?
Old 07-02-2018, 06:01 PM   #468
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Will it be on Blueray exclusively or will there be a special edition of Infinity War on DVD as well?
Don't know but most Special Editions are now Blu Ray only. BVS Extended Cut was Blu Ray only.

it looks like there won't be any Thanos cut. Turns out nothing was filmed

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 07-03-2018 at 08:23 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
askthepolice, avengers cuck wars, avengers infinite sjws, captain americuck, cuckvengers, infinity cucks, thankyouquicksilver, the incredible cuck, whereisthelaser?