The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #161
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Eh. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if we saw pics of them. They'd just be in mo-cap suits anyways.
Yeah, I'm hoping we at least see photos of them in the Mo-Cap suits at some point, I just wonder if they will have shots of Bebop and Rocksteady post mutation, During broad daylight, I bet they will cause a bit of destruction in the city.

Another thing, I hope they have maquettes of the two also.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #162
Powder
So tired of this place

One thing I can say for sure is that B&R's designs have been finalized, because a little birdy told me their toy box art has been completed already. This same person got to see some footage of their animation as well, so I guess things are well underway on that front. I won't state my source, but they're 100% reputable.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 07-03-2015, 06:08 PM   #163
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
One thing I can say for sure is that B&R's designs have been finalized, because a little birdy told me their toy box art has been completed already. This same person got to see some footage of their animation as well, so I guess things are well underway on that front. I won't state my source, but they're 100% reputable.
Has this person described what they look like? Do they have a classic design like the concept art that was never used for the 1st movie?
Old 07-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #164
Powder
So tired of this place

They're not really a fan of the TMNT, per se, so they couldn't offer much in terms of their resemblance to past media. I didn't get any hint of their actual appearance other than "They're huge", unfortunately.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #165
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
They're not really a fan of the TMNT, per se, so they couldn't offer much in terms of their resemblance to past media. I didn't get any hint of their actual appearance other than "They're huge", unfortunately.
If there huge, Maybe they are about the size of the IDW version.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:35 PM   #166
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
If there huge, Maybe they are about the size of the IDW version.
They're using motion capture obviously, so there's only a certain degree to how big these things can be. Likely the size of the IDW B and R, but they're not going to be as big as one of the Transformers or something where you need complete CGI.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:47 PM   #167
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
They're using motion capture obviously, so there's only a certain degree to how big these things can be. Likely the size of the IDW B and R, but they're not going to be as big as one of the Transformers or something where you need complete CGI.
Well, Even with the Mo-Cap suit, They can make them look bigger, The Turtles are 6 feet tall and the actors were a little shorter, Which is why they have those balls on the top of there heads, For the eye lines, So I wouldn't be surprise if they do the same for Bebop and Rocksteady.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #168
#MechaFresh
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah man I'd hit that. All'a that.

I love how you can see her nipples when Casey's giving her that massage. I've always loved that. I think 8-year-old me loved it the most, though.
That little bit with April getting the massage from Casey always gave me the tingles when I first watched it I was 7. Those nipples of hers killed it in that little red tank-top. Casey sure displayed some aggression in that scene btw, I never understood that until many years later.

Leonardo: Ninja Shoe Repair?

April: Ninja Video Rentals?

Donatello: Ninja Dentist? Ow!

Old 07-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #169
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
That might not be a bad thing, but I've got some serious reservations. Think your source might find a way to get you a sneak peak?

They can't be that huge, considering they ride those choppers.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #170
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

They're gonna need to be a hell of a lot bigger than the IDW versions to even BEGIN to pose a realistic-looking threat to those Hulk Turtles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:55 PM   #171
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
They're gonna need to be a hell of a lot bigger than the IDW versions to even BEGIN to pose a realistic-looking threat to those Hulk Turtles.
Michael Bay's 6'1 and he's a pretty big threat to them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 07-03-2015, 07:58 PM   #172
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Guys... What if Laura Linney's character is a really, really bad version of Agent Bishop...?
Old 07-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #173
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Michael Bay's 6'1 and he's a pretty big threat to them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Michael Bay is Ebola for beloved franchises.

If the CGI characters are on those bikes, then I hope they're using green screen and putting them in later. No way to make it look big with the real world around them as size reference (*cough* Turtle clown car van). But maybe only the human characters will be on them, CGI might be too big.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-03-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #174
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
That might not be a bad thing, but I've got some serious reservations. Think your source might find a way to get you a sneak peak?

They can't be that huge, considering they ride those choppers.
I highly doubt it, I don't know them well at all & they'd be (in their mind) taking the chance that a leak could occur, which of course would compromise their job. Even if they did trust me with some pictures, I wouldn't run the risk of a wide scale release by sharing them with others.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #175
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
I highly doubt it, I don't know them well at all & they'd be (in their mind) taking the chance that a leak could occur, which of course would compromise their job. Even if they did trust me with some pictures, I wouldn't run the risk of a wide scale release by sharing them with others.
I remember last time, I think people begged and begged you for an idea of what the turtles looked like. That's not where I was going with it. Last time I simply asked if you liked it, and your response told me all I needed to know. I know it's going to be bad... guess i'm just wondering - how bad.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:40 PM   #176
Leo656
The Franchise

I kinda think Bebop and Rocksteady are going to be the best thing about this movie.

Not that it will necessarily be "good", but I do have a gut feeling it will be the Best thing about the entire fiasco.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 07-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #177
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I remember last time, I think people begged and begged you for an idea of what the turtles looked like. That's not where I was going with it. Last time I simply asked if you liked it, and your response told me all I needed to know. I know it's going to be bad... guess i'm just wondering - how bad.
I imagine they'll bear resemblance to the concept art we've seen of them. & whether or not that's good depends on which pieces they stick with. Some were very "right", others quite the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I kinda think Bebop and Rocksteady are going to be the best thing about this movie.

Not that it will necessarily be "good", but I do have a gut feeling it will be the Best thing about the entire fiasco.
I'm sure that'll be the case, which is ironic given how their inclusion is the last thing that comes to mind when I think about how to improve this series. A far more welcomed duo would be new writers, for example...

Old 07-03-2015, 10:22 PM   #178
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Bebop and Rocksteady SHOULD look threatening and scary, just like monsters. They did that to the Turtles, so I doubt Bebop and Rocksteady will look like cuddly kittens.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #179
Commenter 42
Banned

The only thing I've heard, is that they don't look like any of the previous concept art released, but they also don't exactly look like they did in FW.

Then again, that's essentially what we heard about the Turtles in PDMT.

Someone working on the film did say that there is one character in particular that was giving the FX guys grief, as the studio was demanding change after change. They wouldn't say who specifically, but it was one of the main characters.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #180
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
The only thing I've heard, is that they don't look like any of the previous concept art released, but they also don't exactly look like they did in FW.

Someone working on the film did say that there is one character in particular that was giving the FX guys grief, as the studio was demanding change after change. They wouldn't say who specifically, but it was one of the main characters.
I wanna say I heard/read that somewhere too, but personally I think it's BS & that they're just not happy the leaks happened.

As for that second part, I'd guess Krang, given how wildly different his designs have been over the years. Even the concept art varied considerably from piece to piece.

Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation