The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-25-2019, 12:57 PM   #61
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

"My sons, our destiny begins tomorrow and we are way behind." -- Splinter, Shadow of Evil, over 5 months ago.

Yup, very true. And getting truer by the day.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:42 AM   #62
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://screenrant.com/rise-teenage-...ak-reboot/amp/

Screenrant is not thrilled with the series but hold out hope in the second season.

One thing I found common in less popular TMNT incarnations is the lack of Shredder. Perhaps it is a coincidence but it could be a factor.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:27 AM   #63
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's hard to beat an original classic villain I guess.

Personal opinion, there's been some other decent-ish ones, but also plenty of others I was never too impressed with. Sad thing is, Draxum actually has potential to be one of the better additional villains if done right, but he's being underutilized. He aught to have been in a better series that actually wants a consistently continuing and developing plot.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:59 PM   #64
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://screenrant.com/rise-teenage-...ak-reboot/amp/

Screenrant is not thrilled with the series but hold out hope in the second season.

One thing I found common in less popular TMNT incarnations is the lack of Shredder. Perhaps it is a coincidence but it could be a factor.
It is not a concidence. It is because it is i that make the show great. It is i with my mutants and foot ninjas that we make terrible crimes and hurt and fight the turtles and humans that people want to see. They dotn want to see the turtles fighting magical creatures and mutants only like it is happeniing now. Not suprise at all that the show is failing. That why the 2016 movie as you said failed too. Because what both have in common? That i dont fight and beat the turtles . Same reason the 1993 movie failed(the movie when they travelled to japan).
Old 10-29-2019, 03:00 AM   #65
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

I’m just gonna pop in here to say, I like it. It’s a lot of fun and I think it’s good that they did something dramatically different after 2012. I think it has a great deal of potential but it’s far from delivering on a gripping story. They also introduce a bunch of stuff that barely gets explored and that is frustrating. However, their ability to basically tell any kind of story they want, has lead to some hilarious episodes. I’m disappointed to see it get buried on Nicktoons but the stupid scheduling annoyed me enough to just buy a season pass to keep watching it, so it doesn’t really matter when it airs, at least for me. It cannot be easy for the actual target demographic to see it though.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:40 AM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why pay a subscription when you can watch the eps online for free?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:28 PM   #67
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

How are the toys selling? When looking for the 2 pack of the '87 cartoon sets I noticed a few each of two characters Meat Sweats and whatever the foot soldiers are no other characters.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:28 PM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well Toys R Us doesn't exist anymore so that alone is a huge blow.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:03 PM   #69
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well Toys R Us doesn't exist anymore so that alone is a huge blow.
Wasn't there talk of Toys R Us making a return?
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #70
aprilsfan
Foot Soldier

i thought it was quiet here too
aprilsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #71
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

You know its kinda ironic what most people dislike about this series are the same reason why I kinda enjoy it(except for the Leo thing the writers really dropped the ball on that one). I dunno when there are numerous of shows that have story and deep lore its just kinda nice to have an light hearted episodic action cartoon. Even when the show started I didn't mind some episodes being 11 minutes because I knew they would go over concepts that would be annoying if it was the normal 22 minute run time and it would reduce padding. I especially enjoy this incarnation of Splinter, like everyone here I didn't like him at first but as the series went on he has become one of my favorite incarnations being a mix between Johnny Cage and Peter B. Parker, April also somewhat improved and I think they did the Teenage angle much better than the previous series. The show isn't perfect I do agree that the writers could differente the turtles better and this is pretty much the worst incarnation of Leo but as a show its a decent 7/10