The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #21
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Nice find I feel much better about the movie now and especially since Kevin Eastman is working along side the Director it should be incredible. December 25th 2013 couldnt arrive any faster
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #22
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

That was my first thought I am glad I didn't get to excited over it and my first instincts were correct
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Well, this is cool. I feel more comfertable about the movie now.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #24
Donnie
Something from the Past

This is good news indeed. At least the director has knowledge of or has read some Mirage books. Plus, the way he talked about Kevin Eastman made me more comfortable...could be premature, but I think we're going to get an awesome film...

I think Andrew's right that the way he sounded was like the script wasn't even done yet - I think this alien origin, if there was one, is going to be going through some changes because of the outrage it caused. If it's true, I'm proud!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #25
azrael
Mad Scientist

Turtles Director talks about Alien Hubbub

Anything we expand will tie right into the mythology, so I think fans will go apes*** when they see it
Old 03-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Yeah, it even made my local paper with his comment about it. I guess this really has caused a firestorm. I am not worried about this though. Bay is but one person in a whole mess of people invovled in TMNT now. It would be nice if we can learn who exactly makes decisions Ninja Turtles-wise or who exactly is assigned to oversee the property.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #27
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Interesting article, but it really doesn't shed any light on the alien controversey. Though as long as they don't do or say anything to add more fuel to the fire, hopefully things will turn out okay.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #28
azrael
Mad Scientist

looks like Eastman is working close with this. I wonder how much involvement they had when the 1st movie (and sequals) were being released.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael View Post
looks like Eastman is working close with this. I wonder how much involvement they had when the 1st movie (and sequals) were being released.
The article said one of the original creators is working close on the project. That told me without saying it that the person in question was Kevin Eastman. I wonder why he decided to associate himself with it again after he went to all the trouble of selling Peter his half of the franchise? I do recall Kevin being the one to green light Venus so I don't know if he learned his lesson with that or will embrace and try to sell the alien angle.

Take a look at Peter's blog. It should have the answers. Quite a bit I would say on TMNT I and while not as much on II and III that determined the direction amd some plot points. TMNT of course Peter had a heck of a lot of say.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #30
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I love how the first sentence is attacking the fans' outrage by saying, "Any idiot knows the ooze is of alien origin..." True, but just because the ooze is of alien origin doesn't mean that hearing the words "These Turtles are from an alien race" won't give fans pause. There's a difference between the ooze being from an alien race and the Turtles themselves being from an alien race.

Andrew's right, I think as much is being read into this as was read into the Bay comment. He didn't come out and say Bay misspoke, he just said, "Well the ooze was alien so..."

This does take the edge off, a little, and hopefully it'll quail some of the Anit-Bay anger this whole fiasco has generated, but I'm still very cautiously optimistic. I mean, we Turtle fans have been bitten before.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, is the whole "We've got Kevin Eastman involved so..." rationale starting to get less and less comforting?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 03-23-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #31
azrael
Mad Scientist

I dont think anything will ever replace TMNT movie 1.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #32
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=36982

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #33
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Well,I liked TMNT II a little better personally. While it had Shredder as well I liked seeing the mutants. I would like to have confirmation that Shredder will appear. Any TMNT movie has potential of being great but Shredder being involved makes it all the better!
Old 03-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #34
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Sad but true. At least we'll always have that.

All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #35
azrael
Mad Scientist

2 was my favorite growing up but I burnt myself out on that.

1 as I grew up so did my love for that movie.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #36
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I agree TMNT 1 is a masterpiece IMO and will always be my favorite but I welcome as many new movies with the Turtles as they can give us
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #37
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
2 was my favorite growing up but I burnt myself out on that.

1 as I grew up so did my love for that movie.
I think that is what makes me different from Michelangelo and you. I have the same favorite order of favorites of the turtles a,favorite version, favorite episodes and such and it has never changed since I was really little. I guess I know what I like and stick with it.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #38
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He doesn't say that anywhere in the interview. Not even the existance of any ooze. He's only pointing out the Mirage origin as a rationalization for the "the Turtles are from an alien race" comment while not addressing it directly. In fact, in the next breath he pretty much says they don't even know what the origin is yet.
actually, no he doesn't talk specifically that they don't know yet what the ORIGIN is but what the completed picture of the movie will look like..at least that's what his words aresaying to me...AND what he says about michael bay in that little sentence is:we shouldn't take for granted that what michael bay/any one person is saying right now about this film is giving a clear picture about what the film will be in the end because this is filmmaking and they don'T know it a hundered procent yet either at this stage of the process...
sorry, don't want to piss on all your comments here but just read some of them here, then checked out the interview myself and found this thing where Ithink your missinterpreting his words a little...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #39
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I love how the first sentence is attacking the fans' outrage by saying, "Any idiot knows the ooze is of alien origin..." True, but just because the ooze is of alien origin doesn't mean that hearing the words "These Turtles are from an alien race" won't give fans pause. There's a difference between the ooze being from an alien race and the Turtles themselves being from an alien race.

Andrew's right, I think as much is being read into this as was read into the Bay comment. He didn't come out and say Bay misspoke, he just said, "Well the ooze was alien so..."

This does take the edge off, a little, and hopefully it'll quail some of the Anit-Bay anger this whole fiasco has generated, but I'm still very cautiously optimistic. I mean, we Turtle fans have been bitten before.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, is the whole "We've got Kevin Eastman involved so..." rationale starting to get less and less comforting?
I was all prepared to type up a response but can't find words that say it any better than you do. 100% agree.

(Also: I'm kinda drunk, so there's that.)

All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
actually, no he doesn't talk specifically that they don't know yet what the ORIGIN is but what the completed picture of the movie will look like..at least that's what his words aresaying to me...AND what he says about michael bay in that little sentence is:we shouldn't take for granted that what michael bay/any one person is saying right now about this film is giving a clear picture about what the film will be in the end because this is filmmaking and they don'T know it a hundered procent yet either at this stage of the process...
sorry, don't want to piss on all your comments here but just read some of them here, then checked out the interview myself and found this thing where Ithink your missinterpreting his words a little...
I guess that's not untrue. He's basically saying exactly this:

"Look, Turtle fans, we don't know for sure if the Turtles are going to be aliens in the movie yet or not but even if they do end up being aliens, fans should know that it wouldn't be too much of a jump since the ooze that mutated them in the Mirage comics was of alien origin. Oh, and Kevin's here."

That's all he's saying. If there is any "hope" to be read in what he's written it's simply that things aren't quite as cemented as we might have thought by this point and things can change... but he isn't saying that they necessarily will, either.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aliens, cancelled media, live action films