The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #21
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Yeah, true, but I still find that petty. I just prefer the vengeance thing, I suppose and just feel it would make him more interesting for me. Maybe have him slightly more tragic? Yoshi being responsible for the death of his older respected brother and Ten responsible for his brother's heartache and turmoil or something. The motivations would feel slightly less....selfish maybe? IMO, Shredder, for this incarnation anyway, is just...not interesting.
Well, you know what they say, the ones that you love the most, can also hurt you the most.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #22
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

No, there's no use for him since Saki pretty much took his place in every incarnation that had Tang Shen (with the exception of getting killed).

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:07 PM   #23
DarthEmpress
Thug

They could definitely bring Oroku Nagi back if they wanted to. There's multiple ways he could be brought back in - as a younger brother who doesn't agree with Saki's power over the Foot, a rogue ninja who joins up with the turtles to take his brother down, or someone so twisted and evil that he's the only thing Saki's truly afraid of...

But I doubt he'll ever appear again.
DarthEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #24
Stugehen
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'd rather see Kazuo Saki make a return. Shredder's brother from the Tokyo Police.
I see this and raise you Shredder's mom from the Fred Wolf cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Man, I would actually care about Shredder if they'd gone the Nagi route. At least give a better reason for Saki's hatred towards Yoshi. I'd rather him avenge his brother than acting like an idiot because he lost the woman (who didn't love him) to the guy that she did actually love.
Yeah Shredder ended up becoming a one dimensional villain in every reiteration. Which is okay, but not as interesting. Mirage really showcased how violence begat violence. Splinter especially made me raise any eyebrow on occasion.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #25
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugehen View Post
I see this and raise you Shredder's mom from the Fred Wolf cartoon.

http://www.thatchickensite.com/lette...mom/sm_020.jpg

Yeah Shredder ended up becoming a one dimensional villain in every reiteration. Which is okay, but not as interesting. Mirage really showcased how violence begat violence. Splinter especially made me raise any eyebrow on occasion.
I forgot about his mother. lol

I'd still rather have the Mirage story for him than this 2k12 version for his reasoning, but yeah the Mirage version does pretty much show violence begat violence.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nick, oroku nagi