The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-02-2017, 10:42 PM   #261
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Will this cancel everything current? Nick, HSH, bloks?

This is huge!

Does playmates have a fricken lifelong contract with turtles or something?

Last edited by EddieNES; 03-02-2017 at 11:12 PM.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:40 AM   #262
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

I'd expect it to replace the basic line, HSH may still release some stuff, and I really doubt it'll kill the bloks line, seeing as they release sets for multiple versions of the show simultaneously.

Last edited by Huzzah; 03-03-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:37 AM   #263
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
There's no need to be insulting. And it doesn't matter how optimistic you want to be... if you throw logic out the window to do it, you're being counterproductive.

It's all moot anyway since they just announced a new more kid-friendly series for 2018.
Says the guy who just said "Paula's useless ass"... I'm surprised that you were both insulted by me implying some of you sounded intelligent. I specifically phrased that not to be much of a slam, the more important part was an attempt to nudge to "be contemplative" in addition to sounding intelligent. Guess I failed. Yes, there was a fire in there but come on, insulted?

Anyway -- what a difference a day makes, eh?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:11 PM   #264
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I'm surprised that you were both insulted by me implying some of you sounded intelligent.
Wow, you're just trolling for an argument aren't you? Good for you.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #265
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Says the guy who just said "Paula's useless ass"...
She IS useless!

And again, like so many others here, what's being said is taken completely out of context.

Paula: Playmates employee who has been there forever and has very obviously not been the best at her position, or at least the outward-facing part of such that we are privy to, for the entirety of her known career.

Us: Just a couple of people who don't want to be paying $10-12 a pop for something that we don't like... and have almost 30 years of evidence to show that that's not going to change.

Me slagging somebody whose professional interactions with myself and others have left me less than satisfied, is far different from you pretending we're trying to appear intelligent just because we don't want our hobbies to be full of garbage, but yet we know they will be.

HOWEVER maybe it was a bit out of line and I apologize.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 03-03-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #266
Powder
So tired of this place

I guess it's fair to assume Savanti Romero was cancelled, eh? Just remembered that protoype from a while back. Wasn't gonna buy one myself, but it's a shame anyway.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #267
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

He would've been cancelled regardless. They would've claimed he was too big to produce...
Old 03-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #268
Chris
Mad Scientist

Yeah if I remember right they confirmed he was cancelled around the same time as Kraang Prime & the pets (pretty sure it was in one of Pixel Dan's videos from SDCC or NYCC). They said they might reconsider him if he ever appeared in the show again but since he wasn't shown at TF last month and it's been confirmed (I think) that what was shown was the last of the line before the new show I'm guessing he's not coming even though he's coming back on the show.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #269
snake
Disgusting

Bleh. I'm just pissed about Kavaxas.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #270
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Don't know where Tokka heard this from Ciro (I couldn't find on Ciro's IG), but he says, according to Ciro, Kavaxas IS getting a fig. We'll wait and see, I guess.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRRaI7Kh5Ad/
Could've heard from him directly at some point. tOkKa hits up a lot of cons and keeps in touch with the movers and shakers pretty easily.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #271
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

You guys forget that without Playmates, TMNT probably never would have made it into the mainstream like it did.

***Readies himself for defense against coming beratement***
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:53 AM   #272
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
You guys forget that without Playmates, TMNT probably never would have made it into the mainstream like it did.
No one is forgetting that. But it doesn't give them immunity against criticism, just because they took a chance on a indie comic property to get a slice of that sweet action figure marked 30 years ago.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #273
snake
Disgusting

Oh, I don't doubt that at all, but when your toys from 25+ years ago are leagues ahead of what you're crapping out now, then something has to change.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #274
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

No one forgets that. Their vintage stuff is still impressive and garnered plenty of good will, but they're complacent with mediocre crap now because they think that good will can continue to carry them. The first waves of Nick Turtles was incredibly well received but the follow ups have seen a major decrease in quality and quantity. When sons of the most toyetic characters never see like get of day in lieu of progressively worse Turtle Variants.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #275
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I don't disagree with what any of you are saying. I just can't understand why people seem so perplexed that Nickelodeon chose to stay with Playmates-- that brand is most recognizable to people in association with TMNT, more so than anything else.

