The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
DWC
Banned
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
MCU films you have and haven't seen? What about the Dc Original Animated Movies?

Apologies if this thread has been done before.

I've seen every film apart from Iron Man 3 and Thor The Dark World. because I hear they're both rubbish and I don't see the point. I do know there's a big twist in IM3 though and I know what it is.

In recent weeks I watched about 8 films I hadn't seen in preparation for Infinity War and I am glad I did because I felt far more familiar with the characters. I knew nothing about the Guardians of the Galaxy for instance until I watched their films. They were therefore very familiar when I went to watch IW on Thursday.

In terms of the DC Animated Original Movies line, I have seen about 15 or 16 of those. They're quicker to get through but you feel they could do with being a bit longer than 75-80 minutes. Some of my favourites are The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 an 2, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League: Doom.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 33,934
I've seen all of them besides the new Avengers movie so far, I'll get it in a few weeks when theaters get less crowded.

I've seen all the DC animated movies besides the most recent two so far.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
DWC
Banned
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've seen all of them besides the new Avengers movie so far, I'll get it in a few weeks when theaters get less crowded.

I've seen all the DC animated movies besides the most recent two so far.
Infinity War is awesome, you'll enjoy it a lot matey.

I really need to see the DC animated films that I haven't watched yet. will get around to it. I have seen most of the better ones anyway going by critical response.

Are Thor: TDW and IM3 worth watching nah?

Edit: I haven't seen Black Panther yet either but will next weekn when it comes to BR.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:20 PM   #4
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,476
Iron Man 3 is worth a watch IMO. It got a lot of hate when it first dropped, (mainly because of the twist) but I watched it again for the first time since opening night on my pre-IW MCU rewatch. It's a lot better than it's remembered. At the time, people thought it would be this big follow-up to Avengers, when that was never the intention. It provides a lot of development for Tony's character, and wraps up his trilogy nicely. Even sets up some themes that reoccur in AoU and beyond.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #5
DWC
Banned
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
Iron Man 3 is worth a watch IMO. It got a lot of hate when it first dropped, (mainly because of the twist) but I watched it again for the first time since opening night on my pre-IW MCU rewatch. It's a lot better than it's remembered. At the time, people thought it would be this big follow-up to Avengers, when that was never the intention. It provides a lot of development for Tony's character, and wraps up his trilogy nicely. Even sets up some themes that reoccur in AoU and beyond.
Thanks for the suggestion mate, I will watch it next time I get the chance.

I dislike Age of Ultron btw, found it a slog to get through.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:43 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
Iron Man 3 is worth a watch IMO. It got a lot of hate when it first dropped, (mainly because of the twist) but I watched it again for the first time since opening night on my pre-IW MCU rewatch. It's a lot better than it's remembered. At the time, people thought it would be this big follow-up to Avengers, when that was never the intention. It provides a lot of development for Tony's character, and wraps up his trilogy nicely. Even sets up some themes that reoccur in AoU and beyond.
I think the movie got flak because of the twist, but also because well... not enough Iron Man. I kinda understand that the movie had a 'man behind the suit' theme, to really show exactly what Stark is capable of without the suit, but at the same time.... yeah, we still needed more Iron Man in an Iron Man movie.
__________________
https://markblogofepicrandomness.blogspot.com Check out my blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits my mind.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:49 PM   #7
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,697
I watched everything of the MCU up until Iron Man 3. I felt so deceived by the trailer and didn't feel they were "clever" with their twist that it just kind of killed it for me. I've seen parts of the other movies, some more than others and they all just felt all too similar to me, even the Winter Soldier. The fact that new movies come out every 3 months also didn't help and eventually when I was so behind it just became more of a chore to catch up, especially since I'm a continuity nerd and adding the MCU shows to the "to do list" makes me not want to get into it. I love Marvel heroes though so I'll get to it one of these days, maybe for Avengers 4 which officially "resets" the universe in one way or another.

X-Men? Watched everything up till First Class which I loved. I stopped watching mostly because of being tired with Marvel movies so the MCU is to blame I stopped watching this series. Before Dark Phoenix I'll give it all a re-watch including the ones I haven't seen.

(Sony) Spider-Man? Watched everything so far (Raimi Trilogy, Amazing Duology) and will likely watch Venom. I don't count MCU Spidey as Spidey since it's MCU.

Other Marvel movies? I've watched everything post "superhero" revival with X-Men / Blade. I think the only one that I didn't watch was the DTV of Man thing but yeah everything else. Before the revival I've only watched the 90s Fantastic Four and Punisher movies.

