The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: All we needed was Baxter's laboratory to be called Botany Bay...
Great Fight Scenes! 38 54.29%
Aw... Dark Raph should have been longer... 29 41.43%
Mondo Gecko's so.... mondo tiny. 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Ep Discussion: S3 Ep16: "Clash of the Mutanimals"

Happy first weekend of May!

So, the Mighty Mutanimals are going to find themselves in the clutches of Shredder and his goons. What kind of torture are they going to be put through? Could we possibly see some test runs of this mind-control serum we keep hearing about?

We've got 12 hours to go, let the speculation begin!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:55 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Yeah, I could see them being under some mind control along with Raph, I bet the end of the episode will be a little tease for Mondo Gecko.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #3
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Man, I am so pumped for this ep! It's gonna be hard for me to get any sleep tonight!!!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
snake
Disgusting

Pretty excited. I hope Dark Raph lasts for a few episodes.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:50 AM   #5
jenna
Mad Scientist

I've got no means to watch it from the UK, but I CANNOT WAIT to know what happens. Please could someone post a synopsis (under spoiler tags of course)?
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:11 AM   #6
Mew
Banned

Cool

4 Hours!!!!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #7
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier

I don't think this is over. For one thing, there's Pigeon Pete. I think he's under the effects of the serum and no one noticed in the chaos and with how weird he is to begin with. The serum's flaw, as currently formulated, is emotion and/or indigestion. If those weakness can be dealt with, or perhaps a more emotionally stable test subject used, I wouldn't rule out Cityfall.
AnarkyLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:21 AM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarkyLantern View Post
I don't think this is over. For one thing, there's Pigeon Pete. I think he's under the effects of the serum and no one noticed in the chaos and with how weird he is to begin with. The serum's flaw, as currently formulated, is emotion and/or indigestion. If those weakness can be dealt with, or perhaps a more emotionally stable test subject used, I wouldn't rule out Cityfall.
Hmmm, interesting theory. Did all the worms get destroyed I wonder? Because given how Pete is, it wouldn't surprise me if he saw a worm and immediately grabbed and ate it without thinking. Then takes a bit for the bad guys to even figure it out maybe.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:27 AM   #9
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I liked the episode, And I never read any of those IDW comics.

I think its silly to complain about the episode of this show, Just because of some ideas were taken from the comic, This show is its own thing, And should not adhere to what was written in the comics before.

Do people really want half a season dealing with Raph being mine controlled?
Old 05-03-2015, 10:27 AM   #10
aliena
Hench Mutant

I'll admit that when I realized Raph wasn't even going to be dark an entire episode, I was disappointed. Then I got over it. I was the one who hyped myself up for Dark Raph. Something I will not be doing again.

I was more upset over the idea that Tigerclaw could defeat the Mutanimals so easily and how no one can ever beat Shredder, at all, in a fight.

Things that I liked included getting the Shellraiser back, Mikey mentioning how the tv episodes match their lives, the hug between Raph and Leo in the end(even if it was because Leo saved the day) and using the worms like Star Trek.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #11
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
I'll admit that when I realized Raph wasn't even going to be dark an entire episode, I was disappointed. Then I got over it. I was the one who hyped myself up for Dark Raph. Something I will not be doing again.

I was more upset over the idea that Tigerclaw could defeat the Mutanimals so easily and how no one can ever beat Shredder, at all, in a fight.

Things that I liked included getting the Shellraiser back, Mikey mentioning how the tv episodes match their lives, the hug between Raph and Leo in the end(even if it was because Leo saved the day) and using the worms like Star Trek.
The reason why TigerClaw was able to take down the Mutanimals, Is cause hes an expert in martial arts, The Mutanimals have no martial arts training, And there fights are more like street brawls.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #12
aliena
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The reason why TigerClaw was able to take down the Mutanimals, Is cause hes an expert in martial arts, The Mutanimals have no martial arts training, And there fights are more like street brawls.
That's true TigerClaw. I always think of Slash and Leatherhead as being so big and strong that I think they could take anyone down. Tigerclaw is also an assassin. I tend to forget that at times.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
That's true TigerClaw. I always think of Slash and Leatherhead as being so big and strong that I think they could take anyone down. Tigerclaw is also an assassin. I tend to forget that at times.
It takes someone whose at his level or higher, To take him down, Even the Turtles can take down TigerClaw at times.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:40 PM   #14
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I thought this was a really good episode, mostly because we're starting to see other characters a lot more now.
I had a few gasping and ewww moment this time round though.
The scene with Slash cracking Splinter across the face was like
But they really did a nice job at the end of the episode and I like that Splinter called Slash his friend.
Seeing Slash so much though really makes me wonder what in the world has happened to Newtralizer.
The worms reminded me of Star Trek and had me squirming and saying ugh every time.
I really loved the fight scenes and the look of the show had vastly improved over time.
I have to say I've not laughed in some time as the show has been pretty serious but Pigeon Pete had me cracking up quite a few times in this one.
I hope when and if they make a Mighty Mutanimals tv show that we will get better toys for the characters.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

The Shellraiser is back? When and how did that happen? It was destroyed at the end of season 2. I believe the writers' sense of continuity is slipping...

It is pretty lame that nobody stayed under Shredder's control, I was hoping Slash or Raph would remain mind controled so there could be a couple of episodes dedicated to freeing them. But no, it's another self contained episode, about the only thing we get is knowing how the mind control works. And why didn't Shredder take the opportunity to ask Slash and Rockwell where the Turtle lair is?

As I suspected, Tiger Claw made up for Bebop and Rocksteady's failure in the last episode, delaying Shredder's plans with no episodes at all. So what's the point of last the episode then? Introducing Muckman? A character we probably won't see for a while (if at all), especially when you remember that Mondo, Renet, Savanti, Fugitoid and Mozar are all bound to show up in this season....
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #16
Vicky82
Emperor

IGN review

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/0...animals-review

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #17
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Looks like that IGN review, Echo what some have felt about this episode.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #18
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Looks like that IGN review, Echo what some have felt about this episode.
it was another brain washing episode as we had similar episodes in the past, so that was the main reason he gave it less points.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #19
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Them fight scenes though.

Nearly fell out of my bunkbed with excitement.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:08 PM   #20
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The Shellraiser is back? When and how did that happen? It was destroyed at the end of season 2. I believe the writers' sense of continuity is slipping...

It is pretty lame that nobody stayed under Shredder's control, I was hoping Slash or Raph would remain mind controled so there could be a couple of episodes dedicated to freeing them. But no, it's another self contained episode, about the only thing we get is knowing how the mind control works. And why didn't Shredder take the opportunity to ask Slash and Rockwell where the Turtle lair is?
Donnie said he fixed it in this episode and he said he was working on it in this episode too.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote