The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 08:29 PM   #81
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yeah, I've been thinking about that a lot. There's very, very little logic in any of the way the Triceratons were created, but especially the cloning bits. Which would come with a lot of problems with the major lack in genetic diversity. If an extreme disease comes their way, they are royally screwed, because they wouldn't have the genetic resistance to fight it. Not to compare them to plants, but that's why we've struggled with banana crops. Not only once, but now a second time.

And any self-respecting Utrom scientist should have known that.
In Green Lantern Ganthet is the featured Guardian of The Universe. He later gets a wife with Sayd. At one point Ganthet was it then the others are brought back as children he raises on his own. Once restored they become their worst enemy and die despite apparent immortality. This time however Ganthet has a female companion when they are allowed to survive. Also, there was a second set of Guardians of The Universe hidden away guarding an acient item called The Templar Guardians. No one ever heard of them until suddenly it was just the couple left. I know I am ranting, but it feels much like The Tricratons restart and convineces. Why can't Zom be Sayd and Zog and Zom have little Triceratons and it work like Noah's sons and thier wives?
Old 01-15-2018, 07:14 AM   #82
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Triceraton are created from an unknown three-horned chasmosaurine from Cretaceous Mongolia:

Sophie Campbell in an old DeviantArt comment (now gone): "Turtles in Time takes place in Mongolia, not North America! the tyrannosaurid was a tarbosaurus, and i'm pretty sure there was overlap of protoceratops and tyrannosaurus around the Maastrichtian era of the Late Cretaceous (i'm no expert so i might be wrong though). the only dinosaur in the comic that most likely doesn't fit is the quetzalcoatlus, which lived around the same time but probably not in Mongolia (although nobody can prove they didn't, so...), but we said the hell with it. :XD:"
See https://chasmosaurs.blogspot.nl/2014...-accurate.html

Then the "Styracodon" might be a Sinoceratops...
Old 01-15-2018, 08:34 AM   #83
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

While it does show them going to North America in Utrom Empire, a Triceratops did show up in Mongolia during Turtles in Time. Which probably was unlikely at best.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:51 PM   #84
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

I wonder what the Turtles will think when they find out that Splinter allied himself with Bishop. I'm guessing Donatello will be indifferent, Leonardo will be against it but in a more calm way, Raphael will flip and Michaelangelo gets sad and dissapointed.

Guess we'll also be seeing the Turtles vs the footsoldiers and Jennika when the Turtles try to escape the footsoldier place. Perhaps we'll be seeing the Turtles vs Splinter at the end when he wants to stop them from going outside for their own safety?

Also did anyone else catch some foreshadowing of Splinter dying?
The way he spoke to his sons seemed like last words at times and he said "Aslong as i breathe, aslong as i am alive i will always be your father" and he said "I will die in your place!" or something.
I really hope he doesn't die... that would be heartbreaking...
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #85
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
Also did anyone else catch some foreshadowing of Splinter dying?
The way he spoke to his sons seemed like last words at times and he said "Aslong as i breathe, aslong as i am alive i will always be your father" and he said "I will die in your place!" or something.
I really hope he doesn't die... that would be heartbreaking...
Splinter will probably die around issue 100, to mirror Shredder dying in issue 50.

It won't be too sad, Hamato Yoshi will reunite with Tang Shen in the afterlife.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:25 PM   #86
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

I suspect people are going to be quite mad at Splinter, though I can understand. Here is a man who watched his wife die, then his son’s heads beheaded right in front of him. He’s not going to have them die in a war he can fight.

I genuinely feel Splinter seems himself as taking on the dirty work that needs to to be done in order for his sons to be safe, and perhaps so such methods won’t be needed in the future. Whether it will all work out that way, who knows? He may find that he can’t protext them forever and his best laid plans fall apart.

The unfortunate part is he is selling his soul when I don’t really think war with the Triceratrons was necessary. Bishop...frankly I’m okay with him being killed in this arc. His choices aren’t just zenophobic, they’re reckless.

That said, wow, where Bishop’s forces failed the Purple Dragons, the group who are traditionally used to get beat up to make the Foot Soliders look tough, ie the disposable villains to the disposable villains, just took down some invaders. Yes, you had Casey and Hun their but holy cow!

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 02-07-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #87
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
I suspect people are going to be quite mad at Splinter, though I can understand. Here is a man who watched his wife die, then his son’s heads beheaded right in front of him. He’s not going to have them die in a war he can fight.

I genuinely feel Splinter seems himself as taking on the dirty work that needs to to be done in order for his sons to be safe, and perhaps so such methods won’t be needed in the future. Whether it will all work out that way, who knows?
You mean the character's reaction or the audience reaction because if it is the latter most people here understands what Splinter is doing.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:42 PM   #88
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Which brings me to a realization that...anyone in this series who runs themselves ragged trying to protect things they don't want to lose will usually have something go very wrong.

It's already happened to Yoshi once before. Though all things considered, dragging your children off to live in the middle of nowhere - one of them being a tiny toddler - is pretty tame compared to taking over the Foot Clan. But that still got him and his children killed years later.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:48 AM   #89
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Which brings me to a realization that...anyone in this series who runs themselves ragged trying to protect things they don't want to lose will usually have something go very wrong.

It's already happened to Yoshi once before. Though all things considered, dragging your children off to live in the middle of nowhere - one of them being a tiny toddler - is pretty tame compared to taking over the Foot Clan. But that still got him and his children killed years later.
That’s sort of the rub. He honored his wife’s last request for no revenge and it got his family killed. Now he wishes to take things into his own claws. It pains me a little, because I really do like the Splinter running the Foot arc and even like Jeninka, and it looks like this is going to end with them in big trouble.

With regards to who “people” are, I guess I just read one person online saying he’s become the evil Splinter from 2k3 and get defensive.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:31 AM   #90
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

There was an evil Splinter in 2k3? I remember him being one of the nicest.

Is anyone else kind of distressed watching what's happening to the Triceratons? I mean they come in peace and stuff and we've watched them be burned alive, etc. It's been kind of brutal!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:55 AM   #91
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
There was an evil Splinter in 2k3? I remember him being one of the nicest.

Is anyone else kind of distressed watching what's happening to the Triceratons? I mean they come in peace and stuff and we've watched them be burned alive, etc. It's been kind of brutal!
Evil Splinter would be a reference to Sliver, the fallen mentor to an alternate version of the TMNT that were a quartet of superheroes. It was a one-off issue in Tales of TMNT vol.2 and adapted in the Ultimate Drako saga at the end of season 3 of the 2003 cartoon.