DC Animated Movies? I watched everything until the New 52 take, I'm still curious and will watch them but I hated the designs and the route they were going with the movies so I kinda stopped.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:29 AM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,426
I've seen most of the MCU movies....I think they're vastly overrated, tedious, has minimal stakes and is just nothing but one bad joke after another


The DC animated movies are alright, nothing spectacular, the N52 inspired ones I don't pay much attention to, and at this present moment they feel somewhat outdated due to DC abandoning that set-up in favor of Rebirth.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:33 AM   #9
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,079
Seen all of them. Thor 2 is... marmite, I don't mind it, it does a couple of important things plot wise for starters, and explains why the Collector had the stone for starters. Preferred it to Ironman 3, I think that's the weakness of the films to date. My favourite... hmmm... between Winter Soldier, the first Avengers film, and maybe oddly, Dr Strange, but then again, I think my role playing character is a cross between his personality and Hawkeye's combat skills heh... with a computer like Jarvis as backup (although I created said AI personality before the first Ironman film released, so I had no idea what it was like in the comics!).
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:37 AM   #10
Shark_Blade
Crushing on Casey Jones
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,733
I’ve seen all of them because why wouldn’t anyone?

I don’t want to be ignorant & uncultured. uwu
__________________

Ready for TMNT in Injustice 2?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:35 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,403
I've seen all of MCU movies and shorts except for the Mandarin short. As for DCEU I've not seen Justice League as it's not on Netflix over here yet. And DC Animated Universe, I think I've seen most of them by now
Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:48 AM   #12
Wesley
Mad Scientist
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,083
Iíve seen most MCU films up until Civil War. Lost interest in the MCU after seeing Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron and Civil War, as I found those films mostly boring to watch and havenít watched any more since. My favourite ones are Iron Man 1, Thor 1, Avengers Assemble and Winter Soldier.

Never seen the DC original animated movies.
__________________
Splinter: "Winning is nothing. Doing your best and acting with honour are the only things that matter." (from Wrath of the Rat King)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 AM   #13
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,696
The only Marvel thing I haven't seen is Ironfist, because...I'm all set.
Well that and most of Jessica Jones, but that's because school is winding down.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:52 PM   #14
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,403
Iron Fist was hard to get through, terrible miscast and depiction of Danny. And the start of no-ninja Hand which made them boring, the saving grace was Madam Gao
Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Black Order Initiate
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Iron Fist was hard to get through, terrible miscast and depiction of Danny. And the start of no-ninja Hand which made them boring, the saving grace was Madam Gao
And the appalling lack of Khun-Lun and the dragon.

But I really enjoyed the Meachums. Ward was great.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whyís CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnít do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because heís the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So weíll hunt him because he can take it. Because heís not our hero. Heís a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:41 PM   #16
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Posts: 4,174
I still haven't seen Hulk, Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron, Antman, Spiderman: Homecoming, or Gaurdians of the Galaxy vol 2

I binged watched all (except Hulk) with my boyfriend at the time when the first Avengers came out, but I barely remember large chunks of them.

Trying to remember all of them is a bit of a blur to me, but I think the Thor movies are my favorites for sure. Mostly for Thor himself.

Haven't watched the TV shows, though. Not sure if I particularly want to.
__________________
Resident Overthinker of Inconsequential Biology


To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:46 PM   #17
DWC
Banned
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I still haven't seen Hulk, Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron, Antman, Spiderman: Homecoming, or Gaurdians of the Galaxy vol 2

I binged watched all (except Hulk) with my boyfriend at the time when the first Avengers came out, but I barely remember large chunks of them.

Trying to remember all of them is a bit of a blur to me, but I think the Thor movies are my favorites for sure. Mostly for Thor himself.

Haven't watched the TV shows, though. Not sure if I particularly want to.
Daredevil and Jessica Jones are good (I haven't seen season 2 of JJ yet, just season 1).

I also thoroughly recommend The Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, GotG Vol 2 and SM:Homecoming as you say you haven't seen them. I enjoyed them. I watched about 8 films I hadn't seen in the couple of weeks before IW, and it made everything new and fresh in my mind.

Age of Ultron is pretty rubbish, tbh.

Last edited by DWC; 05-01-2018 at 08:13 PM.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #18
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,586
Wow, pretty eventful 48 hours for the Drome, another duplicate Goku account
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #19
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Posts: 4,174
And somehow the avatar was left on?

The part that I find weird was that the account was made over a year ago and only now did he appear.
__________________
Resident Overthinker of Inconsequential Biology


To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:32 AM   #20
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And the appalling lack of Khun-Lun and the dragon.

But I really enjoyed the Meachums. Ward was great.
Yeah, the Meachums where fun, more then Danny
Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.