They also don't seem to have the same hold over the licensure that they did in the old days. If you don't like their products, there are plenty of other companies making TMNT collectibles. Before you guys start complaining about scale again, the Figuarts figures are pretty close. I get that the price point is high but most here are adults in their thirties with careers. Spend your money on the stuff NECA and the like put out and stop worrying about the aesthetics and articulation of action figures put out by a kiddie toy company for children under 10.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:33 PM   #276
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Spend your money on the stuff NECA and the like put out and stop worrying about the aesthetics and articulation of action figures put out by a kiddie toy company for children under 10.
I'm sorry guys, I'm gonna bite on this bait...

First, nobody cares who's the company behind as long as it is produced. Parents don't care if it's Playmates, Hasbro or Toys Pacific. Neither do kids. Despite having higher quality standards than them, neither do we as collectors so the "brand is most recognizable to people in association with TMNT" is worthless because beeing or not related to the turtles is out of the point.

Second, as an 'under 10 kiddie line' they've left a lot of charismatic characters out of their rooster and their quality has decreased significantly over the years. As a company they take too many shortcuts and lower the final products looks too much. As collector who also buy kids toys, we have the right to have a bad opinion about that.

Finally, despite we are free to buy NECA stuff, or even Sideshow Collectibles statues if we want, the grip Playmates unfortunately has over the 6 inch line prevents anybody else from providing quality products in this very desirable scale. And that is Playmates fault because they actually KNOW how bad their products are and how well other companies could do it, so they actually ban them from even trying. As a costumer I call that lame and unprofessional.

We wish we could forget about Playmates and only pay attention to other companies, but unfortunately we can't because they own the most popular, collectable and displayable line.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:04 AM   #277
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
I'm sorry guys, I'm gonna bite on this bait...

First, nobody cares who's the company behind as long as it is produced. Parents don't care if it's Playmates, Hasbro or Toys Pacific. Neither do kids. Despite having higher quality standards than them, neither do we as collectors so the "brand is most recognizable to people in association with TMNT" is worthless because beeing or not related to the turtles is out of the point.

Second, as an 'under 10 kiddie line' they've left a lot of charismatic characters out of their rooster and their quality has decreased significantly over the years. As a company they take too many shortcuts and lower the final products looks too much. As collector who also buy kids toys, we have the right to have a bad opinion about that.

Finally, despite we are free to buy NECA stuff, or even Sideshow Collectibles statues if we want, the grip Playmates unfortunately has over the 6 inch line prevents anybody else from providing quality products in this very desirable scale. And that is Playmates fault because they actually KNOW how bad their products are and how well other companies could do it, so they actually ban them from even trying. As a costumer I call that lame and unprofessional.

We wish we could forget about Playmates and only pay attention to other companies, but unfortunately we can't because they own the most popular, collectable and displayable line.
well said..
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:44 AM   #278
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

My kid brothers who grew up with the 2k3 figures, preferred among the sh*t ton of Turtle variants they had, either the basic figures or the ones with more articulation like the Fightin' Gear, Paleo Patrol, Monster Trapper and the Basic Fast Forward figures.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #279
calmik
Foot Soldier

with all the new toys coming out and previewed at ToyFair, did anyone from Playmates say when we should be getting all of the new figures? like Q2? Q3?
calmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:24 AM   #280
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
I don't disagree with what any of you are saying. I just can't understand why people seem so perplexed that Nickelodeon chose to stay with Playmates-- that brand is most recognizable to people in association with TMNT, more so than anything else.

They also don't seem to have the same hold over the licensure that they did in the old days. If you don't like their products, there are plenty of other companies making TMNT collectibles. Before you guys start complaining about scale again, the Figuarts figures are pretty close. I get that the price point is high but most here are adults in their thirties with careers. Spend your money on the stuff NECA and the like put out and stop worrying about the aesthetics and articulation of action figures put out by a kiddie toy company for children under 10.
IF Playmates would allow Neca to make 6/7 inch scale turtle figures at retail I am sure many of us wouldn't give 2 ***** about Playmates scale. But they wont

Tags
2017, playmates bashing