The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-30-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S2 EP2 - Todd Scouts/Goyles, Goyles, Goyles

Todd Scouts
The TMNT need to learn how to listen and get in touch with nature in order to save Todd after he's captured by a group of hunters;

Goyles, Goyles, Goyles
Huginn and Muninn recall their first day working for Baron Draxum.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Anyone else thinks Goyles sounds like an anti semitic slur
Old 11-30-2019, 05:01 PM   #3
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Anyone else thinks Goyles sounds like an anti semitic slur
Goyles, Goyles, Goyles sounds like a play of the phrase "Girls, Girls, Girls" Kind like how Bugs Bunny would say Goyle instead of Girl.

Also Goyles is short for Gargoyles which is the sort of creatures that Huginn and Muninn are meant to be. The two of them are named after the two ravens that serve the Norse God Odin and their names translate to thought and memory.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:58 PM   #4
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Well if anyone wanted a three way crossover of Flapjack, Camp Lazlo and TMNT well here it is.

Is it me or did the animation improved this season its even more fluid and the compositions are amazing.

Not going to lie Leo getting hit with the numb dart in the face got a good laugh from me.

Who would win Todd or Gumball

Baron: I was expecting beefcakes

Well at least we know Baron's type

So Lou/Yoshi/Splinter swore off violence I guess years of fighting in life and death battles will do that to a person regardless of cute catgirls

And the Kill La Kill homages continue.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I wish more one-off eps were backstory focused like the "Goyles" one is. It at least needs more of this if it's going to abandon the arc as much as it does.

Though, personally, centering the title and description on the relatively unimportant side of the episode isn't very interest-grabbing for a series that may be struggling to make it. Shrugged them off last night because they sounded dull and unimportant.

Yeah, I also assumed the "Girls, Girls, Girls" thing was the inspiration for the title. (Though...not sure why. It's kinda random. But this show and Nick trying to be antisemitic would be even more random... Er, just no.)

The first was...okay... Just a shame the arc is dropped that quickly. At least the scout outfits were cute and played on the part of me that will always be a sucker for the Turtles trying to wear stuff. Would make cute figures, if the figures themselves were cuter and still going to be a thing.

edit: Although "Goyles" kind of messes up Draxum's confusion and the part of the story line in the "Evil League" ep over the Turtles somehow knowing Lou Jistsu, as if he hadn't already known he'd made all of them what they are (as he'd already told them in another ep), including the Turtles with Lou's DNA, and that Lou turned into Splinter (or was in the process of mutating, but kind of beside the point) and escaped with the Turtles. He knew all this...

Oh, and side note... we need more death pony. lol Or should it more appropriately be considered a death unicorn...?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-01-2019 at 09:42 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #6
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Kind of weird how we got an orgin story even in this type of series but it was cute, would love another episode like that but from Splinters point of view instead. The baby turtles are so cute, I loved it

First episode was just weird, fun but weird. Leo really is the heart of this team of this series isn't he? I also like how he's got complete control of that weapon now and that it's staying that way. I really wish they'd just have him become the official leader already, please don't wait till the final that'd be annoying in my opinion.

Over all, interesting episodes. I hope they skip over the next ones and move onto the others since they already aired during Halloween month.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #7
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

turtles are ugly they are not cute!
Old 12-01-2019, 10:32 PM   #8
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

One of the many things Rise does better than 2k12 is that its not afraid to have an episode without the turtles. One of my gripes with that series is that it felt like the writers were kinda afraid of having an episode without the turtles in the main spotlight or not having all four in an episode but in Rise not only we got Goyles Goyles where the turtles don't even have a speaking role but we get numerous of episodes where certain turtles don't even appear in the episode. Take "Nothing But Truffle" where Mikey is the only turtle to appear in that episode, no Leo, no Raph and no Donatello but just Mikey as the lone turtle in that episode

Last edited by PApagreg; 12-01-2019 at 10:42 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:15 AM   #9
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Baby Leo reaching out for Lou was too precious. I agree with the sentiments that the title not giving any hints that it was the origin story episode was a pretty bad call. Luckily, Andy clued people in on social media. Speaking of Andy, I sure recognized that sasquatch before I almost died laughing.

I wasn't expecting much from Todd Scouts but man that episode was a riot. Evil dentists are always amusing but these guys were beef cakes as well, which adds to the silliness. And then Todd went super saiyan, because why not?

I guess Roger Craig Smith is taking over for John Cena as the Baron. I suppose that's just as well. Meanwhile they bring in Arrested Development's Tony Hale for the ripped dentist. This cast remains stellar.

I do hope we wont have to wait long to see what happens next with Shredder and Big Mamma but as long as the show remains entertaining, I don't mind the wait for the next kernel.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup View Post
I guess Roger Craig Smith is taking over for John Cena as the Baron. I suppose that's just as well.
The voice is practically indistinguishable, but the performance is SO much better. A most welcome change.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:09 AM   #11
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The voice is practically indistinguishable, but the performance is SO much better. A most welcome change.
No kidding. Let him sing a song as well.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:05 AM   #12
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Had a thought. What if the rat that kept biting lou mutated into an evil version of splinter and called himself the rat king.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:20 AM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Okay, now that...would be pretty cool.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #14
Tmntfan4life
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Had a thought. What if the rat that kept biting lou mutated into an evil version of splinter and called himself the rat king.
Ohmigosh yesss please that would be incredible since that rat already doesnt like splinter it would make so much sense 🤞😁🤞
Tmntfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #15
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

So re watching Todd Scouts does anyone else the main villain kinda looks like a Kids Next Door character
Old 12-06-2019, 01:49 AM   #16
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
So re watching Todd Scouts does anyone else the main villain kinda looks like a Kids Next Door character
Yes, totally. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.