The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-04-2016, 11:34 AM   #101
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I'm revising my ranking

Holiday Special
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #102
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I'm revising my ranking

Holiday Special
What about the Ewok Movies?

I don't know how any of you guys can rank any of the prequels higher than 7.

My rank is

Ewok Movies
Old 10-04-2016, 12:02 PM   #103
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He's fine in other movies, I don't know that it's his fault.

Apparently Leonardo DiCaprio was up for the part at one point. That would have been... interesting.
I think Leo would have done an awesome job. I think back to his performance in the departed when he was stuck in that bad vs good. It could have been great.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:02 PM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord

If it weren't due to a few odd writing choices and scenes, Episode 3 could have been as good as the original movies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #105
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If it weren't due to a few odd writing choices and scenes, Episode 3 could have been as good as the original movies.
My huge issues with 3 has always been so Dooku kicks the crap out of Kenobi. Then Anakin kicks the crap out of Dooku. Then after Anakin gives into his fear and hate to become more powerful we are supposed to believe that Kenobi defeats him? Not buying it.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:10 PM   #106
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'd have cut out about half of that Anakin/Obi-Wan fight. It was ridiculous. Like, "ZOMG, how possibly epic can we make this fight??? They can f*ckin' like, jump around on and fight on lava hover boards'n sh*t!" Ugh...

The rest of 3 was mostly OK.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #107
snake
Disgusting

The holiday special is on a whole nother level of sh*t. I'll take prequels over that shitshow anyday
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:06 PM   #108
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I'd have cut out about half of that Anakin/Obi-Wan fight. It was ridiculous. Like, "ZOMG, how possibly epic can we make this fight??? They can f*ckin' like, jump around on and fight on lava hover boards'n sh*t!" Ugh...

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:49 PM   #109
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:

They lost me when they were swinging past each other on cables like the idiot offspring of Tarzan and Errol Flynn. Not only was it pointless, it looked ridiculous.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:00 AM   #110
CyberCubed
Overlord

Episode 8 should be the "Empire Strikes back" of the new trilogy, given this will focus on Luke and his relation with Rey, they'll better establish the underdeveloped villains, and hopefully they'll raise the stakes for the finale.

Mark Hammil didn't get in shape for no reason. We better see Luke doing lots of things in this movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #111
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
They lost me when they were swinging past each other on cables like the idiot offspring of Tarzan and Errol Flynn. Not only was it pointless, it looked ridiculous.
The Auralnauts made a musical parody of the film's climax that highlights the more absurd parts of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #112
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Now I'm not a fan of many things Ep.III did or like the Obi Wan v Vader fight but all those gifs and videos making fun of it aren't a very good representation of the movie, they look goofy because they're being looped and don't actually look like that in the movie.

It just goes to show how prequel haters are a bunch of sheep who repeat the same thing others have criticized to death without looking much into it. Ep.III is filled with terrible things and they choose that?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:09 PM   #113
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Now I'm not a fan of many things Ep.III did or like the Obi Wan v Vader fight but all those gifs and videos making fun of it aren't a very good representation of the movie, they look goofy because they're being looped and don't actually look like that in the movie.

It just goes to show how prequel haters are a bunch of sheep who repeat the same thing others have criticized to death without looking much into it. Ep.III is filled with terrible things and they choose that?
The worst parts of the prequels aren't any more terrible than all the cringeworthy stuff from IV and VI. If the CGI existed in the late '70s/early '80s, they'd probably be even more similar. I guess nostalgia blinds people.

IMO, Empire cut out a lot of the schlocky plot elements and awkward line delivery that pervades the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:00 AM   #114
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Daisy Ridley hints that Rey's parents will be revealed in this film.

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/25/dais...-star-wars-ep/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:04 AM   #115
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
What about the Ewok Movies?
Actually really worth checking out. The first one is kind of whimsical, but even then a bit epic in itself. The second one... wow, surprisingly dark. Very surprisingly dark. In like the first 5 minutes the little girl's little brother (the main character in part 1) and whole family from the first one get murdered, then she goes out for revenge.

Is there a general consensus that these take place before or after Return of the Jedi? Because I've read reasoned arguments both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
The worst parts of the prequels aren't any more terrible than all the cringeworthy stuff from IV and VI. If the CGI existed in the late '70s/early '80s, they'd probably be even more similar. I guess nostalgia blinds people.
Correct.

Quote:
Episode 8 should be the "Empire Strikes back" of the new trilogy
As slavish as they appear to be to every nuance of the OT, I'm sure this is the general idea.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #116
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post

IMO, Empire cut out a lot of the schlocky plot elements and awkward line delivery that pervades the others.
Totally agree about VI, but IV is perfect.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #117
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

The original film has some wooden acting in a few parts, but nothing comes CLOSE to some of the delivery in VI. Especially the part where Han gives Lando the Falcon. That part felt like a parody of gay acting or something.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #118
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Actually really worth checking out. The first one is kind of whimsical, but even then a bit epic in itself. The second one... wow, surprisingly dark. Very surprisingly dark. In like the first 5 minutes the little girl's little brother (the main character in part 1) and whole family from the first one get murdered, then she goes out for revenge.

Is there a general consensus that these take place before or after Return of the Jedi? Because I've read reasoned arguments both ways.

Correct.

As slavish as they appear to be to every nuance of the OT, I'm sure this is the general idea.
I was asking as in where do people rank them in their rankings. I bought the Ewok movies on DVD when they came out about 8 years ago.

I always assumed these were after ROTJ.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #119
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
I was asking as in where do people rank them in their rankings.
I don't think you really can. There's no... star wars in them.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:05 PM   #120
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm pretty sure it was already poised to at least meet the same box office as "The Force Awakens," but does anyone think that Carrie Fisher's passing, particularly with her having completed her role (along with everyone else back in July so I'm not sure why this is suddenly news on all the sites) in the film which is reportedly larger than her role in VII (albeit, which isn't saying much)... is going to galvanize audiences into making Episode VIII an even bigger hit than it was already going to be in a Heath Ledger manner?

Tags
notmyskywalker, star wars, subvert expectations, the last sjw